[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (08/07/16 - Transformer 0.3.1 & Valentine Breakable) (3 Viewers)

Fafnir72

Vivacious Visitor
Porting stuff to some of the least modded characters has become much less painful. I think Helena looks exceptionally hot in her maid's (Marie) outfits. :bush:

View attachment 46365

Leifang outfits suit her pretty well as well. Very elegant.
View attachment 46369

View attachment 46373

View attachment 46383

View attachment 46393

I've found a few issues along the way, but nothing major that a bit of simple edits can't fix. I think I might have to take some time to sit down and do some serious debugging.
Great Timmy.......can you release Maire Strker too?

timmyc

Content Creator
This had to happen :bush:
SuperAgentMarie (1).jpg SuperAgentMarie (2).jpg

NiteGuardian

A Fighter
Content Creator
I hope I haven't set your expectations too high as there is a fair share of problems with this early release, but I think it's good enough t for people to transform some costumes and commence the Fappening :bush:

Porting stuff to some of the least modded characters has become much less painful. I think Helena looks exceptionally hot in her maid's (Marie) outfits. :bush:

Leifang outfits suit her pretty well as well. Very elegant.

I've found a few issues along the way, but nothing major that a bit of simple edits can't fix. I think I might have to take some time to sit down and do some serious debugging.

Actually I figured there would be a lot of bugs starting out and I will never expect it to work perfectly, but still what a great resource this will become!

The only 2 things that has disappointed me so far about your work timmyc?

1. you let low numbers of comments/votes stop you from feeling like your work is good enough, which could NOT be further from the truth, its the nature of the internet that for every 100 downloads there is maybe 5 (if your lucky) that will thumbs up or leave a comment.

2. you never released the majority of your Lei Fang mods, from the pantyless China Dress to the Aloha Suspenders pushed aside, to the "lady of the rings" it seems you love her character as much as the die-hard fans (like myself) do, your about the only Modder giving her any real love and we have yet to see most of it in our games.

Don't consider that last one pressure to do more Lei Fang, just saying of all you have done my main complaints are wanting you to think better of yourself and wanting more :P

M226914

Casual Client
Wow, I've got a LOT to catch up on in this thread!!

Timmy, the new tool sound ridiculously good! I can't wait to give it a try! You, Sir, are nothing short of a genius!

Thank you again for all of your hard work. It truly is appreciated!

timmyc

Content Creator
I plan on pushing out an update some time soon to address a few issues during transformation (stray verticies, weird shapes etc). I think I have narrowed down the issue in my threading code, but I need some time to completely fix it. Please look forward to the new version.

timmyc

Content Creator
Update on the tool - I have found most of the issues and resolved them with this new version which I will be uploading shortly.

Resolved Issues:
- All of the models I have tested so far no longer exhibit oddities such as stray vertices and weird shapes
- Corrected an issue with V0.0.6 where normal vectors are not correctly applied to some parts of the model.
- Performance enhancement with multi-threading

Known Issues:
- Some times the finger can have messed up weight (sticking way out)

Let me know if there are any issues you come across and I will try my best to address them. This version is what I consider to be stable (much more) enough to be considered as a release candidate version, but for all intents and purposes, this is still in beta.

Updated tool can be found in the original tool post here:
[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (updated 02/08/16 - character transformer tool v0.0.9) | Page 4 | Undertow

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
I re-wrote the logic to calculate normal vectors for the transformed model. I went with a very very complicated route at first which involves rotation matrices and a lot of vector math, and then a very simple solution dawned on me, lol. I hope you guys like the new transformed models.

I made sure to tune the speed so that it is still very fast and the quality of the model I think is also increased. I still recommend you guys experiment with different "smoothness" value and see what you like best, as every model is different.

As part of my testing effort for the new version, I've also created new samples, which are basically updated version of the ones I've already released.

The sample can be downloaded here
CharacterTransformerToolSamples_V2.zip

A few transformation shots

Marie
ChinaDressMarie (1).jpg ChinaDressMarie (1).jpg ChinaDressMarie (2).jpg HulaMarie (1).jpg HulaMarie (2).jpg HulaMarie (3).jpg NaughtyTailMarie (1).jpg NaughtyTailMarie (2).jpg SchoolgirlMarie.jpg

Helena
GymHelena (1).jpg GymHelena (2).jpg GymHelena (3).jpg

Nyotengu
FappingForceNyo (1).jpg FappingForceNyo (2).jpg

timmyc

Content Creator
More tool tests - Marie in her gift wrap
MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (1).jpg MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (2).jpg MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (3).jpg MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (4).jpg MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (5).jpg
I made sure that there's no neck seam with this tool, but I can't be 100% certain, so if you see some neck seam that is non-texture related (after swapping skin mtrcol), please let me know and I can look into it.
MarieXmasInJulyGiftWrap (6).jpg

timmyc

Content Creator
My ever diligent tester IshidaCorp has found some problems with the new version of transformer in that the normal handling is still not perfect, but I have a way of fixing it in my existing tool.

transformer_hipo_test.png
I have a way to deal with this kind of issues with my other tool that can recompute normal vectors and smooth seams (a new version of OBJ converter)

Although I don't recommend the use of high polygon models as they slow the game down with very few benefits that can only be seen upclose. Cosume fitting with high polygon models is also hard to achieve seamlessness due to the vast difference in the number of vertices between high Po and official models.

