LemSeed's Cock Dialogue (Horse & Canine) (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
on export I'm seeing two instances listed in the Loader tab for color sliders, one for the properly named Canine and an extra that is a global (changes color of whole swf) of the swf, which is named by the filename...any insight? Can that be hidden?
That sounds like @sby's autohueregV2 mod.

autohueregV2 is a thorough and persistent mod. It catches everything. I don't know of any way for a particular mod to "opt out" of automatic hue registration.

It doesn't seem like a major problem to me. All users will have hue control over the bit that you've explicitly designated. Some users (i.e. those who have installed sby's mod) will have additional hue control. If they choose to color the whole thing yellow, then that's their problem :)

Also, in this glitch I noticed that the prior loader-tab listings from that mod are not unloaded when a new one is loaded that over-writes it.
Yeah, that's a bit untidy. I can't see a quick solution, though. We could add a mutex (to stop people from loading several copies of the penis-replacement mod consecutively -- and thereby generating several entries on the Loader tab). But doing so would also prevent someone from loading the horse penis ... then the dog ... then the horse ... etc.

It sounds silly, but someone might actually try to do so (transformation scenario, maybe?). I'd probably just leave it as-is, but you're welcome to investigate the issue in greater detail and test out some possible solutions.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
stuntcock stuntcock Thanks again for your help and guidance :) it's almost done, just making some minor color-matching tweaks....

but I'm wondering if there is a way that "cockmeat" can be *excluded* from His HSL?
I'm finding that changing His values ends up interfering with the efficacy of the RGB loader sliders.
(I.e. If you desaturate His values, the penis inherits this and thus makes it virtually impossible to have a "cockmeat" in a regular saturation range by way of the RGBs.)

stuntcock

Content Creator
but I'm wondering if there is a way that "cockmeat" can be *excluded* from His HSL?
Direct exclusion would be fairly straightforward; it would mean moving the object onto a different layer (such as clothing) which isn't covered by the "His Skin" HSL slider. Unfortunately, this change would have some undesirable side-effects for visual layering and gameplay interactions. The penis would appear out-of-place and the mouth might not work with it properly.

Instead, we should probably attempt to nullify the His Skin HSL effect. Whenever a skin HSL change is made, we would apply an inverse matrix to the the relevant element (i.e. shaft) and then apply the desired HSL shift (e.g. bright purple, bright yellow) on top of that - as an additional matrix multiplication step.

The scripting probably won't be too difficult. The tricky bit is removal. We need to ensure that the effect gets disabled when the user switches to a different penis, or when the game performs a Reset, or when a new penis-replacement or male-replacement mod is loaded, or when a second copy of this mod is loaded, etc... The first version will probably include a few bugs (due to "scenarios that we didn't test" or "things that we were too lazy to fix").

I'll send you a code snippet later this evening.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
...we should probably attempt to nullify the His Skin HSL effect. Whenever a skin HSL change is made, we would apply an inverse matrix to the the relevant element (i.e. shaft) and then apply the desired HSL shift (e.g. bright purple, bright yellow) on top of that - as an additional matrix multiplication step.

The scripting probably won't be too difficult. The tricky bit is removal.... The first version will probably include a few bugs (due to "scenarios that we didn't test" or "things that we were too lazy to fix").

I'll send you a code snippet later this evening.

That's basically what I was hoping for scripting-wise, but I didn't expect that you would need to use the inverse to do it!! That's kinda silly! Kona.... >_<

I'll be sure to rigorously test this ;)
No rush thugh, I've started working on a slight revision for RHC now that I don't have to work around eclipsing the original penis shape.

EDIT: Wait, stuntcock stuntcock I re-read what you wrote. I am not sure why there would be a second HSL shift besides the first matrix? The loader tab's color sliders would work as desired after the inverse was applied; is that not correct?

Last edited:

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Hey stuntcock stuntcock , I have a few questions/abstract inquiries for you if you have a few moments...

1. Is it possible to duplicate the RGB slider control so that I may have 2 or more definable channels for different color patternings? Say, cockmeat1, cockmeat2 etc.

2. It has been requested that I create an RGB version of the human penis(es) also, and I have a request for a dragonspecies as well...So it is starting to look like a big wing of cocks down the line, and I want to think about containment. Is something like, say mike/faceless's Slob/Fatty All in one mod, possible/feasible? With 4 mods it would probably start to be pretty big for a mod, I think I need to optimize them better. Or, conversely...do I continue my individual mods....make the user figure out how they want to use them? this leads me to number...

3. the human RGB penis(es), standalone, would potentially replace the other penis A (&b) instead of Strapon(p3), and furthermore any others would stay bound to p3, even other kinds of human mods I may make. this is because these first ones will be ripped from the A (& B) art, but ones in the future would not. But I don't know if I want to follow this pattern. Something in me is trying to account for the possibilities like someone is wanting to create an environment where they have maybe only One human penis and the other two are something else maybe even all 3, and that is their main shtick. Would I have to make three different versions of each release for each penisType it is replacing?

