Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (5 Viewers)

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
J juanmanuelt If you can do it, you are a godsend.

Well, I've seen what the problem is. The issue is not the texture itself, but rather the file that gives the reliefs and shadows (the N file). That file is difficult to understand for me because I am 100% amateur. I tried to modify it and I think I have achieved the best that I can, install it, try it, and tell me if you notice it better or worse.

Attachments

Hips N.rar
424 KB · Views: 116

The ZTS

Content Creator
So there -IS- significance to the naming scheme! I knew there had to be, it was far too consistent...

I will check it out...in the meantime...I have another task for you. Could you modify the Trill spots such that they both don't look haphazard around the seamline (like they naturally continue and aren't broken up) and they smoothly continue to the neck and down the ankle? If anything, the former is higher priority.

If you could do that too, that would add a nice patch.

Last edited:

The ZTS

Content Creator
J juanmanuelt Not to keep tacking onto your workload, but you've already proven you can do the quick fixes, lol.

Something I'd like you to look into as well is the noticeable color difference between the neck and chest textures. This might be another shading thing, but it's REALLY noticeable on lighter-skinned characters. Darker-skinned characters make the textures blend better as the skin gets darker.

Not really a priority, just another aesthetic tweak.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
So there -IS- significance to the naming scheme! I knew there had to be, it was far too consistent...

I will check it out...in the meantime...I have another task for you. Could you modify the Trill spots such that they both don't look haphazard around the seamline (like they naturally continue and aren't broken up) and they smoothly continue to the neck and down the ankle? If anything, the former is higher priority.

If you could do that too, that would add a nice patch.

On the neck there is probably nothing I can do. There are some costumes that uses a file call chestblend and some others dont and makes it difficult for me. The hips and chest spots maybe more easy, give a few hours to try it.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Sure. Even if you can make the transition from the neck to the chest less harsh, that would be better than nothing.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Well, I've seen what the problem is. The issue is not the texture itself, but rather the file that gives the reliefs and shadows (the N file). That file is difficult to understand for me because I am 100% amateur. I tried to modify it and I think I have achieved the best that I can, install it, try it, and tell me if you notice it better or worse.

The blend is much better I think. The seam is still noticeable but it doesn't just absolutely jump out at you now. I'm not sure how perfect we can get with it, you might have to do the chest as well until you get a happy solution. Looking at it straight on from the front or back, it looks much better, from the side it looks just a hair darker than the chest. Being able to make a just-barely-visible blurry transition between the textures close to where the seam line would be would go a long way.

You're really close though. I appreciate the effort.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
Ok, on the trill skills, ive try to modify the chestblend and sorry, but is nothing I can do there. Also the chest hips transations is going to be very hard, I know how to do it, I know what to edit and how, but I dont have the "graphics" skills to make the spots. I am going to keep trying, but what we need is a photoship artist to work on the textures.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
The blend is much better I think. The seam is still noticeable but it doesn't just absolutely jump out at you now. I'm not sure how perfect we can get with it, you might have to do the chest as well until you get a happy solution. Looking at it straight on from the front or back, it looks much better, from the side it looks just a hair darker than the chest. Being able to make a just-barely-visible blurry transition between the textures close to where the seam line would be would go a long way.

You're really close though. I appreciate the effort.

Yea, there is not much to do I think, at the end of the day, they are 2 diferent textures.

On the neck there is a chestblend texture, but beatuine hip and chest there is nothing.

Like I said, what we need is a graphic expert.. beacose remember this, we are useing old textures, the current mod textures are really old, the game already update them long time ago.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Yeah. Your tweaks are still good, though, thanks for giving it the ole college try.

@Regardie Not sure if you're still lurking, but you want a fun challenging task?

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
Btw, the problem is not the texture (the D file) is the N file. If Ive use the D mod textures with the current ingame N files, we have a perfect body, with no lines at all.. but we loss a lot of details on the ass and tits.

Is really hard to explain, and like I said, I know how to edit all the game textures, but I dont have the skills to make them look good. If some artits can help me...

The ZTS

Content Creator
So the D is the actual texture and the N is the shaders and such. A loss of detail on the ass and tits can be compensated for at least.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
You can test it your self, remove the N files on the female folder and you will see the old nude textures with the new N files. You can also try to remove all the .wtext on the female folder and you will get the new oficial textures with the new N files.

Sadly the old N files are easy to edit, the new ones are nearly imposible.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Yeah. Something somewhat harrowing I came across is that some of the .WTEX files have the typical TX5 compression (the stuff you can remove with a hex editor), but then once you remove it they look and smell like an HTEX, same CRN compression type and everything.

What bugs me even more is this:
headerdiff.png

The file on the left is of Batleth01, in other words, a generic bat'leth. The file on the right is the same file except exported to DDS and then back to CRN. The parts of note are the bytes at offset 03, 04, and 05, and then 07-0B of row 0x00. And the game absolutely will not load it. I'm trying to find some way to make the client vomit specifics but have come up short thus far.

I can't find any breakdown of a CRN's file structure in hex, but I'm varying degrees of positive that it has to deal with compression. Those first three bits are the same in every single .HTEX I open up, save for the ones that are just DDSes for some reason. I copied a crapload of .HTEX files that are actually straight .DDS files and am waiting to see if future updates see a change in their file structure. If they change, I'll have both the source AND target structure to work with.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
The compression is not issue for in order to edit wtex, I have already can edit all the files, no matter the compresion. The problem with the new N files is that they are imposible to edit due to the fact that they are too complex for my art skills. I can open the old N files with gimp and do what ever I want with them.. hell, I can put 3 nipples if you want. But the new ones are too much complex for me, I dont even know where to even put the nipples.. lol

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
I Made an Iconian resistance suit with the nude textures, you can color it any color. Looks as if she's wearing a transparent bodysuit. Will include it in our next update.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    708.8 KB · Views: 240

Daedalus

Content Creator
Patch notes said they fixed the beach chairs, but this is what I see:
vfnnfdn.png

Just a thought, but shouldn't we add each other in friends list ingame? That way we can stay in touch if and when Undertow should go offline again.

The ZTS

Content Creator
One of my diffs says they applied sonething totally backwards, at least as far as I can see.

Also, new installer is almost ready for release. In the 3 or so days we were down, I went through 6 release candidates. 5 failed. So the iron has been struck at almost every temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.