[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (08/07/16 - Transformer 0.3.1 & Valentine Breakable) (1 Viewer)

timmyc

Content Creator
Out of curiosity, I pasted the little skin piece where mole is from Harry's Naotora model to my Leifang->Naotora(Sf30) transformed HDM model's chest with a little adjustment so that it fits.
Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix_02.png
Along the way, i found a few issues with the existing HDM models such as the nail corruption that happens very often after editing a model in Blender
Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix_01.png

Another interesting issue I found is the neck connection of HDM models that appear a little bit off.
For instance, Leifang's HDM 3.6 neck is as follows
HDM_NeckIssue.jpg
Which carries over to Naotora after transformation
Naotora_neck_issue_from_HDM.jpg

And the mole that I pasted on looks okay for the most part except when she gets dirty lol
Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (1).jpg

More screenies - I do hope that i pasted the mole onto the right spot :bush:
Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (2).jpg Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (3).jpg Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (5).jpg Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (6).jpg Naotora_HDM_Timmy_fix (7).jpg

HDM V3.6 Leifang->Naotora transformation @SF30 with pasted on mole can be downloaded here.
NAOTORA_NUDE_TIMMY_HDM.zip

I am not sure who the original author of the this HDM model is but I think credits are listed in Holden's thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4586...arry-palmers-work-updated-10715/#entry1146727

timmyc

Content Creator
I've seen some people ask for updated dat file for archive tool and DLC tool for use with the latest game version and DLC packs. I've uploaded it here

The latest dat file for use with Archive Tool from the link above that can open and extract/swap the latest DLC contents can be found here http://www.mediafire...lr_04_01_16.zip

I've also updated my tool post here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (04/04/16 - converter 0.4.7 & transformer 0.2.8) | Page 9 | Undertow, so people can find it more easily.

timmyc

Content Creator
Thanks to a bug report from HalfNorth on 3DM site, I found and fixed a bug in my converter tool in regards to neck ring back-up and restoration code. I've also taken a bit of time to add more support to other characters which I will detail in the following update log.

Converter tool update version 0.4.8

Short Version:
Change log
V0.4.8
- Fixed an error in the neck ring back-up and restoration logic
- Added preliminary support to correct male cast neck rings

Long Version:
There's an error in the logic that backs up and restores neck ring in that it looks for the top 66 vertices in a little bounding box I defined on the model around the neck area. This works well for the most part, but there are costumes that are mostly clothes without much neck skin at all which cause error during normal vector recomputation.

Mila DLCU004 is one good example
timmy_converter_V0_4_8_01.png
The issue is that the tool tries to find the top 66 skin vertex normals to back-up and then restore after normal vectors are recalculated. This does not work for costumes like this one since there are fewer than 66 skin vertices in the bounding box I defined. As such, I implemented a fix to take either 66 or the max amount of skin vertices the tool can find in the little box to avoid this error.
timmy_converter_V0_4_8_02.png

This is not an issue, however, if you also check "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices" functionality as having this checked disables neck ring normal beck-up and restoration during normal vector recomputation. Most of you probably have all three post processing functionalities checked and have not run into this problem.

All is well after the fix - no visible neck seam either with "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices" or without after normal vector recomputation and seam smoothing.
2016-04-13 17-13-45.jpg

I've also added preliminary support to correct male cast neck rings. Please note that these male models are from the available nude pack we have here on LL, and I have not thoroughly tested them. Raidou and Genfu are from my own nude mods.
timmy_converter_v0_4_8_03.png
Please note that the tool automatically selects the character based on your TMC file name, so it helps to have the correct character name in your TMC file.

As a gentle reminder - the recompute normal vector functionality if used without "automatically correct neck vertices.." backs up and restores the top three neck ring normal vectors after normal vector recomputation is complete, so the neck connection should be fine.

If, however, there are issues with this, you can use "automatically correct neck vertices.." (be sure to select the correct character) which will correct neck rings based on a set of reference models without the back-up and restoration of neck ring normal vectors.

Check the log message to see what the tool is doing
Neck ring auto back-up and restoration
timmy_converter_v0_4_6_02.png
No back-up and restoration
timmy_converter_v0_4_6_05.png

The updated tool can be found here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (04/04/16 - converter 0.4.7 & transformer 0.2.8)

timmyc

Content Creator
Spent some time on updating one of my earliest mods for nostalgia's sake http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46068-doa5lr-screenshots/?p=1238480
I remember I spent what felt like an eternity to roll her shirt up little by little with my ultra noobish 3d modeling skillz back then, lol.

marie_gym_update_01.png

Slightly bigger and rounder boobs, less clipping and more angry dicks :bush:

I feel my mod making skillz are outdated, lol. There are too many awesome talents on LL now
biggrin.png

timmyc

Content Creator
I have received a few modding questions in regards to the normal map and its function (the blue map). It seems that the way the thing works is still largely a mystery to some people. After reading Harry's tutorial http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59983-doa5lr-body-mesh-editing-tips/?p=1513093 here, I see why some times normal maps can have no desired effect if the tangent values are damaged in the process.

