Classic Resident Evil (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
I haven't played the RE1 remake yet, but I'm planning on buying it soon & playing it. The ryona deaths in the Resident Evil series are my absolute favorite kinds of ryona in video games, & I love zombies. This remake really sounds like a win across the board for me. :)

^ Then you might be dissapointed to hear that everything else except ryona is done better in the remake. When you die in remake, your character just collapses in ragdoll like fashion, and screen fades to white before zombies have time to do anything at all.

Mardion

Potential Patron
From a gameplay perspective, and being a longtime fan of Resident Evil having played RE2 shortly after it was released, REmake is by far my favourite game of the series and comfortably one of the best horror games of all time! Its atmosphere is unbelievable, the graphics so good they hold up even today, the sense of danger lurking is everywhere, the 'red heads' were a great and terrifying twist. And of course, tons and tons of new materials compared to the original RE1. Like Onlinehero, I really have to wonder why they didn't keep making games like this one. Ryona-wise I was also happy since some monsters have interesting new moves.

I am not entirely happy to hear they are just re-releasing it instead of creating a new game like it, but on the other hand, since it was an exclusive Gamecube game it wasn't played by a lot of people, so I'm glad more people will now learn about it (and hopefully push Capcom to create more games like it!).

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Welllll since the newest RE game was basically a rushed indie game, I'm...nnnnnot so sure Capcom is gonna be putting much money into RE after RE6 didn't sell as well as they wanted...>_>

Too bad 'cuz my favorite characters in the whole RE verse are from modern games -- Moira and Sherry (well ya know, adult Sherry, haha). I kinda wanna see more of 'em buuut at this rate it's not too likely I guess.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Welllll since the newest RE game was basically a rushed indie game, I'm...nnnnnot so sure Capcom is gonna be putting much money into RE after RE6 didn't sell as well as they wanted...>_>

Too bad 'cuz my favorite characters in the whole RE verse are from modern games -- Moira and Sherry (well ya know, adult Sherry, haha). I kinda wanna see more of 'em buuut at this rate it's not too likely I guess.

Don't worry Ryonaneer :) , RE6 sold way way pretty well compared to other Mega AAA franchises but it was capcom who exaggerated their sales expectations for the game , they should be proud that the game sold 6M copies considering the reviews that ripped them so i doubt capcom would drop the RE5-6 formula that brought millions of copies in any future mainline RE game and also RE is Capcom's pride and soul right now so i assume they put most of their resources into it , As for Rev2 I think that it was brought to light because Capcom is still developing the Panta Rhei engine and therefore it slows the development of RE7 so they wanted to make a new experiment by releasing a low-budget episodic RE game using as many reused assets as possible and release as many content as possible to please old fans as long as it is a reused asset (Chris , Jill , Leon , Wesker , Hunk , RE6 Maps ..etc) , Until they announce RE7 you can expect a lot of RE remasters and low budge titles (RE Zero HD , RE Code Veronica for PC , RE5 Gold Edition for PC ...etc)

Sherry won't disappear anytime soon , she is a major part of the overall plot due to her immortality and after knowing that Alex Wesker is seeking immortality and based on the good ending of REV2 then I assume that Sherry will be in a future game for sure , As for Moira then I am not sure if she will appear in the future or not , I wish they bring Sheva back , she is the hottest and most beautiful RE babe

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
I've been playing Resident Evil since the first one; in fact, I still refer to all the characters introduced in the second game as "those new guys". Resident Evil 4 was a good game, but it wasn't a great game, and IMO it ushered in the death of the franchise. The atmosphere, the difficulty, the survival and the horror, were traded for Rambo fights and QTEs. I'm actually pretty glad Resident Evil 6 didn't sell as well as they'd like, since maybe now they'll re-examine their priorities and give the franchise a proper (i.e. survival horror) facelift. It's a sad day when Dead Island provides a thousand times more satisfying zombie experience than any Resident Evil title on the market!

My favorite girl was Rebecca Chambers. Jill was a close second for years, but honestly I think that position was taken by Sheva; she's super cute, and I hope she gets included in future games. Ashley, Sherry, all those new characters added in 6 - don't really care. Just give me Rebecca, Sheva, and six bullets for a city full of zombies.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
To the surprise of no one, Capcom is continuing their HD remaster plans with Resident Evil 0. Release is planned for early 2016 on PS4, Xbone, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Dengeki Online
All Games Beta: Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster Announced ~ PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3 & Xbox 360

Capcom was pretty impressed with the sales of Remake Remaster and as it seems that their new phanta rai engine isn't ready yet so we can expect a lot of remasters and low budget games until their engine is ready and therefore RE7 and true next gen stuff gets announced , although i hear zero isn't that great game but i see that it has great ryona

