LemSeed's Cock Dialogue (Horse & Canine) (2 Viewers)

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
*Update 5-04-16: This thread will only be used for reference & study purposes.
Please Click here to get at my penis mods on my Loader Mod thread :)

*Updated 4-29-16 with new FLA....
Obsolete, but I keep eet. You click, you see! @,~@,

Hi there. Trying my hand at modding finally after so many years of lurking... always wanted to be able to contribute but truth is I am a perfectionist! Y'all have raised the bar so many times by now though that it's really worth it to get some work in to this lovely gem of a game.

I am working on a penis mod, and it must meet a few requirements for my enjoyment:
-[X]- it must be skin-tone compatible (female skin-tones too) (keyframe method, fills complete)
-[X]- it must be of a certain fidelity, erring on the side of realism (complete, the saliva layer is)
-[X]- it must function cleanly with original cocks.
:D

I started with the original horse-cock created by @Johnora and later expanded upon by @greennezumi. They are great community pieces but they have issues aesthetically and mechanically. I will be following g.e.'s footsteps with further species once I complete this, and later attempting to bring them from HisPenis to HerPenis for full proliferation.

for those whose loader modding skills are all statted out by now, I need some help at this point finishing up my work. I am attaching the FLA i am working in for the moment so that those interested can see what I have so far and point me in the directions I need to wrap it up in a neat little hefty bow ;)

thanks!

p.s. I am not exactly sure about how flash uses resources inside docs, published or otherwise, so if this file looks odd I am positive it might just be because of the large resolution I started in.

Basically all the scripting still needs to be done to get it in-game, and I'm hoping a brave soul out there will help me bring this into the world in its true proper form. I've tried looking at the ThickerAssnThighs fla, but unfortunately that fla wont publish to a useable swf even untouched. So I can't get this in the air without a hand :) Thanks to stuntcock I can finish this project. I am working on the final bits, it will be out shortly! So excite ~

*Update 5-04-16: See top header for release details

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
p.s. I am not exactly sure about how flash uses resources inside docs, published or otherwise, so if this file looks odd I am positive it might just be because of the large resolution I started in.
The large file size is due to auto-tracing. The artwork includes an absurdly high number of anchor points (aka vertices). In 3d modeling terms: your mesh has too many polygons. It won't be usable in-game.

QFn0DLS.png

You can try to auto-trace again with more tolerant/lazy settings ... or you can manually cull most of the anchor points. Manual culling would mean keeping a few anchors (at the "corners" and major inflection points) which will drastically simplify your artwork -- you'll lose most of the detail. You would then re-establish the detail by fiddling with the Bezier handles on your remaining anchor points.

Here's an example to illustrate the basic approach (don't read the rest of that thread; it's a trainwreck)

Since you don't actually want to LOSE the details which you've carefully drawn, the idea is that you'd begin by duplicating each of your existing layers. You'd keep the old (high anchor-count) layer as a visual reference, cull the detail out of the new layer, adjust the handles on the new layer until it closely resembles the old one, and then (once you're happy with the new shape), delete the old layer. When you're finished, the FLA file should be under 1 MB.

It gets a bit more tricky when we consider shared edges (and borders) between different layers. If each layer is culled independently, then we might end up with minor gaps or seams. An experienced Flash modder could apply some clever shortcuts here, but they probably won't want to deal with your FLA file in its current state. Squeeze the filesize down a bit and you'll find it easier to attract collaborators.

Alternatively ... you could forget about the whole "vectorization" thing and just embed the original raster images in your FLA (and thus - in your SWF). It's not the best approach if you're committed to actually learning Flash animation and modding techniques, but it's the quickest and easiest way to get your first mod out of the door.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
The large file size is due to auto-tracing. The artwork includes an absurdly high number of anchor points (aka vertices). In 3d modeling terms: your mesh has too many polygons. It won't be usable in-game.

OH oh okay. Of course. Silly, absurd me. Thank you so much for having a look and drawing that out for me. Lol'd at the thread, but really great tips and shortcuts (!)

