My Original (?) Zako Story (Story Layout & Characters Completed, suggestion welcome) (1 Viewer)

ran

Club Regular
These'll work for the TKD girl! I'll redesign her!
Feel free to design as you like, I am just trying to differentiate different type of martial artists, may TKD girls will wear long sleeve jackets while Karate girls will wear sleeveless jackets, all undecided yet.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Feel free to design as you like, I am just trying to differentiate different type of martial artists, may TKD girls will wear long sleeve jackets while Karate girls will wear sleeveless jackets, all undecided yet.

Hmm... good idea
I already have sleeveless gis in mind for karatekas

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

Like this, right?
It's already long-sleeved, but I leave Denise's sports bra version as an alt
Koikatu-2023-06-02-16-27-15-Render.png Koikatu-2023-06-02-16-28-02-Render.png

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Yeah, Taekwondo uses legs more so it is better to expose them. Your design looks more modern in comparison to the dojo dress.

I try to make them look a bit more modern in contrast of the more "traditional" looking judokas and karatekas, and the more "rural" looking Muay Thai kickboxers

Expect judokas with long-sleeved gis and karatekas with short-sleeved or open gis with sarashi/bandage bra underneath.

To-do list:
- Karatekas
- Judokas
- Sumo wrestlers
And the rest is probably O osw 's but I'm always open for new ideas like my boxer and MMA fighter proposal, or maybe helping out a bit on non-martial artist zakos.

ran

Club Regular
Interest comes first, you can check the #2 zako proposal and state your idea about zako, including adding new ones!

For TKD girls, will you put more details on them, just word descriptions or further modelling?
For Judokas, I think they can look less aggressive due to their fighting style. Their gis may be thicker and looser compared to Karatekas.
For Karatekas, I made a commission of zako from a Korean beat'em up games. The picture might inspire you. In addition, because the 1P is a Karateka as well. I am not sure whether to make 1P and zako Karateka look similar or opposite.

Karatekas.jpg
For female boxers, my idea for differentiation is: using African appearance (hope no SJW coming for this) and boxing only as fighting style, no kicking or grappling.
For MMA fighter, my idea is designing a boss so you can use more personalised setting. It would also be good if you can differentiate them as zako from other zako.

Above are my thoughts, please let me know your thoughts.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Interest comes first, you can check the #2 zako proposal and state your idea about zako, including adding new ones!

For TKD girls, will you put more details on them, just word descriptions or further modelling?
For Judokas, I think they can look less aggressive due to their fighting style. Their gis may be thicker and looser compared to Karatekas.
For Karatekas, I made a commission of zako from a Korean beat'em up games. The picture might inspire you. In addition, because the 1P is a Karateka as well. I am not sure whether to make 1P and zako Karateka look similar or opposite.

For female boxers, my idea for differentiation is: using African appearance (hope no SJW coming for this) and boxing only as fighting style, no kicking or grappling.
For MMA fighter, my idea is designing a boss so you can use more personalised setting. It would also be good if you can differentiate them as zako from other zako.

CAFUx90.png

This for the boxer zako?
Looks pretty neat IMO especially the 2nd one from the top row
I already made something like this on Koikatsu, just need some fixes

My idea is the ability for the player to kick away/crack her headgear in order to knock her out with a roundhouse kick.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

For TKD girls, I'm fine with the current design
For Judokas, I agree with that. They'll look slighty more feminine than the tomboyish karatekas
For Karatekas, that's the sleeveless gi I'm talking about BTW. It'll look like that girl, but with a brown hair and white gi.

As for the MMA fighter, yes it will be a boss. Most likely reusing my OC Shauna Mendez. She will be assisted by muay thai kickboxers, some boxers and TKD fighters in the boss battle!

ran

Club Regular
CAFUx90.png

This for the boxer zako?
Looks pretty neat IMO especially the 2nd one from the top row
I already made something like this on Koikatsu, just need some fixes

My idea is the ability for the player to kick away/crack her headgear in order to knock her out with a roundhouse kick.
She looks nice. Waiting to see your work!

