Random button (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
I haven't seen anyone request or do this before so here goes. I'm requesting a button mod that selects a character from your collection at random, like in a fighting game.

The default game has a randomize option, but it creates a new character using random assets rather than selecting an already existing character randomly.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I haven't seen anyone request or do this before so here goes. I'm requesting a button mod that selects a character from your collection at random, like in a fighting game.
If you just it to select one of your vanilla characters (defined by a mere charcode) then the code is very simple:

Code:
l.g.inGameMenu.characterMenu.resetSearch();
l.g.inGameMenu.characterMenu.triggerSelect( Math.random() * (l.g.inGameMenu.characterMenu.thumbs.length - 1));

If you want the scope to include Character Folders then it gets more complex. You'd need to walk through the whole tree so that we could include characters buried within subfolders. You'd also need to find some way to identify and exclude the non-character folders. For example, sby's Loader Pack includes entries for various Loader mods: aimpenis, autohuereg, strandlimit, etc... You presumably wouldn't want to activate one of those when pressing the Random button.

Hank East

Content Creator
Well I do not use character folders so I'm just looking for it to select vanilla characters. Also I thought it could maybe have a tag system to select which characters get thrown in the randomise pool.
For example, let's say I have all my Pokémon characters named "[girl name here] PKMN". If I wanted to just randomly pick a Pokémon girl, I'd add "PKMN" as a tag and it would pick up from there. Just an idea I had after making the request.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
one of my mods i think is called extract loader chars can rip loader mods out of the vanilla menu and put them on an old-style loader menu.
even supports regular expressions to leave certain characters in. in my setup, i denote characters with 'c-' in the start of the mod's character folder. it could help with the situation stuntcock mentioned (as long as that thumbs list gets updated, not sure if it will)

i mostly made it for myself, not sure how many other people have actually tried it out xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.