Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (5 Viewers)

Daedalus

Content Creator
Dunno, it should work but it doesn't. Skelinfos.bin and dynbouncer.bin are in the bin folder where they should be.

DirectX

Content Creator
Fun with Skelinfo xmls...

Bobbleheads!

upload_2017-10-25_9-5-31.png

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
Yes, the .xml file is called "Msn_Dabo_Leeta_F_01.xml" and is located in the \PlayerCostume directory (after decompiling the playercostume.bin). You'll need to replace some of the "<PCPart>" entries with nude or invisible parts. Also, the \Playercostume directory will have to be recompiled into Playercotume.bin,then renamed to PlayerCotumeClient.bin and placed in the \localdata directory. If STO is running, stop it and restart. Then visit Quark's bar on DS9 or the Dabo table on Drozana Station to view the results.

Ahhh I had a hunch you could make Npcs nude through the playercostume.bin, great work on that. Like The ZTS The ZTS said, we could use any help we can get.

smooky

Potential Patron
I dont know guys, if the nude mod is already very much a ban offence, making "real" characters nude is even worst.
You cant not be be banned Cause you are the only one can see it on your computer ... that not go in the server no one see you naked . only if you take screenshot and be share on internet with your name on it or doing video live . ^-^ So i used it like a year the mods when password did make it im not banned so . Just be carefule what you do or share giggle

The ZTS

Content Creator
smooky smooky Clean it up as in make it a bit higher res...unless your playing on Low in which case that's as high res as it probably goes. xD

DirectX DirectX Have you seen my rant about the .HTEX extension? Or are you not into that kinda hardcore?

The ZTS

Content Creator
You cant not be be banned Cause you are the only one can see it on your computer ... that not go in the server no one see you naked . only if you take screenshot and be share on internet with your name on it or doing video live . ^-^ So i used it like a year the mods when password did make it im not banned so . Just be carefule what you do or share giggle

On top of that, because this is a client-side modification that in no way makes our gameplay experience unfair from that of anyone else without the mod, there really is no incentive to ban. Plus...to play devil's advocate, it DOES require one to purchase some of the old outfits with Zen in order to have them removed...you'd be banning a source of income. Doesn't mean I LIKE telling people "you gotta buy some Zen outfits", it's just the way it is right now because there is no way for us to reverse-engineer a .HTEX.

DirectX

Content Creator
smooky smooky Clean it up as in make it a bit higher res...unless your playing on Low in which case that's as high res as it probably goes. xD

DirectX DirectX Have you seen my rant about the .HTEX extension? Or are you not into that kinda hardcore?

Would you kindly refresh my memory? Is there a specific file you are looking to modify?

The ZTS

Content Creator
DirectX DirectX Are you familiar with the .HTEX file? It's basically a .WTEX file, except there's some kind of validation going on. We can get a .HTEX to a .DDS, but we can't go the other direction. I have a rant about it somewhere in the middle of this thread.

NINJA EDIT!
It's on page 12. I modified a .HTEX file of Batleth01, the results in hex are in an image.
And there's one on page 6.

Last edited:

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
DirectX DirectX Hey, do you mind making a copy and zipping up the Msn_Dabo_Leeta_F_01.xml file and posting it here? I'd like to reverse engineer it and figure out how to change outfits on Starfleet npcs, etc.

smooky

Potential Patron

ah yeah is work on low and high res .... But when i put High more res lose the texture so this mean using other files i not find yet .... I working on it Right now

DirectX

Content Creator
DirectX DirectX Are you familiar with the .HTEX file? It's basically a .WTEX file, except there's some kind of validation going on. We can get a .HTEX to a .DDS, but we can't go the other direction. I have a rant about it somewhere in the middle of this thread.

NINJA EDIT!
It's on page 12. I modified a .HTEX file of Batleth01, the results in hex are in an image.
And there's one on page 6.

Try this:
1) Backup the file to be edited, filename.htex, so you have a back up copy
2) Rename the file from filename.htex to filename.crn
2) Open Noesis then click on filename.crn
3) Use Noesis to export filename.crn to filenameout.dds
4) Edit filenameout.dds in your favorite editor (Gimp, Photoshop,etc) make sure you load the transparency as an Alpha channel
5) Save the edited file, newfile.dds
6) Use Noesis to convert the file to a CRN file, newfile.dds to newfileout.crn
7) Rename newfileout.crn to newfileout.htex or use the original filename.htex

Note: there may be some loss in image detail due to the conversion process. Also the original file and edited file may not be the same size. Let me know if this works for you.

The ZTS

Content Creator
I tried that, the game actually halts loading and has to be killed via Task Manager. The input file and the output file don't even look the same, they have the same HX at the beginning of the hex, but that Unicode AE character is what confuses me.

I play with the console open so that's how I knew what it did. They do something to the end result CRN file that makes it that HTEX. They ALL start out HX.AE except for a small handful of files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.