Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
The new demo is out and unfortunately a new gameplay mechanic makes the demo incredibly frustrating for those looking for ryona.

First the good. The demo now has checkpoints. So unlike the Dragon's Dogma demo which forced you to play from the very beginning if you died, you can now pick up relatively close to where you left off.

Now for the really bad. If you're downed and your AI partner resuscitates you you don't enter the critical death state in which enemies use their kill moves. Instead you come back with three bars of health. As far as I can tell your partner can bring your health back up to 3 infinitely.

So far the only way to enter the critical death state is to go down, wait for the timer to fill up, and hope your AI partner doesn't reach you in time. Unfortunately the AI never wants to stray far from you and seems to completely ignore the wait command. I guess this is where the lone wolf perk comes into play. System link and online play seem like the only way to get the death scenes stress free.

I've nearly given up on actually finding any death scenes in the demo. Good luck to anyone else who tries.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Was there a difficulty choice in the demo ? May be the demo is played at the easiest difficulty so the resuscitation recovers you nicely , If there is only one difficulty in the demo then hopefully that is the easiest difficulty and we hope that the more difficult the less health recovered

If health recovery is constant in all difficulties then we will look for the hero who will resist the all frustration in order to make the ryona :)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Was there a difficulty choice in the demo ? May be the demo is played at the easiest difficulty so the resuscitation recovers you nicely , If there is only one difficulty in the demo then hopefully that is the easiest difficulty and we hope that the more difficult the less health recovered

If health recovery is constant in all difficulties then we will look for the hero who will resist the all frustration in order to make the ryona :)

There's only one difficulty for the demo. Since it's the Comic-con demo it's likely that it was made easier so that attendees could reach the end. I'm sure it would have been easy for the users here but you wouldn't believe how bad a lot of people are at video games, especially people in the actual industry like game journalists. It's best for Capcom to get people to complete their demo, which in the end means they have to make easier for the less skilled.

Whatever the case there is still the lone wolf skill that you can purchase in the full game. It keeps your AI partner from picking you up when you go down. Which means a guaranteed critical state assuming you aren't killed while on the ground.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
There's only one difficulty for the demo. Since it's the Comic-con demo it's likely that it was made easier so that attendees could reach the end. I'm sure it would have been easy for the users here but you wouldn't believe how bad a lot of people are at video games, especially people in the actual industry like game journalists. It's best for Capcom to get people to complete their demo, which in the end means they have to make easier for the less skilled.

Whatever the case there is still the lone wolf skill that you can purchase in the full game. It keeps your AI partner from picking you up when you go down. Which means a guaranteed critical state assuming you aren't killed while on the ground.

So was it confirmed to be a non-online skill or a skill that isn't exclusive to one character ?

If both is right then that would be nice , I think equipping this skill means more damage the player inflicts and less damage received , the latter effect would be nice to increase the struggling or holds period

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
So was it confirmed to be a non-online skill or a skill that isn't exclusive to one character ?

If both is right then that would be nice , I think equipping this skill means more damage the player inflicts and less damage received , the latter effect would be nice to increase the struggling or holds period

It affects the AI so I believe its main use is offline. The AI will not assist you in fights and won't aid you when you fall. The AI will only be around to help you open doors or do coop actions that are required to progress. Once you buy a skill it's unlocked for everyone. So no it's not exclusive to certain characters. It wouldn't make much sense to make it exclusive to certain characters anyways.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
So apparently the demo offers online play letting someone join in as a partner, and you can set it to private and invite someone you know. So, if anyone is wanting to make ryona videos on the PS3 I'll be willing to lend my assistance, or lack there of as it were.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
So apparently the demo offers online play letting someone join in as a partner, and you can set it to private and invite someone you know. So, if anyone is wanting to make ryona videos on the PS3 I'll be willing to lend my assistance, or lack there of as it were.

Thats great :)

We need to make private online rooms in agent hunt mode so that non-ryona players won't interrupt us

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
The japanese ryona bbs has pulled through with a video of some of Helena's grabs and deaths. It's quite funny seeing them come up with their own strategies to get rid of the overbearing AI partner. As for the deaths I don't think there's too much different from what we've already seen from the first demo and videos.