Thanks,

Happy holidays!

stuntcock

Content Creator
1. Is it possible to duplicate the RGB slider control so that I may have 2 or more definable channels for different color patternings? Say, cockmeat1, cockmeat2 etc.
Yes. Take a look at the AS3 scripting; you'll notice the following function call:

Code:
loader.registerForHueShift("Canine Cock", newpenis.cockmeat);

You'd need to draw some new elements (or split the existing artwork into 2+ separate sprites) and then assign names to the shape instances such as "cockmeat", "shaft", veins" or whatever. You'd then expand the existing function call to include several similar calls. While doing so, you'd need to assign a user-friendly name for each HSL-shiftable element.

Code:
loader.registerForHueShift("Canine Cock", newpenis.cockmeat);
loader.registerForHueShift("Cock Shaft", newpenis.shaft);
loader.registerForHueShift("Bulging Venis", newpenis.veins);
loader.registerForHueShift("Mysterious Spiky Bits", newpenis.blahblahblah);

All in one mod, possible/feasible?
Using the current approach? No. Using a revised approach? Yes.

We can add many new penis types to the end of the list. Let's imagine that #7 is the Dragon cock. The roadblock for us is that the game is constantly saving its state. When the user switches to Dragon via the selector button, that choice is written to the local SOL file.

If the user immediately shuts down the game and reopens it, then the game will attempt to activate penis #7. Penis #7 doesn't exist in the base game, of course. The code will throw an IndexOutOfBounds exception, the normal game-loop will misbehave, and the game will become unplayable. It is fairly difficult to recover from this error.

-------------------​

We can work around this problem by overriding the SOL-writing behavior. Whenever the game attempts to generate a charcode which contains an invalid setting (such as Penis=7), we'd splice in the maximum safe value (Penis=3) instead. Or maybe just the default (Penis=0) for simplicity.

The obvious problem here is that you'd be unable to ever Save a character with a non-human penis (more accurately: you'd be able to save, but they'd always revert to human-penis when loaded). You'll be able to activate a non-human penis via advanced DialogueActions scripting (by loading an unsafe charcode which mentions "Penis=7") but doing so would carry the risk of crashing the game as described above. Also, you won't know whether Penis=7 will actually refer to the dragon penis; a subsequent version of your all-in-one modpack might rearrange the numbering scheme and therefore fuck up any pre-existing dialogues. That's kinda shitty and unreliable.

-------------------​

Therefore, I'll plan to proxy out and replace some the penis-loading code. If a non-standard penis is active then we'll use an arbitrary value (such as 0) when generating the charcode, and then append a new text field (such as "CustomPenis:Dragon"). If the new code notices the new field while loading a charcode, then it will ignore the actual Penis field in favor of the CustomPenis field. If the charcode specifies a type which doesn't exist (e.g. "CustomPenis:Fish") then it will just fail and spit out a warning message, without actually throwing an exception.

For now, I'd suggest that you proceed with whatever you're currently doing (e.g. tracing dragon shapes or whatever). When you've reached a comfortable stopping point, send me up-to-date copies of each FLA file. I'll try to merge them together and splice in the new AS3 code. Once that's done, I'll send it back to you and we can (hopefully) use it as the basis for any further modding work.

With 4 mods it would probably start to be pretty big for a mod, I think I need to optimize them better. Or, conversely...do I continue my individual mods....make the user figure out how they want to use them?
I'll look into it. We can hopefully come up with a "compile switch" which allows you to maintain a single FLA source file and then publish either an all-in-one (which is suitable for $INIT$ loading) or a specific standalone mod (which would be more convenient for character-folder setups) without making any significant changes to the scripting.

Would I have to make three different versions of each release for each penisType it is replacing?
I don't think that you need to even think of these as "replacements" unless you want to alter the artwork. If you're just trying to add HSL shifting capability then a few calls to loader.registerForHueShift(...) would suffice. You wouldn't even need to "rip" @Konashion's penis sprites or include them into your FLA file. It would be a few additional lines of ActionScript code, which you could include in your all-in-one file and/or distribute as a separate Loader mod.

I'd suggest incorporating the whole thing into one SWF file. By default, the SWF would apply HSL shifting capability to both of the human penis types. If someone doesn't want to see any HSL changes for Penis B, then they could simply abstain from using the "Penis B" HSL slider. If some other modder replaces the Penis#2 with something else (e.g. fish dick) then the "Penis B" HSL slider would simply become irrelevant (kinda like how the RGB slider for the strap-on becomes irrelevant after someone loads your Horse or Canine mods).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.