Alternatively ... you could forget about the whole "vectorization" thing and just embed the original raster images in your FLA (and thus - in your SWF). It's not the best approach if you're committed to actually learning Flash animation and modding techniques, but it's the quickest and easiest way to get your first mod out of the door.
I am really down to learn the whole lot of this. I understand there is some documentation, I have gone over it a bit, though not exhaustively. There is a bit more I have to learn than can be found inside said doc. I figured it would be easier for me to learn by giving myself a crash course with some content made to start with the goal of bringing it in, but what I really need are clean examples or responsive, intelligent folks like yourself for cross-referencing what I'm doing. or some thorough pointing-out-the-obvious as you have so masterfully presented. I am for sure still relearning flash... I took a class once...but that was in 11th grade...almost 10 years ago :) So thanks, again. It's all coming back bit by bit. :P

also, once I have cleaned this up...how do I arrange the stage for using the different body tones as keyframes? I am sure there must be a certain sequence, layering/naming, etc.

stuntcock

Content Creator
also, once I have cleaned this up...how do I arrange the stage for using the different body tones as keyframes? I am sure there must be a certain sequence, layering/naming, etc.
You can find a working example here (there's a link to the FLA file in the description). This mod pertains to the girl's body and it can therefore rely heavily on the vanilla template system, with a bit of custom ActionScript code to improve inter-mod compatibility. Your mod deals with the male body and it will therefore need more custom scripting, but we can reuse some of the girl code to save time. All of the basic stuff (in terms of "getting the new penis to appear") is provided by @Faceless' template, so you should at least be able to test your custom penis in-game without buying an AS3 textbook.

In the Thick Thighs FLA file, you'll notice that each actual skin tone is defined by a linear gradient (brighter on the ventral side of the thigh; darker on the dorsal side). It could have been a single solid-color fill for each skin tone (e.g. Dark Skin = #85583A), with a linear shading gradient layered on top ... but IIRC we merged the layers for the sake of performance. More layers means fewer FPS.

The actual implementation is at your artistic discretion, of course. The Thick Thighs mod sought to retain the original skin tones and shading, while changing only the outline. You might attempt to closely match the penis to the skin colors of the SDT male character, or you might deliberately mismatch them (more reddish/brownish/mottled/whatever) to make the penis seem more distinct, bestial, chimerical, etc... Or you could attempt to match it to the skin/fur color of an existing male bodymod - such as a minotaur or satyr. I will suggest that you try to match the outline thickness of the original penis, because a significantly thicker (or thinner) outline will clash with the overall art style of the game. Of course, such matching will apply only to the default-size penis. If someone abuses the slider to create a six-foot horsecock then the penis outline will inevitably become too thick.

A few "magic words" are visible in the Thick Thighs FLA. The symbol instances are given names such as "rightThigh" and the keyframes are assigned labels such as "pale" and "dark". You don't strictly need to follow the keyframe-naming convention, since we'll be writing custom ActionScript code (and we can therefore compensate for any weird names that we assign) ... but it's a good idea to follow convention anyways.

There's a secondary set of keyframes within the Thick Thighs FLA File, relating to tan options (such as Bikini Tan, Full Body Tan, etc). You can ignore these completely, because the male character doesn't get tanlines.

If the shapes seem nonsensical ("why are we using big monochrome squares as RGBFill objects?") then we'll need to dig into the topic of Masks. They'll become relevant when we want to put a saliva sheen onto the penis, but there's no need to deal with that subject immediately. It can wait.

P.S. You don't need to write any ActionScript on your own. If you find the experience frustrating or overwhelming, then you can hand-off the FLA file to a veteran modder will can take care of the final "SDT loading and integration" stuff. I haven't done so yet because the vector artwork in your FLA still needs refinement (or replacement with the original rasters), and because it seemed like you wanted to take a shot at scripting it yourself. Please remember that artwork tends to be the limiting resource for SDT modding projects. I'd hate to see a talented artist burn themselves out by attempting a difficult (and poorly-documented) coding task, when we have a bunch of experienced coders sitting idle.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Okay! Here is my next update. Everything has been redrawn as vectors. Definitely took me several sessions to get the level of detail right and then to trial-n-error gradient fills to match SDT's artstyle...but I learned a lot about simulating light so that's neat, and now I am ready to make the other skin rgbfills when it's time those have been completed too. I now understand why the artwork tends to be the limiting resource!