[video=youtube_share;eO6shAkVe2w]http://youtu.be/eO6shAkVe2w[/video]

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Thats great :)

We need to make private online rooms in agent hunt mode so that non-ryona players won't interrupt us

Would love to see some super serious player hop in
MLG MLG GUYS!! WE NEED TOW IN THIS STOP GETTING TACKLED BY EVERY MONSTER!!

hqdefault.jpg

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Another new video to show. This one is from TGS and features Ada fighting the chainsaw monster from Jake/Sherry's campaign. The gameplay footage is recorded via camera but it's not too bad. The player dies twice to the chainsaw guy, once lying down and once standing up. Unfortunately there's no decapitation but because this is being shown at the Tokyo Game Show I'm really hoping it was just censored. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0:50 - Ada is downed by the chainsaw monster, before she can recover she's stabbed through the stomach by the chainsaw
3:18 - Ada takes the chainsaw to the neck, very similar to RE5's chainsaw death, no decapitation
[video=youtube_share;B_DaxSTFaFQ]http://youtu.be/B_DaxSTFaFQ[/video]

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
After trying the demo, I'm definitely passing on this until it's cheaper. The only campaign worth playing is Leon's, as it has that Resident Evil 4-esque feel to it. Ammo is limited as you're basically stranded, you're caught in tight corridors with zombies encroaching on you enmasse, and the atmosphere is great. The other two campaigns are basically just run-of-the-mill third-person shooters with bad cover mechanics. Considering Chris's campaign has limited ammo where it isn't appropriate, seeing as you have to shoot everything as everything is shooting back at you on a battlefield, it's poorly executed. Jake's is pretty much the same deal, but with more and crazier weapons, though I can see limited ammo being appropriate as he's in the same situation as Leon.

Regardless, when I pick up a Resident Evil title, I shouldn't feel like I'm playing Ghost Recon. It's a survival-horror franchise, and Crapcom has all but completely lost sight of it going off of Leon's campaign as the obly saving grace. I'll pass.

BTW, Helena is pretty hot.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
After trying the demo, I'm definitely passing on this until it's cheaper. The only campaign worth playing is Leon's, as it has that Resident Evil 4-esque feel to it. Ammo is limited as you're basically stranded, you're caught in tight corridors with zombies encroaching on you enmasse, and the atmosphere is great. The other two campaigns are basically just run-of-the-mill third-person shooters with bad cover mechanics. Considering Chris's campaign has limited ammo where it isn't appropriate, seeing as you have to shoot everything as everything is shooting back at you on a battlefield, it's poorly executed. Jake's is pretty much the same deal, but with more and crazier weapons, though I can see limited ammo being appropriate as he's in the same situation as Leon.

Regardless, when I pick up a Resident Evil title, I shouldn't feel like I'm playing Ghost Recon. It's a survival-horror franchise, and Crapcom has all but completely lost sight of it going off of Leon's campaign as the obly saving grace. I'll pass.

BTW, Helena is pretty hot.

I have a couple of questions for HyperZealot and anyone else who's played the demo. I LOVED Resident Evil 5 and the move towards more "action-y" gameplay (I'm not an RE purist by any stretch of the imagination), especially playing it co-op. So from what you've played so far, do you think this is more of the same (which I would like) or do you think the gameplay has regressed too much? Also, does it seem like the co-op will be any good?

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
It felt more actiony to me (which I am not big on as to me RE is a horror series) It felt pretty much the same as RE 5 to me

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
So it's taken me some time to formulate my thoughts, but in the end I echo HyperZelots thoughts. I'm gonna pass on this game until it's dirt cheap.
There's just so much that turns me off about it. Jake in particular sums up everything wrong with the game; he's basically Alice from the crappy RE movies. In what I assume is his first appearance in the game he beats the hell out of an infected with his bare hands in an extremely over the top way all the while treating the situation like a joke. It's just like the entire time he's on screen he's screaming: "Look at me, I'm so cool." RE isn't supposed to make your character seem like an invincible badass, you're supposed to think they're average people in extraordinary circumstances struggling to survive.
Even the best feeling campaign; the Leon/Helena campaign isn't very good. It sort of has the atmosphere of the original games, but I've already noticed it's pattern: Atmospheric walking moment. Alarm. Infected swarm. And I never felt like I was in any danger, hell, if I ever ran low on ammo I could literally beat zombies to death with the butt of my gun.