Today I bring you an update to my converter with one new post process functionality - recompute tangent vectors!

Short version:
Change log
V0.4.9
- Added preliminary support to recalculate tangents for accurate normal mapping. This is useful in restoring tangents that can be destroyed in certain processes

Long version:
I am sure most of you are familiar by now in order to get the most desirable effects from your mods, in addition to replacing the texture with the style to your liking (bushy, shaved etc), the normal map must also be updated in order to complete the package.

The normal map looks like the texture shown in the screen capture below:
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_00.png

What does it do exactly? It creates an illusion of "bumpiness" on otherwise flat surfaces by tricking the lighting/shading that there is some thing there when in fact it's all flat. It's a cheap way of adding more details to geometries in the computer graphics world and it works very well in most cases.

However, in order for the normal maps to function the way they are designed, each vertex must contain an important information called "tangent." (together with normal vector, binormal can be derived) It is independent of the model space with its own coordinate system (that is in line with the 2D texture UV space) so normal maps can be reused on other models.

Here's a good read if you want to know a little bit more about this Tangent Space Normal Mapping - Technical Documentation - Documentation

It's come to my attention that editing models in Blender not only can potentially destroy normal vectors but also tangent vectors! This can be a huge problem to those that love the flexibility Blender scripts provide. Although I have never run into such issues since I don't edit stuff in Blender (still can't figure out how to use it, lol). My converter is able to recover broken normal vectors and now it's one step closer to completion with the added ability to recover tangent vectors
biggrin.png

A new control shown in the below screen capture has been added to recalculate tangent vectors
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_01.png

I have also changed the naming of buttons in hopes to make them less confusing. I'd like to emphasize that any of the post processing functionalities can be used independent of any TMC<->OBJ functionalities. The buttons now read "INJECT INTO TMC" and "EXPORT TO OBJ"
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_02.png

New control has a detailed tooltip to help you understand what it does
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_03.png

Let's check out some of the benefits recalculating tangent vectors can provide:
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_04.png
Take my xmas in july "Jingle All the Way" Nyotengu for example, the neck area used to look a bit messed up in Noesis. After recalculating tangent vectors, the area is smooth again. I imagine the original mod has a different normal map that work with different tangents. After updating them, all is well
biggrin.png

Having correct tangents can also give slightly more details to your models to achieve accurate lighting and shading similar to the benefits of having correct normal vectors:
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_05.png

Neck area shading correction
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_06.png

Full body view
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_07.png

Sensitive parts also benefit - with most of nude textures available on LL site, most normal maps provided have very detailed "bumps" for the lady parts :bush:
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_08.png

Here's what those "bumps" look like in-game
biggrin.png

timmy_converter_v0_4_9_09.png
To my surprise, most of the nude models benefit from updated tangent vectors and the most apparent changes appear in this area :bush:

More examples of added details with recompute tangent vectors:
timmy_converter_v0_4_9_10.png

It can also fix noobery by Tecmo
biggrin.png

timmy_converter_v0_4_9_11.png

More juicy bumps :bush:
2016-04-24 18-10-27.jpg

Updated tool can be downloaded here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (04/13/16 - converter 0.4.8 & transformer 0.2.8)

Last edited:

SkullsKnights

Potential Patron
It's time for the big four point zero update for my now (aging badly) Advanced Converter tool.

After having been through the struggle with the transformer, I've come away with a lot of interesting lessons that I can leverage to make my converter tool a little better. Today I am presenting my fruits of labor - Timmy's Advance Converter V0.4.0

I pushed out an update just a few days ago, but that was more of a house keeping release to clean-up useless stuff and to add a much requested "Drag and Drop" feature that seems popular among modding circles. Being new to this game modding circle, I had no idea it was very high demand feature. Now that's added and done, I have shifted my attention to adding enhancements to the tool.

First of all, you will most likely (I hope) notice the rearranged user interface.
View attachment 46928
I have put things together in groups that make logical sense. The "TMC Post Process" group of controls can be used without having to load an OBJ file.

The usual conversion stuff still applies - the tool can deal with UV, normal vectors and vertex positions.
Here's UV1 and UV4 in 3ds max. Note that the model is very smooth in the editor because my tool can import and export normal vectors.
View attachment 46930 View attachment 46931
One of the biggest problems with the tool before was the inability to edit objects that have been transformed. Meaning that the object actually sits at the origin, but their position in game is transformed via a matrix. Here's an example of such object - the infamous bikini ribbon
View attachment 46932
The model on the left is imported using V0.3.9d, as you can see, the ribbon is not at its actual location as seen in the game, but rather, at the origin. The model on the right is imported using the new version, and the in-game position is now reflected.

Now it is not going to do you much good if all you can do is look at it right? I've made sure that the changes you make in your editor can be imported back into TMC. We used to have to rely on Harry's Reset Object Rotation tool, but it is no longer necessary with 0.4.0.
View attachment 46935
Once the change has been made in your editor of choice - export the model
View attachment 46934
You can drag and drop the OBJ file onto the tool window and hit IMPORT
View attachment 46933
Now the ribbon is where you want it.