This should be cut and dry enough to compile an import, but I wanted to pass it off first rather than take a stab myself because, as you said stuntcock stuntcock there is no point in burning myself out. From where this FLA is right now, I tried to make everything *look* like it's properly arranged, named, and layered similarly to Thicker Thighs as best I can see. Beyond that I could not wrap my head around how much I needed to cut/copy/paste/change settings-wise into the AS3 :( So I still need your help dear modder(s)!

I updated the OP with the new FLA and a preview :D

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Beyond that I could not wrap my head around how much I needed to cut/copy/paste/change settings-wise into the AS3
No problem; that's where the senior modders are supposed to step in. You can't really solve such problems by "reasoning from first principles" because you need to integrate your code with a lot of weird compromises and workarounds which exist in the SDT codebase.

SDT-horsePenis-AlphaOne-preview.jpg

I've implemented the new penis type as a replacement for the Strapon. Because of how SDT saves character codes, it's dangerous to simply add a new penis type to the list; replacing a penis type is much safer. Loading the horse mod will cause the new penis type to be immediately activated, but you can switch back to the others (Penis A, Penis B) during gameplay.

The new penis fits onto the HIM character (the standing one) only. Switching HIM to a futanari is no problem, but if we want the horse penis to appear between the legs of the HER (kneeling) character then we'll need to put in a bit more work. It's mostly just a matter of mirror-flipping the penis sprite, but IIRC the origin point also needs to be adjusted. We'd also need some additional AS3 work to get the skin-tone stuff working for HER.

The horse penis currently lacks custom sprites for a saliva coating, and for smeared lipstick. Because the general shape of the horse penis is similar to that of the standard penis, the game will simply reuse the standard saliva/lipstick sprites. It isn't a perfect fit, but it's close enough that few people are likely to notice or complain. If you want to setup custom shapes then it's pretty easy to do so. I could have done it myself (it's a straightforward application of Masks) but I stuck to "coding" tasks just in case you'd prefer to tackle all of the graphical stuff on your own.

The horse penis will currently be removed when the RESET button is used (it can be re-loaded afterwards). If you're prefer for it to survive then we could modify the code.

I removed most of the code and structure which were imported from the Thick Thighs mod, because it wasn't fully applicable here and it would only cause confusion during future AS3 work. The Thick Thighs mod was organized as a "vanilla import plus some Loader scripting", but the horse penis mod is a "pure" Loader mod. It can't be used at all in the vanilla game.

I've attached the FLA. I didn't include a usable SWF file because it's your project; you get to decide when and how to publish it. Your earlier publishing difficulties were related to the Thick Thighs stuff. You should be able to publish the revised FLA file as-is, test it in game, adjust the artwork or code (if you want to), re-publish, and release the file when you're satisfied with it. Of course, if you encounter an error then just say so and I'll look into it.

I'd recommend publishing it with the MOD file extension rather than the default SWF extension, and I'd suggest using the Downloads feature instead of just attaching the file to your thread. MOD prevents vanilla users from attempting to load your file (and then getting confused when it doesn't work). The Downloads section increases the visibility of your file and enables some extra features (such as notifying people if/when you publish an update, and allowing them to Rate and Review your mod after trying it out).

Attachments

sdt-HorseCock-alphaOne_1a.fla
172.6 KB · Views: 578

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Thank you so much! Ok, so I got it to publish, renamed to mod and plugged it into moreClothing just alongside my line for Thicker Legs, which works and totally loads properly. The Horsecock however "functions" as described, but moreClothing still throws an error out on startup and fails to list it in the list box, yet when mC is done loading it snaps to Horse in the scene and continues functioning. I am really loving seeing Horse in the penis type area, though! So official-feeling to see that after years of swf cock replacements.

What are your thoughts on this? How can I better tweak this to be more compatible with mC? Is it because of the push implementation coupled with the lack of coding for mC initialization handling like Thicker Legs has?

Also, how do I go about editing the saliva and lipstick graphics/masks, if and when I am so inclined?

Also wik: I am not sure how to use the debugger to obtain the coveted stack trace. I think I should learn how to use it properly but I am unsure where to start. Not sure what it is exactly, like a dumped text file? or a feed in the projector directly? No idea. Nor do I understand which version to use, can you shed any light on this one?

Thanks again, you're my hero :)

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
What are your thoughts on this? How can I better tweak this to be more compatible with mC? Is it because of the push implementation coupled with the lack of coding for mC initialization handling like Thicker Legs has?
More-or-less. MoreClothing uses the built-in SDT template system (tops, bras, shoes, etc), so it doesn't "recognize" penis replacements (for either character) as a valid mod type.