So, to answer TheCrimsonRisk's question. This game is pretty much Resident Evil 5-2. It's even more action oriented than RE5 ever was; even the Leon/Helena campaign.

???

Potential Patron
I've never....and I mean NEVER been a Resident Evil fan, but I"M looking forward to this game....

Played the demo and all I see is:
-Engaging, well paced game play
-Variety
-Gorgeous female playable characters(they don't even force you to play as someone you don't want to)
-good potential in replay value
-A nice little trinket (probably good for me and me only XP) finally implemented in the game that took them six tries,(and a few bloody pitstops I.E:Veronicaa, light gun RE's, insert the meaningless....)SIX FUCKING TRIES....for them to finally put in....

So when I see people complaining about something like the atmosphere of the game as opposed to some of its predecessors, and how the characters "should" be acting(like ALBERT WESKER's SON for pete's sake....I mean c'mon....), I truly feel that there are completely different wavelengths of thought here.(Which I guess should be no shock, but still....) Going from RE1 to RE6, of course the story will evolve into something almost completely different as it delves into its explanations of plots and what not; this is to be expected as well. The game kept key characters and is still just as riveting as can be. What would be the point of having the entire game pan out like Helena/Leon's campaign? Would get pretty boring at some point IMO. :2 z Z:

Ryona wise, for the love of the stars that shine in the sky at night, this may very well be the game that I've so long been waiting for... T_T

Sherry ftw, btw...(altho Helena looks nice too....)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I've been reading the Japanese Ryona bbs boards and some people have found an interesting, yet rather rare, vore death scene with the tentacle arm J'avo in Sherry's portion of the demo.

I decided to check for myself and sure enough after multiple tries I can confirm it. First, the character you're controlling has to be in a critical state, which is difficult with the Ai partner. If you have a friend to play with this can be made much easier. Once in the critical state if you let the J'avo grab you from a distance it might initiate the death scene. This is a bit finicky. Sometimes it just slams you down and you die on the spot. I'm going to have to try and see if the actual distance from the J'avo plays a factor.

In the death scene the tentacle arm J'avo pulls Sherry towards him and slams her into the ground. While she's on the ground the claw tentacle will grab her by the head and pull her into the arm's "mouth", which swallows her up like a snake. Only her feet remain outside. After a few seconds the arm will then retract off her now dead body. Pretty cool. Unfortunately I have no recording equipment so I can't capture the scene. Hope someone else will though. I'm also hoping the game leaks soon. I've got my RGH ready to go and I can't wait to see the other death scenes.

EDIT: Alright I've been messing with it a bit and it seems the death scene initiates most when the J'avo has a lot of space around it. So the very beginning of the demo is probably the best place to get the scene.

For people playing alone I suggest when selecting Sherry/Jake's part of the demo set the "Network Selection" to "Offline". This will let you pause the game. Right at the very beginning of the demo four J'avo will walk by. Immediately switch to the Elephant Killer magnum and shoot their arms. One shot will immediately transform them (you can use the pistol if you want but since the J'avo move around a lot when hit you might accidentally shoot something else).

You want at least three Tentacle J'avo for the best results. Two could work as well. Any more than three and it might be hard to manage them when you're on the ground in your recovery state. You don't want them picking you up while you wait for the timer. Try and get at least two to of the Tentacle J'avo to attack Jake. They can pretty quickly catch him in a grab loop. Once in your critical state (no timer, red screen, up and walking around) back yourself up to near the beginning of the demo. You want to lure the J'avo into a wide open area (don't let him stand near the construction signs). Once you're sure he's in a good spot cross your fingers and let him grab you. With a little luck you should get the death scene.
If you're playing with another like minded person you obviously won't have to do most of the above. If anyone's got any other good strategies please let me know. Though at this point release is so close I'm sure most people will just wait for the full game. :)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I've been reading the Japanese Ryona bbs boards and some people have found an interesting, yet rather rare, vore death scene with the tentacle arm J'avo in Sherry's portion of the demo.