I can rework some of the logic. I hope you guys like the new version so far. I appreciate you guys trying it out and any feedback/bug report/ anything you want to share are most welcome.

This is turning into such a fun pet project and has awakened my inner nerd to fulfill my need to know, lol.

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
Added Honoka to the list. it's actually pretty simple since my tool reads a list of TMC in the referneces folder, so all I had to do was drop the Honoka reference in there. No version update this time, but if you download the new pack, you should see Honoka in the list now.
[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (updated 02/09/16 - character transformer tool v0.0.9) | Page 4 | Undertow

However, it is not going to be even remotely close to the kind of quality SaafRats has been blessing us with.

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
Since Harry announced the retirement of his Skeleton Patcher tool (I've always thought his tool worked wonderfully and have been happy with it), I have begun the process of integrating the bone and collision transfer into my Character Transformer Tool. A new build is under testing right now and should be released soonish should everything check out.

Now with this new version, after hitting the transform button, all you need to do is change the skin mtr col and texture and it will just work, which shaves about a few seconds of time :p

Some shots of the automated bone/collision transfer from my tool on super agent marie.
MarieBoneCollisionTest (1).jpg MarieBoneCollisionTest (2).jpg MarieBoneCollisionTest (3).jpg

starvingthanos

Potential Patron
could you swap the panties on the sexy school girl mod for some thong panties? may be a specific fetish. or is there a way to do it with the new tool you've created? Awesome work btw. Thanks for all the releases.

timmyc

Content Creator
could you swap the panties on the sexy school girl mod for some thong panties? may be a specific fetish. or is there a way to do it with the new tool you've created? Awesome work btw. Thanks for all the releases.

Unfortunately Swap is for the full body, so you can't swap out individual pieces.

Ran into a bit of an issue with the new version, so new version is going to be delayed for a bit.

Change log:
Enhancements
- Drag and drop file support
- Smoother surface after transformation
- Automatic bone/collision transfer

Issues
- Some issue with bone transfer for some costumes

A bit more tests
2016-02-09 23-05-01.jpg 2016-02-09 23-16-59.jpg 2016-02-09 23-17-15.jpg

timmyc

Content Creator
Uploaded version 0.1.2 of my transformer [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (updated 02/09/16 - character transformer tool v0.0.9) | Page 4 | Undertow

Tutorial also updated to cover the new controls [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (updated 02/09/16 - character transformer tool v0.0.9) | Page 4 | Undertow

As I write this, I am already working on a new way to approximate surface smoothness and have a POC build running. This has become a fun research project for me to play with various ways to transform meshes. I hope you guys enjoy the tool as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

However, as I have stated before, this is never going to replace a modder's manual labor when it comes to this kind of costume transfers, but I hope with more accessibility, more people will be encouraged to go hands-on with DOA5 modding.

timmyc

Content Creator
After going back to the drawing board, I think I have come up with a good compromise between the two methods that I was having a very hard time picking from in regards to mesh smoothing.

I've updated the tool to V0.1.3 with the following changes

Change Log
V0.1.3
Enhancements
- The tool no longer creates a TMCL file if one already exists - this saves a bit of time if texture has already been swapped
- Modified the transformation algorithm to achieve better results in most cases
- Hi Polygon models should now be (kind of) supported

Resolved
- Strange finger sticking out has been fixed with the built-in bone and collision transfer feature

A few shots to show the differences
timmy_transformer_0_1_2_tutorial_10.png timmy_transformer_0_1_2_tutorial_11.png timmy_transformer_0_1_2_tutorial_12.png timmy_transformer_0_1_2_tutorial_13.png

V0_1_3_test (1).jpg V0_1_3_test (2).jpg V0_1_3_test (3).jpg V0_1_3_test (4).jpg V0_1_3_test (5).jpg V0_1_3_test (6).jpg V0_1_3_test (7).jpg V0_1_3_test (8).jpg V0_1_3_test (9).jpg V0_1_3_test (10).jpg

No more mysteriously long finger :bush: which can be useful in certain situations
V0_1_3_test (11).jpg V0_1_3_test (12).jpg

Please let me know if there are any issues. Any feedback is welcome as well. I'd love to hear what people think about this v0.1.3. I think updates will come at a slower pace now seeing as how it's taken me a lot of hours if it works fine in most cases, and everything people need to perform the transformation is already included (minus the texture tool, i can make the tool call it as well if people want , lol)

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
am uploading a new version now after finding some issues in the algorithm. Please give that one a shot and see if it still has issues with drastic types of transformation? It was a pretty bad bug that has existed since 0.0.9 (I changed the logic to remove 0.1.3 but introduced potentially new error).

V.0.1.4 should have good results now.

Change log

V0.1.4 beta
Enhancements
- Modified yet again the transformation logic in hopes to remove the weird bulge that results from transformation between drasitcally different shapes such as anyone to Honoka and Marie

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.