We probably could get the mod to load via moreClothing (by spoofing the modtype and suppressing some of the errors), but it would be much simpler to just add the horse mod to your $INIT$ folder (and mention it in your $INIT$\mods.txt file). It will then be available during all of your gameplay sessions. It will be active by default, but you can assign a CharCode to various girls which will cause the regular human penis to appear (in case there are specific girls who aren't supposed to be paired with Mr Horsecock). You can also use load a partial CharCode via advanced dialog triggers, which will switch to/from the horse penis at appropriate moments.

Alternatively ... we could just add a Settings file to the mod. Users could then specify a config value (ShowHorseCockWhenModLoads = true/false). We'd presumably default it to True, so that someone who downloads the mod and runs it as-is will immediately see the expected change. Meanwhile, an advanced user could do the $INIT$+config stuff so that the horse option is always available but doesn't appear until it's activated via the GUI.

Also, how do I go about editing the saliva and lipstick graphics/masks, if and when I am so inclined?
I'll poke around at the AS3 code and send over a revised version of the FLA. It will use goofy placeholder shapes for those two elements, but you'll be able to adjust their size+shape+color+transparency and then release (or re-release) the file when you're happy with the results.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
I'll poke around at the AS3 code and send over a revised version of the FLA.

Awesome, thanks! Will that have the original saliva pattern in it to work with?

I think I would prefer the simpler route with the settings file for accessibility. So that means I would package the mod in a zip with the txt file, and that would only say that one line,
ShowHorseCockWhenModLoads=true
as far as formatting goes?

Another question for something down the line: How feasible would it be to set something up where instead of strapon being replaced by Horse, it would say something like "Alternative"/"Custom" and there would be a new list box selector where multiple replacer .mod files could be called and applied? This would be so great if this were possible to keep them all organized and out of the way.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I think I would prefer the simpler route with the settings file for accessibility. So that means I would package the mod in a zip with the txt file, and that would only say that one line,
ShowHorseCockWhenModLoads=true
as far as formatting goes?
Yes. That's the "professional" option.

The "lazy" option would be to release the MOD file on its own, trusting that most users will simply load it on-demand (via the "Swf Mod..." button, at the moment when they want a horsecock to appear on-screen). Each Download entry has a FAQ subpage (example), so you could use your FAQ to mention the $INIT$ stuff, explain the default behavior, and tell people how to setup the optional Settings file. This would be useful for advanced users who might want a moreClothing-style gameplay experience -- in which the horse option is always available but never intrusive.

Another question for something down the line: How feasible would it be to set something up where instead of strapon being replaced by Horse, it would say something like "Alternative"/"Custom" and there would be a new list box selector where multiple replacer .mod files could be called and applied? This would be so great if this were possible to keep them all organized and out of the way.
Possible, but somewhat glitch-prone w/r/t charcode loading -- because we'd need to extend the charcode in order to specify which of the Alternative penis types we want.

We'd also need to revise the existing penis mods (such as Dante's creations) in order to work with the selector. Currently, they operate as a strict "replacement" for the original penis rather than a selectable option.

There's no strong reason not to add this feature, but there also doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it. I haven't seen many people call for the ability to swap out penises in the middle of a scene, and anyone who is setting up a custom scenario (e.g. cheerleader + werewolf) can simply include the custom penis SWF file within the appropriate Character Folder.

I'll think about it.

Awesome, thanks! Will that have the original saliva pattern in it to work with?
Yes, that's a good idea. It will mean less work for you -- you'll be able to simply shift or stretch the existing patterns instead of redrawing them from scratch.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
I understand there may not be a lot of vocal demand. It's all hairs and unreasonable clothing requests :). Looking a little deeper, there is a lopsidedness which bothers me that I'm willing to do something about.

I would love to inquire more about what kind of work it would take to bring the modularity of the standing character up an order of magnitude within the loader. To a point resembling what moreClothing brings...i.e. enabling shirt/pant imports, selecting heads, etc..