I decided to check for myself and sure enough after multiple tries I can confirm it. First, the character you're controlling has to be in a critical state, which is difficult with the Ai partner. If you have a friend to play with this can be made much easier. Once in the critical state if you let the J'avo grab you from a distance it might initiate the death scene. This is a bit finicky. Sometimes it just slams you down and you die on the spot. I'm going to have to try and see if the actual distance from the J'avo plays a factor.

In the death scene the tentacle arm J'avo pulls Sherry towards him and slams her into the ground. While she's on the ground the claw tentacle will grab her by the head and pull her into the arm's "mouth", which swallows her up like a snake. Only her feet remain outside. After a few seconds the arm will then retract off her now dead body. Pretty cool. Unfortunately I have no recording equipment so I can't capture the scene. Hope someone else will though. I'm also hoping the game leaks soon. I've got my RGH ready to go and I can't wait to see the other death scenes.

EDIT: Alright I've been messing with it a bit and it seems the death scene initiates most when the J'avo has a lot of space around it. So the very beginning of the demo is probably the best place to get the scene.

For people playing alone I suggest when selecting Sherry/Jake's part of the demo set the "Network Selection" to "Offline". This will let you pause the game. Right at the very beginning of the demo four J'avo will walk by. Immediately switch to the Elephant Killer magnum and shoot their arms. One shot will immediately transform them (you can use the pistol if you want but since the J'avo move around a lot when hit you might accidentally shoot something else).

You want at least three Tentacle J'avo for the best results. Two could work as well. Any more than three and it might be hard to manage them when you're on the ground in your recovery state. You don't want them picking you up while you wait for the timer. Try and get at least two to of the Tentacle J'avo to attack Jake. They can pretty quickly catch him in a grab loop. Once in your critical state (no timer, red screen, up and walking around) back yourself up to near the beginning of the demo. You want to lure the J'avo into a wide open area (don't let him stand near the construction signs). Once you're sure he's in a good spot cross your fingers and let him grab you. With a little luck you should get the death scene.
If you're playing with another like minded person you obviously won't have to do most of the above. If anyone's got any other good strategies please let me know. Though at this point release is so close I'm sure most people will just wait for the full game. :)

Nice Find cnby

And when the full game gets released and more difficulties are available then the annoying AI won't interrupt much in the higher difficulties

Luckily for us , Most enemies encountered in the chris campaign can be encountered in Jake campaign except the snake and few other so we would have a lot of fun with Sherry in this game

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I've never....and I mean NEVER been a Resident Evil fan, but I"M looking forward to this game....

Played the demo and all I see is:
-Engaging, well paced game play
-Variety
-Gorgeous female playable characters(they don't even force you to play as someone you don't want to)
-good potential in replay value
-A nice little trinket (probably good for me and me only XP) finally implemented in the game that took them six tries,(and a few bloody pitstops I.E:Veronicaa, light gun RE's, insert the meaningless....)SIX FUCKING TRIES....for them to finally put in....

As a quickie; during the Chris and Piers campaign, you must play as a generic dude; and you must play their Call of Duty clone campaign if you want to unlock Ada's campaign.

If you've never been a fan of the Resident Evil series then it's no wonder you're looking forward to this game despite it's many flaws as a Resident Evil game. Credit where it's due; it controls decently well, and shooting things is fun... but that's part of the problem.
Atmosphere of a game and series are important regardless of what you see. Horror games are supposed to make the player feel vulnerable, make them feel like they're up against impossible odds; and the characters should reflect this, by actually being somewhat vulnerable.
It doesn't matter who a character is related to they shouldn't feel, or act, like they're some kind of invincible badass. Claire is related to Chris, but I think we'd all have issues if she suddenly started punching boulders.