The little ribbon's UV can be examined in the editor as well
View attachment 46929

The new "Auto Correct Neck Vertices for" control set is for fixing neck rings that can result from using my recompute normal vector functionality, or it can be from your editor. Sometimes if normals are not imported correctly, the model ends up looking like this upon export
View attachment 46927
Now the recompute NV and seam smoothing can fix it up as I've described here [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/12/16 - transformer 0.1.6 &converter 0.3.9d)) | Page 6 | Undertow

Now there's a new setting to automatically correct neck seam issues for most models
View attachment 46936
To use it, enable it and select the correct mesh group.
Be very certain to uncheck "Copy Vector Positions" if no OBJ has been loaded, otherwise you will see an error
View attachment 46937 View attachment 46938

Here are some comparison shots
View attachment 46939 View attachment 46940 View attachment 46941

I hope this makes it easier for modders who like to use a different editing software other than Blender (blender already has a very complete suite of tools by Mr. Dotouku) such as 3ds max

Update: There's no need to convert TMC to OBJ if you just want to use the "TMC Post Process" functionalities to repair broken normals, seams and/or neck seams. Anyone can try to repair neck seam now with a click of a button. Please note that the neck seam repair is not complete until the skin mtr col is set, and the proper texture is swapped in.

Link to the original tool post [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (02/12/16 - transformer 0.1.6 &converter 0.3.9d)) | Page 2 | Undertow
hello timmy, so i downloaded the doa5lr tmc/obj conversion and post processing tool and used the parts of neck vertices and smooth seam
and i still cant get the line to be off from the ayane costume.
2016_07_04_05_43_59_by_skull231-da8twdi.jpg

how can i have the lines off ?

timmyc

Content Creator
hello timmy, so i downloaded the doa5lr tmc/obj conversion and post processing tool and used the parts of neck vertices and smooth seam

You should first try to "correct neck vertices" using my converter tool, but it looks to me that the neck is connected. It seems the skin texture and/or skin mtrcol don't match up. You should use Harry's skin mtr col tool (its included in my transformer under "tools" folder) here http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1344295. As for texture, you should use the texture tool to swap out her skin texture with the correct one and then line should go away.

The material for the body seems off compared to her face though. It seems much shinier. Perhaps the body model is inserted into a non-skin slot?

SkullsKnights

Potential Patron
You should first try to "correct neck vertices" using my converter tool, but it looks to me that the neck is connected. It seems the skin texture and/or skin mtrcol don't match up. You should use Harry's skin mtr col tool (its included in my transformer under "tools" folder) here http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1344295. As for texture, you should use the texture tool to swap out her skin texture with the correct one and then line should go away.

The material for the body seems off compared to her face though. It seems much shinier. Perhaps the body model is inserted into a non-skin slot?
thanks for the reply, ill try the link you gave me and see if that would fix it.

timmyc

Content Creator
Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
Messed a little bit with the motion data for the very first time since I am totally inspired by the work Harry's been doing. Thanks to Harry Palmer for such an awesome discovery.

It's a super rough attempt since I am an extreme amateur when it comes to editing motion data and camera stuff, but I think it's not so bad as a first attempt.

I find this outfit I made for Marie extremely fitting for such a dance though, if I do say so myself :bush: Aside from the complete lack of any pole and the fact that she not only can walk on water, she can dance on it too, lol, it is very angry dick inducing
Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (1).jpg Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (2).jpg Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (3).jpg Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (4).jpg Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (5).jpg Marie_PoleDancing_betterangles (6).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (1).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (2).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (3).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (4).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (5).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (6).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (7).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (8).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (9).jpg MariePoleDancing_RoughAttempt (10).jpg

Video of this in action
Marie_PoleDancing_hotangles.mp4

timmyc

Content Creator

My latest transformer update does all the skin mtrcol and texture replacement for you automatically. You can give it a shot. It may solve your issue with the neck seam.

SkullsKnights

Potential Patron
My latest transformer update does all the skin mtrcol and texture replacement for you automatically. You can give it a shot. It may solve your issue with the neck seam.
i tried the new update to your tool and it did the work, it looks a lot better to.
2016_07_14_02_21_03_by_skull231-daa283l.jpg

also, i wanted to ask, will there a update where we can fix the male charaters as well ? like i took the squall costume from akira to hyate and it had the neck seem showing, how can i have that not show up ?

Last edited:

timmyc

Content Creator
i tried the new update to your tool and it did the work, it looks a lot better to.
also, i wanted to ask, will there a update where we can fix the male charaters as well ? like i took the squall costume from akira to hyate and it had the neck seem showing, how can i have that not show up ?

That's cool. I've tried to add some preliminary support to neck fixing in my converter tool [DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools (07/13/16 - Transformer updated to 0.3.1 & hot dance) for male cast. You can give it a shot, but I am not sure how well it works :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.