Personally, I'm a rather ADD user and I tend to build/modify characters all the time to suit my fickle tastes...while I am sort of currently re-organizing the way I am using it, I don't use many character folders of my own, preferring to explore the menu options to build outfits and scenes. Having the ability to do the same thing or similar to the male/futa would be amazing. I am interested in creating a lot of different content possibilities, even if it creates a bit of work for me and others :)

I would rather see this implemented and work to convert incompatible mods into components that fit into this. Regarding char codes though, I see the penis is specified by a number. Suppose then, as long as the char code says 2, can we create a new code tag like CustomPenis:Horse that can read the names that are defined elsewhere, like in a settings file for the replacement sub-loader? The (modified) char code would be have to be loaded after the replacement mod has been loaded.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I would love to inquire more about what kind of work it would take to bring the modularity of the standing character up an order of magnitude within the loader. To a point resembling what moreClothing brings...i.e. enabling shirt/pant imports, selecting heads, etc..
The short answer is: @Konashion anticipated that certain types of things would be swappable in-game, and he created the template system to accommodate them. Modders initially released their work as an SWF file which assigned parts to one or more template-based areas (shoes, pants, etc).

It was possible to extend the lists at runtime (when a SWF is imported by the user), using a technique which is somewhat similar to the approach that I used in your horse mod. Unfortunately, this approach involves Loader scripting. Therefore the resulting file wouldn't be usable in the vanilla game, and it also requires slightly more expertise to create the file.

@sby wrote some very clever code which could import vanilla mods at startup, and automatically inject them into the appropriate list(s).

This approach is not directly applicable to the penis mods because the various template items (T-Shirt, Bikini Bra, etc) are separate Sprites defined within the SDT.swf file. If we load another Sprite at runtime (e.g. something drawn by @dantethedarkprince) then it can be injected into the relevant memory structure (an array IIRC). By contrast, the penis options (Penis A, Penis B, Strapon) are keyframes within a single MovieClip. It is not possible to add new frames to an existing MovieClip at runtime.

There are potential workarounds, but the implementation gets somewhat tricky. And there are serious compatibility hazards. While writing the ActionScript for the horse mod, I managed to put the game into an unrecoverable crash state which could not be resolved by restarting it; I needed to manually tweak the SOL file in order to get it running again.

The SDT code assumes that a single penis MovieClip exists, and simply switches between frames when the user clicks the ◄► buttons. Penis replacement mods normally ignore this MovieClip object, and simply insert a new Sprite into the visual hierarchy on top of the normal penis. If the new penis is smaller than the default ones, then the mod must also hide the default penis in order to avoid graphical anomalies.

The current implementation of the horse mod is similar. It doesn't inject the horse sprite into the standard penis MovieClip (because that's impossible). It simply draws the horse sprite on top (as is standard) and then shows the horse sprite and hides the standard penis when the users chooses "Horse" in the selector. If the user chooses something else, then the show/hide operation is reversed.

We could extend this approach to use an "Alternate" option (as you suggested) instead of "Horse", and add a second selector to the GUI. As mentioned previously, this isn't very difficult. It does present some compatibility challenges, and it wouldn't achieve anything unless the existing penis mods were re-written (or ... the creator of the new penis-selector mod put in a lot of effort so that incoming penis mods would automatically get "captured" into the selector). Either way, it would require careful testing - and it's not clear that the demand for the feature is sufficient to justify the modding effort involved. I've still got a backlog of tracing work that I need to do, and a few hairstyle animations that I promised @Mineur weeks ago.

I don't use many character folders of my own
I didn't either, until I offered some very bad technical advice and @Faceless pointed out that there was a much simpler/safer solution by employing Character Folders. @Huitznahua's recent guide is also helpful in explaining how those folders work and how to set them up.

I understand that the moreClothing-style mix-and-match approach would be a better fit for your playstyle, but I can't promise anything. It might be prudent to experiment with the Character Folder stuff just in case the penis-selector mod never materializes. Now stop asking question so that I can actually do the FLA work that I promised you :)

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Thaaaaank you for hashing that out for me, so much.

My curiosity is stated for the moment, muahaha.

I so thoroughly appreciate it! May the gods bestow many favors upon you :)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've skipped the lipstick stuff because it's more complex than I initially thought. There's some hardcoding involving BitmapData which needs careful review. I'll revisit it later. There's a lipstick layer in the FLA but you should just ignore it for now.