The atmosphere, the theme, of a game is important... So just imagine if they released Mass Effect 4; where to stop an invasion of evil Space Piranhas from Neptune, The ghost of Cyber-Shepard is reincarnated into the body of a 12 year old, and must now form a party of all new characters such as Jarvis the talking fire-dog who lived on the sun, Jo-Cabron the neanderthal caveman recently revived from his 50,000 year ice nap, and Niki the Wonder Woman an elemental spirit of nature, and they're all flying around in a 1950's style flying saucer retrieved from Area 51 after it crash landed in Roswell centuries ago.
Kinda see what I'm getting at?
Or for an even simpler; imagine a Halo game in which you play as a character like Nathan Drake from Uncharted during Earth's pre space-flight years in a war in, Hong Kong or something.
Or even simpler than that; imagine if Street Fighter 5 was rated M for mature due to excessive vulgarity, urine and poop based projectiles, and a brand new fatality system.

The scariest thing about Resident Evil 6, is that it's not going to scare anyone.

And when the full game gets released and more difficulties are available then the annoying AI won't interrupt much in the higher difficulties
Luckily for us , Most enemies encountered in the chris campaign can be encountered in Jake campaign except the snake and few other so we would have a lot of fun with Sherry in this game
There's always the "Lone Wolf" perk/ability/whatever it's called, that should turn off the partner AI... and if that fails, then Ryonani members can always team up.
While bosses may have to wait until the PC release (which should at the very least support model-swapping) I imagine the mercenaries mode will allow Helena and Sherry to fight enemies they normally wouldn't.

All that aside... Am I really the only one who doesn't like Sherry ryona? It just seems like everyone's gunning for her.
I dunno, maybe it's because I grew up desperately protecting her in Resident Evil 2, that I can't help but think of her as a little girl first. Plus, she simply isn't that attractive to me; she's not ugly or anything, she's just... not attractive. Maybe this is what they call the "big brother instinct" or whatever.
Helena on the other hand... Dat rack, dat voice, dat butt and dem organs! Mmm, I can't wait for videos of her to roll out.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The scariest thing about Resident Evil 6, is that it's not going to scare anyone.

Everything changed in RE since Mikami left the series , For example his last RE game was Resident Evil 4 which can classified as a different genre from the older RE games but it has the atmosphere from past resident evil games and was 1000000x scarier than the newer RE games

There's always the "Lone Wolf" perk/ability/whatever it's called, that should turn off the partner AI... and if that fails, then Ryonani members can always team up.
While bosses may have to wait until the PC release (which should at the very least support model-swapping) I imagine the mercenaries mode will allow Helena and Sherry to fight enemies they normally wouldn't.

Not only swapping between Sherry , Ada and Helena , but if Claire , Jill or any other female character from the series is included in Mercenaries mode then it can be swapped into the main game via mods of course , there is even mods that can insert characters from outside the game but most if not all of them aren't professional

I forgot about that ability :) and the good thing is that as soon as you unlock an ability then it can be played in other campaigns also without the need to re-unlock it , I think when you equip it it increases the health or XP or has a positive effect on the player , there is no way they put it without having a positive effect on the player unless they please the hater of the Co-op system ... or pleasing us :)

All that aside... Am I really the only one who doesn't like Sherry ryona? It just seems like everyone's gunning for her.
I dunno, maybe it's because I grew up desperately protecting her in Resident Evil 2, that I can't help but think of her as a little girl first. Plus, she simply isn't that attractive to me; she's not ugly or anything, she's just... not attractive. Maybe this is what they call the "big brother instinct" or whatever.
Helena on the other hand... Dat rack, dat voice, dat butt and dem organs! Mmm, I can't wait for videos of her to roll out.

I like both helena and Sherry but TBH if you are speaking about sexual attractiveness then the only thing that Sherry beats helena in it is her legging pants which shows wonders if you let her crouch , other than that Helena beats sherry and every resident evil females in every category in terms of body , Waiting to see both in alternative costumes

The funny thing is that Sherry is 27 years old and helena is 22 years old although their appearance and body shows the vice versa :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.