Loader Talks to Loader (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
So this is a bit of a doozy to explain.

I recently got a new computer and it can run circles around my old one. SDT runs so much better now and I can use character codes that I couldn't before. I can even run the game at high quality with shaders on. Basically what I'm saying is my new computer is well more capable of running SDT.

A couple days ago I decided to try an idea I once had but my old computer wasn't able to do it. I tried and was able to have 2 instances of SDT running at once. Even better is the frame rate was barely affected even running with the same settings.

Final point before getting to the reason of this post. I have a few dialogues that run automatically. There's no talking involved but it makes the characters change positions, swap between hand and mouth, among many other things.

Main reason for this post. Could there possibly be a way for 2 instances of the loader to communicate with each other? At the most basic I'd like for my dialogues to change settings in each instance so it seems like the pairs of people are acting upon each other. For example: one of my dialogues is able to randomize Him upon the restart line being triggered. I'd like for one instance to wait for the other to also trigger that linetype before randomizing both men. Ultimately I'd like for the 2 men to be talking to each other while throating the girls, or maybe the girls talk to each other or both men while catching their breath. An idea that comes to mind is having a slave owner belittle a mother while random men are using her daughter.

I understand this would be a big reach. It's basically like 2 emulators connecting to trade pokemon or something. Maybe a mod could set an ID to the instance when loaded then be able to find and connect to the ID of another instance, setting up a sort of host/guest type of connection.

Just an extra tidbit, not related to this question. SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror 's XL backgrounds work amazingly for this double instance setup. Really makes the four characters appear to be in the same place together. If only loader could go borderless so the instances are seamless, but that's a topic for another time.

gl4c1alfreeze

Potential Patron
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for your theory, and I doubt it's actually possible, however there is a way to make it seem like the dialogues are running together, only if you know how to trigger start multiple custom dialogues simultaneously.

That being said, what you might be able to do is make multiple custom dialogues, set up like how an intro would be, and then take Cyrillic characters for the other dialogues while one is running, use the insert key and paste/type over the copied dialogue to match the number of characters that the other dialogue will run for, and then add however many more Cyrillic characters to give any pause you want.

So it would look like this:

(Dialogue 1)
introa:"Some dialogue[introb]" <-- matched amount of characters to dialogue 2 for each line.
introb:"Next dialogue[introc]"
introc"БББББББББББББ[etc]"

(Dialogue 2)
introa:"БББББББББББББ[introb]"
introb:"БББББББББББББ[introc]"
introc:"More dialogue[etc]"

and if you can't match the dialogues up automatically, you might be able to add some extra Cyrillic characters at the beginning and find out some way to reliably time them to load right, so it looks good. Hope this helps, and good luck.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
That might work and would be worth a try. I actually had a dialogue in mind and it kinda works without the communication. I made a dialogue with 24 custom built characters, 12 guys and 12 girls, but I didn't want the same characters being loaded on each side. I currently have a workaround where I can change either character if they just so happened to load the same character after a swap.

Ideally, the communication would block a duplicate character from being loaded in. I was thinking on how lines would be triggered for each side talking together and I couldn't really plan out how to make that work efficiently.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Related to this topic but not asking for the same mod... Is there a way to make da.buttons align to the right side of the window? Like if it checks that the option for mirrored is turned on the buttons will align to the right side of the window, or make it toggle through something like a trigger in dialogue. It may be too late to ask in this thread and may need to make a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.