---------------​

The settings file is in. If you create a file named sdt-HorseCock-settings.txt in the SDT Settings folder, and if it contains the following line:
Code:
showHorseCockOnLoad = 0
then the horse option will be added to the list but not immediately activated. Under any other conditions (e.g. settings file not found, settings file is empty, config entry in the settings file is misspelled) then the mod will revert to default behavior: the horse cock will appear immediately when the mod is loaded.

Of course, if the penis was set to "Strapon" before the mod was activated, then the horse cock will appear regardless of the config settings. Because the horse cock replaces the Strapon.

---------------​

The saliva stuff is in. The saliva sprite itself is assigned to a Mask -- a big black rectangle. You shouldn't move or resize the rectangle because it defines how much of the saliva sprite will be visible during gameplay (i.e. more of it becomes visible as the girl swallows more of the penis). Accidental movement or resizing of the rectangle (within the FLA) will alter the in-game "visibility rules" for the saliva layer.

You can hide the Mask object if it's interfering with your attempts to reshape the saliva sprite. If you're having trouble seeing the saliva object properly because of its semi-transparent nature, then you can click the "Show Layer as Outline" toggle and then you should find it much easier to discern the edges.

sdt-horsePenis-outline.png

Feel free to move, rotate, stretch, scribble over, and otherwise mess with the saliva sprite. It's an independent object, entirely separate from the "human penis" SDT saliva coating, so you can adjust it as much as you want (without causing any damage or disruption to the normal game).

Saliva is "portable" (or "preserved"). If the girl deepthroats the human penis, then pulls off, and you switch to the horse penis, the horse penis will show a saliva coating. We can change this if you want; my intent was simply to duplicate the vanilla behavior because I didn't have a strong reason to alter it.

Random observation: the "Clear Spit" button on the options menu doesn't actually remove the saliva coating from the penis. It removes only the spit strands. If you want the saliva coating to disappear (so that you can re-test with shallow penetration) then simply move the intro resistance slider. Whyyy?

Attachments

sdt-HorseCock-alphaOne_1b.fla
203.6 KB · Views: 392

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Horsecocks are so much hotter than human cocks! Thanks for making this awesome mod!
:wink:

Hey, stuntcock stuntcock I have a broad question for you about the loader template for him & maybe this might pertain to hers as well, but I'm looking to add certain visual elements that would collectively be described as pubic hair, but I am concerned about simply tacking it onto the penis mod or something like that because I don't want it to get distorted from the sliders, & hopefully be rgb...&potentially be applicable to her? :P ...this research is also going towards helping the furry movement. I'm not sure how yet, but I'm sure it will be. I would appreciate any insight :)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm looking to add certain visual elements that would collectively be described as pubic hair
It's fairly straightforward. Just draw it on a separate layer, decide how it should relate to the penis (in terms of z-ordering), and we'll deal with the scripting later on.

There's a pubic_hair.swf file in the Archive. You can decompile it to get a sense of how it's put together, but the actual artwork isn't terribly fancy. It's just a "rat's nest" of jumbled curves. And the scripting isn't ideal, because it draws the pubic hair onto the penis rather than the pelvis.

but I am concerned about simply tacking it onto the penis mod or something like that because I don't want it to get distorted from the sliders
Simple enough. Manually-injected sprites do not innately respond to color sliders; we must script them to do so. They will automatically respond to body-size sliders, but that's not much of a concern. We'll be injecting the pubic hair onto the "torso" element, so it won't grow abnormally large or small when the penis sliders are adjusted.

It's fairly easy to make the penis itself respond to the Skin HSL sliders ... while the pubic hair responds to Hair HSL sliders, or its own Loader-tab RGB sliders, or no sliders at all. You can see the "no sliders" approach used in Xteam's mods. He simply provides pubic hair mods in a variety of fixed colors, to cover the anticipated demand (blonde, brunette, etc).

Edit: the preceding description was inaccurate. Xteam's mods do respond to the skin sliders. It's possible to make them immune, but extra scripting is needed.

&potentially be applicable to her?
The Loader scripts for placing the pubic hair will be very similar for the two characters (whereas the custom penis itself was noticeably divergent, because of the extra gameplay-interact stuff for the Him version). Therefore the important thing is deciding how you'd like to present the options within the user interface (e.g. new sliders on the Loader tab, a hijacked RGB slider on the Scene tab, numeric adjustment of RGB values in a Settings.txt file, hotkey to swap between preset colors during gameplay, etc...)

