Loader Mod: Finishes Variable Reset (1 Viewer)

Tombstone

Content Creator
I don't know if this is the correct area for Loader Mod requests, and I searched to make sure this had not been requested before. That search turned up this conversation, but I cannot say if any follow-through had occurred:

Could you write a dialogue that zeroes da.finishes in the initial settings thus allowing you to reload the dialogue rather than the whole loader itself?
Realistically though, it would probably be more practical to request a small Loader mod which would automatically zero out the counter whenever a new character is loaded, or whenever a RESET occurs (or both).

I would like to officially request this.

EDIT:
I don't know if this is the correct area for Loader Mod requests...
Yep, I did it wrong, sorry. Should have been posted here.

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
here is some code that will probably work
Code:
package flash
{

public dynamic class Main extends flash.display.MovieClip
    {

var g;
        var main;
        var unloadregged:Boolean = false;
        const mymodname:String = "resetfinishedV1";

public function initl(l)
        {
            g = l.g;
            main = l;
            main.addEnterFramePersist(doThisEveryFrame);

main.registerUnloadFunction(resetme);
            unloadregged = true;

main.updateStatusCol(mymodname+" loaded","#00FF00");
            main.unloadMod();
        }

function doThisEveryFrame(e)
        {
            if(!unloadregged)
            {
                main.registerUnloadFunction(resetme);
                unloadregged = true;
            }

}

function resetme()
        {
            g.totalFinishes = 0;
            unloadregged = false;
        }

}
}

if you grab one of my mods, you will likely get an as3 compiler with it. put this code in a .as file, and run the compiler exe with a command prompt and have the .as file as an argument. it should compile the file into a usable swf (assuming i wrote this right, didn't try to compile it). the real part of the code that gets the job done is just 'g.totalFinishes = 0;', the rest is just setup for it to run when the reset button is pressed. there might be a better way to hook it into the reset button than check if it needs to be readded to the list of reset functions after they get processed, but oh well.

i have a video in my thread about doing code modding stuff like this if you want something visual to guide you

if you get it to work, feel free to publish it on the resource manager, other peoples might want it

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.