Request: Better, cleaner HIM mod template (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi everyone.

This is aimed at people who know action script.

I find myself frustrated with the HIM mods. They sometimes only load partially, they sometimes don't load at all. Furthermore resetting the game often fails to reinstate the overwritten parts of the vanilla body forcing you to restart the game altogether.

I request that somebody who is good with action script makes a good template for HIM mods that doesn't suffer from all that glitchiness.

I've been using dantethedarkprince dantethedarkprince 's FLA dump of, among other things, HIM mods as my template. Ideally - but not necessarily - the template I'm requesting would be based on his since as far as placement of the parts goes. The reason for this is that it would make converting dante's numerous HIM mods simply a matter of copy/pasting. If for any reason that doesn't work that part's optional of course.

I uploaded one of dante's FLA files here. I should mention that he explicitly gave permission to use them way any way we wanted, so no need to worry about that.

Thanks for your consideration!

Last edited:

sclover13

Content Creator
As I know you're aware as I've talked to you about it, I've done just this via ExtraModHim.

I know you've been away from modding for a while, but if you opt to come back I'd love to see what kind of HIM mods you might be able to put out there!

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
As I know you're aware as I've talked to you about it, I've done just this via ExtraModHim.

I know you've been away from modding for a while, but if you opt to come back I'd love to see what kind of HIM mods you might be able to put out there!
I just might. I've felt the itch a bit lately. Either way this is pretty big for the sdt community so big thanks on behalf of the player base.
Him mods have never been popular and I can't imagine it's because people don't think it matters what male character is in a scene. It's the glitchiness of them. Haven't tried it yet but given what I know about your proficiency I assume it works very well. I will certainly test it soon. Thanks again!

sclover13

Content Creator
I just might. I've felt the itch a bit lately. Either way this is pretty big for the sdt community so big thanks on behalf of the player base.
Him mods have never been popular and I can't imagine it's because people don't think it matters what male character is in a scene. It's the glitchiness of them. Haven't tried it yet but given what I know about your proficiency I assume it works very well. I will certainly test it soon. Thanks again!
Thanks for the vote of confidence!! I put a lot of heart and soul into the mod.

However, to be perfectly honest, it's far from being bug-free and complete.

There were a number of hurdles that seemed entirely insurmountable when I first started the mod, half in part to my lack of programming experience at the time and half due to the way Kona originally designed the HIM system.
To the latter point, Kona unfortunately made a system that completely and utterly removes one him body and menu and replaces it with a new one every time the user switches sexes. This is a problem that seems to penetrate every aspect of how we've approached mods up until now, as it unloads the children from the mod containers, breaks control sliders, breaks loader proxies, and creates a dozens of little null/undefined variables throughout my mod. To the point of where the majority of my time making this mod seemed to be just debugging....

It feels like every other day new bugs are being discovered, and then subsequently patched.

The good news is that the current state works most of the time and is relatively bug free! As well, it has partial support for MoreClothing and nearly full support for Animtools (100% compatibility once Sby releases the next version of Animtools).

I've also devised a method for better handling the storage of mods between unloads that might alleviate a great number of the failure points that have plagued this mod up until now. However, it'll be a few months before I can upload a version that contains this method (quite a large over-haul). The great thing about separating the template from the core is that I'll likely never have to update the template much so modders won't need to worry about updating their works once they've been published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.