Hoping for a full remake of both RE2 and RE3 into a single game but knowing capcom if they ever retouched them then they will just improve the resolution and some minor graphics and may insert some extra renders (RE4 Leon , BSAA Jill , Rev2 Claire ) and thats all

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i too remember a time new video games were made and we didn't live in a world of remasters of games that anybody with a toaster could emulate.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah remasters are a new thing
mega-man-wily-wars-mega-drive-sega-genesis.jpg

Super%20Mario%20All-Stars.jpg

latest

Kirby Superstar was a collection of mini games and smaller versions of older titles.

ok I won't lie there are more now but there are also more games in general now

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I don't mind Remasters with the Current state of Capcom that doesn't allow them to make new original high budget games based on old engine , the reason they are focusing on remasters is that they have problems finishing the new next generation engine and I think they won't risk their pride again by making another low budget 25$ Old-Gen looking game based on Old-Gen MT Framework engine like Revelations 2 in a very short time , The only games they will release in the near future that aren't remasters are Street Fighter V (An improved version of IV) , The new Ace attorney (A Mix between Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright and Dual Destinies) and Dragon Dogma online (An online identical version of the original Dragon Dogma) so as you can see all of their future non-remaster games are just improved old-gen looking games based on MT Framework so Making remasters for old games is a wise choice for them to gain some easy money that doesn't disappoint the fans and they chose the two games that makes most sense to be ported and remasters and those two are remake and zero as non-nintendo players didn't get the chance to play it outside emulators

Once they totally finish their engine , I am sure Capcom will blew our minds with the reveal trailer of RE7 just like they blew our minds with RE5 graphics in that time , Capcom , square Enix and maybe Namco are the only remaining strongholds for AAA Japanese games (RIP Konami) so I doubt they will drop AAA games anytime soon even thought Japan is heavily Shifting to Mobile gaming

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
So, this should interest folks around here: A Resident Evil FB Post.
Capcom is reaching out to fans, via facebook, and asking them their thoughts on a Resident Evil 2 Remake. Also they ask what the "Resident Evil Brand" is supposed to be about.
Arguably I find the last bit more important than an inevitable RE2 remake, and have been formulating my thoughts on the matter before I leave a comment.
Thought I'd share this with y'all in the mean time.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
the Resident Evil Brand is about the zombie dog tearing at Jill's neck after it knocks her down! i think out of the whole series that is the moment i played through the most XD

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
If Capcom ever made a RE2 remake , they will treat it like the revelations series with its low budget and reused assets , I wouldn't be surprised if the remake of RE2/3/Code Veronica replaces the revelations series spot as the spin off title because Since RE4 the resident evil cycle is 4 years for main title and 2-3 years for spin-offs and recently they added a one year cycle for simple remasters

I can guess that early 2016 is for RE0 Remaster then holiday 2016 for RE7 then Code Veronica HD for PC at early/Mid 2017 then RE2 Remake at holiday 2017 or early 2018 , The cycle is nearly constant

I Wish they have the RE4/5/6 type of gameplay and camera with less action and more sticking to the roots and they returns the Ink Ribbon system along with item storage Box but I really hope that they get rid of tank controls and Fixed Camera , it aged a lot and it was just a trick for its time to achieve more 3D look in weak hardwares

The most interesting part is that how they will handle the A/B scenarios for each characters , no way they could insert all of the 4 options into a single campaign unless they change the original story or make it Co-Op , it would e nice if they insert RE3 as an extra separate Campaign but knowing Capcom they will release it as a separate game

I would laugh too hard if Capcom went really cheap and ported Claire RE2 Model from Revelations 2 instead of making a new one :D

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Just more teasing. I'm sure it's been practically green lit already.
Resident Evil 2 remake pitched at Capcom today - Gematsu

Thats great news , I guess after the great sales for Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster and the bold move by square Enix to Remake Final Fantasy VII then Capcom thought about joining the boat as there is no excuse to not to , I just hope it gets a Mainline RE title budget and not a Revelation type of budget

onlinehero

Casual Client
Lol, just noticed today that Capcom had released Re Zero HD without any hype or trailer or anything. If I hadn't spotted a review I would have thought it was still in production!
I doubt the ryona will be better than in first one, but at least you can get some sexay costumes for rebecca :P

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Lol, just noticed today that Capcom had released Re Zero HD without any hype or trailer or anything. If I hadn't spotted a review I would have thought it was still in production!
I doubt the ryona will be better than in first one, but at least you can get some sexay costumes for rebecca :P

Yea , Resident Evil Zero is a better remaster than Remake , you have better and improved enhancement over remake's graphic enhancement and more bonus content than remake , the sexy new costumes for Rebecca is worth it for ryona :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.