wolfie00

Potential Patron
I thought Platinum Tango was fantastic! Lots of posing beautiful zakos. What's more to add?. I hope they continue these movies and avoid copying anything that's produced here in the US because it's always disappointing and crappy. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Cheers

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
OK, now for the positive review.

There is a lot of great material. I found a lot of action scenes intense. I said in my earlier post that the fight scenes with the new costume (all black body suit) were short, but they were very good. I wasn't sold in the preview pics, but I really like the new costume now. It's just too bad that there was only a couple of scenes. Would love to see them bring that outfit back and have more action scenes.

Most of the fight scenes are with the new 'Bolero'-type outfits, this time in black with red belt and black beret and black boots. I think this is the best version of the that outfit so far. I like most of the action scenes when they are indoors, those fight scenes are the best, with defeated henchgirls piling up while the heroes take on more. There are also a lot of good poses the girls are in after they are defeated. There's too many to mention individually right now, as there is so much to watch still..

Again, this movie is long, and the bonus features are pretty long too. In fact, some of the bonus features are better than the actual movie. This is not usually the case with GIGA/Zen. There is a part that is just alternate and deleted scenes for the actual movie. Those contain a mix of alternate takes, interviews, and outtakes. Some of the best fight scenes come from this part, seriously.

The behind the scenes stuff is great too. Whoever was filming the behind the scenes stuff filmed a lot of it so that you didn't see the production crew, so the 'fantasy' is intact. Also, the video quality is just as good as the movies, so basically, it's just more zako material, alternate angles on scenes from the movie. The angles for the fight scenes were overall better than in the movie, as well, and some of the fight scenes are alternate takes so it's like a whole new scene.

I think I had very high expectations for Platinum, at least for the body suit zako. I just don't like the way the camera follows the zako when they go down, it ruins the flow of the fight, and you just see the other zako and even sometimes the hero standing there while the camera lingers on the shaking, twitching body before she passes out. They do that in all their movies, but I thought it was done way too much in Tango. Not to mention all the close ups of their crotch and other body parts. I don't care if that stuff is in the movie, like I said, I understand they're trying to appeal to as many people as possible, but at least put that stuff in after all the zako have been defeated, this way, the flow of the fight or battle can go on without disruption. And let's see the henchgirls go down and stay down more.

I may post more thoughts as I go through this movie. There is just a lot of stuff, which is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
How would you guys rate the Female Combatants movies since they rebooted the series?

Death March Part One
Bandobure 2
Death March Part Two
Platinum Tango
Bolero 2
Bolero
Bandobure
Superheroine In Grave Danger Vol. 46

All these movies have at least a few scenes I enjoy, my favorites being DM1, DM2, Bandobure, so far, and maybe Platinum Tango, but that one is too new.

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
No one???

Has anyone ever ordered these movies on DVD? It seems you can only order them through the Japanese sites, not the English ones. I wonder if they would ship outside of Japan.

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
I'm still working my way through Tango. I'll talk about it with you when I get through it. :)

As for the others, honestly, my list is probably pretty close to yours. I'd have Bolero 1 higher, and Bolero 2 right down near the bottom-- I never watched the whole thing, admittedly, I just found it really poorly put together.

I think mine would probably go:

Death March Part 1
Bolero
Platinum Tango
Bandobure
Bandobure 2
Death March Part 2 (too many rape scenes)
Bolero 2 (Just plain boring. Girls weren't as attractive or fit, outfits looked cheap, etc)

R

Rando

Hey there, mind if you reposted the videos? The WeTransfer links are no good. Thanks!
-EDIT-
Oh, sorry, I meant to ask Secteur-X7 for the cosplay videos. Sorry, and thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Minion

Master of this Domain
I still haven't seen Female Combatants, Death March. I'll be returning to the UK next week for a holiday, so I have a lot of buying and downloading to catch up on. Can't wait.

Anyone heard about a movie called M.E.R.A.?
M.A.R.R.A (2014) - IMDb

Apparently it centers around a power struggle in an "all female crime organization"

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
Check this out! Steve Noir?s ?Gang Thang 5: Tool Girls? (Now Available!) ? Heroine Movies

First off, you guys might like the Gang Thang series, though it's not for me (the henchwomen win, the heroine loses).

However, a couple of guys are pushing for the producer of that movie to make a similar themed movie, but with some of the female thugs getting knocked out before the heroine has to lose eventually, as that's the theme of the Gang Thang series (heroine loss). I'm thinking about leaving a comment about agreeing that the heroine should take out a few members of the female gang, but have them identicallhy dressed, if possible. If a few more people comment (you don't have to 'sign up'), then the producer will see there is an audience for henchwomen/thugs losing, and maybe will make our requests a reality.

D

Deleted member 687

Here's another zako film by Chris Corner. The outfits and some of the scenarios were inspired by me.
"Rogue Agent Down"
http://nicheclips.com/43/clips/files/preview_files/rogue_agent_down_prev.jpg

New York Colocation Services - TurnKey Colocation

Forgot to mention that Chris said that it's a 'test' movie in prepaation for a bigger project in the summer. SO more good things to look forward to.

I wish I could buy a digital download of that. Never bought from nicheclips because you need a mailing address. Is there anywhere I can buy a digital version of this?

xbeagle

Avid Affiliate
Danny James is right. In fact no kills at all. The ladies get beaten but they keep coming back for more. Only actual demise is at the end and its done rather quickly - short mass machine-gunning, plant bomb and whole cast disappears in a fire ball. Otherwise this is fun: schoolmistress fed up with unruly class turns to the dark side and turns them all into minions, who take on the forces of Good represented by three guys in camo and motorbike helmets. Girls are pretty and keen, costumes nice (legs covered this time) action and camera work fine. But if you like to see your zakos (zakoes, zaki, zakoi, zakae?) getting it often then this is not the film for you.

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
There is also a nice short scene with 2 zako getting KO'd and thrown onto a banister, with a long pan on the two knocked out minions. But yea, this wasn't the movie for me. This movie is definitely not like Bandobure 2 or Death March. Those are the best Female Combatants movies IMO. I give them credit for mixing up the scenarios in the new Bandobure 3, but the lack of defeats, KO's or kills, is disappointing. This one was also shorter than the last few movies. Perhaps this was a smaller project, but I still don't know why they kept getting up, something to do with the zako leader's powers? It's too bad, because I liked that they brought back the Bandobure 2 outfit, especially without the belt for the first fight scenes.

I hope they bring back whoever made Bandobure 2 and Death March. I prefer the fight scenes from those movies.

Speaking of fight scenes, I am under the impression that most of you guys are into these movies for the fight scenes mainly, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.