Once you've made that choice, we can apply it to both characters without much difficulty.

P.S. You should also decide whether you want the pubic hair to be eligible for Alpha adjustment. Most of the aforementioned customization approaches will support it, but if you want to allow partially-transparent hair then you'll need to adapt the artwork so that it makes sense. For instance: you'd want to avoid overlap between layers, because they'll tend to produce a "Venn diagram" visual effect which looks ugly.

P.P.S. If you want the pubic hair to include physics-based animation then the coloring stuff becomes slightly more complex. In most cases, I expect that pubic hair would be too short and wiry to exhibit much recognizable motion; it wouldn't be appropriate to apply physics to it (because of the extra modding effort involved, and the runtime performance penalty that would be incurred). I've brought up the idea because it may be relevant to other furry-related mods: "tufts" of hair on the chest, fluffy tailtips, whiskers, etc... You can find an example of "bouncy ears" on the Kuroka hairstyle.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Hi stuntcock stuntcock can you take a look at something for a minute for me?

I have a new mod, I need to understand why it isn't working like the horse cock.

problem is that when it loads, the other penis is visible, even though it properly registering a new Canine slot (instead of Horse). I replaced as much as I could find, but I guess there is something amiss that I can't spot.

a secondary consideration:
I want to let the exposed member be loader-RGB, whilst keeping the skin-toned bits registered as they are to the Skin HSL. I organized it so that they are separate objects.

any insight into these is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

sdt-Canine-Cock-stage_04a.fla
548.7 KB · Views: 265

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
problem is that when it loads, the other penis is visible
That's a bit of laziness on my part. It's not a new bug. The same problem occurred with the horse mod, but nobody could notice because the horse penis completely eclipses the human one.

Here's a revised proxy method which should fix it.
Code:
function updatePenis_Pre() : Object
{
   if(him.currentPenisID == him.penisNameList.indexOf("Canine"))
   {
       newpenis.visible = true;
       him.penis.getChildAt(0).visible = false;
       him.penis.wet.visible = false;
       newpenis.gotoAndStop(g.himSkinType + him.penisNameList[him.currentPenisID]);
       him.penis.lipstickElements.lipstickContainer.visible = false;
       newlipstick.visible = true;
       return true;
   }
   else
   {
       newpenis.visible = false;
       him.penis.getChildAt(0).visible = true;
       him.penis.wet.visible = true;
       him.penis.lipstickElements.lipstickContainer.visible = true;
       newlipstick.visible = false;
       return null;
   }
}

I want to let the exposed member be loader-RGB, whilst keeping the skin-toned bits registered as they are to the Skin HSL. I organized it so that they are separate objects.
The revised FLA allows for independent HSL adjustment, as specified. It includes the proxy fix mentioned above.

sdt-Canine-Cock-stage_04a_plusHslStuff.fla

There's only one new line of code:
Code:
loader.registerForHueShift("Canine Cock", newpenis.cockmeat);

It was necessary to split the penis into two separate layers. The shaft element (aka cockmeat) was previously defined as six separate instances, one for each of the gender+skintone keyframes. This isn't suitable, because it means that each skintone change will give us a "new" shaft element, and therefore discard any HSL changes that we've made.

Instead, we now have one shaft element on a separate layer. This element persists regardless of skintone or gender changes, so we can apply HSL changes to it - and we can be fairly confident that they'll remain in effect.

Please feel free to rename the thing if you'd like. Keep in mind that you'll need to make the change in both places: the instance name on the Flash canvas, and any "newpenis.cockmeat" references in the ActionScript code.

The string "Canine Cock" is not magic, it's just an arbitrary label that gets shown to the user, on the Loader pane. So you can rename that one (to "Red Rocket" or whatever) without any negative consequences.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
Thank you stuntcock stuntcock !! ....following up, on export I'm seeing two instances listed in the Loader tab for color sliders, one for the properly named Canine and an extra that is a global (changes color of whole swf) of the swf, which is named by the filename...any insight? Can that be hidden?

I don't think I noticed RHC do that, so I don't think it's the reg 4 hue shift mod in my thing...but maybe it Is, since I'm loading the canine mod manually to test it...hrmm

Also, in this glitch I noticed that the prior loader-tab listings from that mod are not unloaded when a new one is loaded that over-writes it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.