The headgear is also a good idea. Actually, I never considered the female zako's protective gear can be removed/destroyed before.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
She looks nice. Waiting to see your work!

The headgear is also a good idea. Actually, I never considered the female zako's protective gear can be removed/destroyed before.

I had that idea in mind. BTW, do you have Discord?

If so, I'll send you my Discord ID via PMs, so we can chat more about this project and hopefully I can help you out a lot.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
This post is about zako setting and their artwork. For the zako proposed categories, I may edit, add or remove them in the future.
Format of zako setting:
Title: The principle when designing the zako
Introduction: Zako's brief background
Gameplay: How the zako performs in the game, including their move sets and AI.
Counter: The method to defeat the zako
Statistics: Level from low to high EDCBAS, E is for the ordinary girl while S is supernatural.
Attack: Damage power when hitting the enemy
Defence: Combination of the character's ability to block enemy attacks and the character's wearing's ability to protect
Health: HP of the character, how much damage the character can take before being defeated
Agility: The character's ability to move and react against enemy movement

Thug Type Zako
This type of zako are ordinally girls who are not prepared to fight to death. Therefore, the heroine will also spare them.
-Female High School Student
-Rebel Girl
-Roller Skating Girl
-Yoga Girl

Security Type Zako
This type of zako are widely employed by different factions. They are skilled in self-defence.
-Maid
-Waitress
Title: “Big Sister who wants to show off her healthy figure but has to dress modestly due to her security job”

Introduction: Trained female security guards, compared to their primary task of protection, they are more willing and eager to engage as combatants and fight against their employers’ enemies.

Gameplay: The first professional female zakos the heroine encountered. Improved in all aspects in comparison with previous female zakos. Can use a T-shaped staff to increase attack range.

Counter: Still easy to handle just like previous female zakos

Attack: D, capable of reaching C with the use of a T-shaped staff.

Defense: B, well-equipped with protective gear and skilled at blocking.

Health: D, slightly stronger than an average girl.

Agility: C, received qualified combat training.

View attachment 146293

-Female bodyguard

Police Type Zako
These female fighters excel at grappling and can effectively intimidate the heroine, reducing her combat effectiveness. The heroine will not take their lives.
-Female Patrol
-Riot Policewoman
-Female Inspector

Sino Type Zako
These female fighters have internal energy 'Chi' cultivated through the practice of Chinese martial arts and be healed by Female Knight-Errant.
Title: "Stereotypical image of Chinese girls, Kung Fu beauties in Qipao with revealing cleavage and thighs."

Introduction: Female fighters who use Chinese Kung Fu. With their combat prowess, they have performed exceptionally well in various situations, gaining widespread recognition. They long for putting up a good fight against formidable opponents.

Gameplay: These female zako pose more of a challenge in the middle stages of the game. They do not have any significant weaknesses, possess a strong desire to attack, and can effectively confront the heroine. They have a variety of moves, excel in blocking and maneuvering, and are not easily suppressed by the heroine. Battles with them often result in back-and-forth exchanges.

Counter: Their attributes are not particularly outstanding, so it is best to act as diverse as them and utilize the heroine's numerical advantages to overpower them. While they can be formidable as individuals, their overall combat effectiveness does not significantly improve when they fight as a group. Knocking one enemy away with a strike can also be effective against others.

Attack: B - They execute Kung Fu attacks that are quite effective.

Defense: C - They lack armour but have good blocking abilities.

Health: B - Their martial arts practising bodies can withstand higher levels of damage.

Agility: B - These girls possess above-average agility.
View attachment 146623
View attachment 146624
View attachment 146625

Title: "Clad in short-sleeved traditional Chinese attire suitable for combat and mobility."

Introduction: These skilled female martial artists utilize the power of Chinese Qigong, combining their slender and graceful appearance with an inner strength that surpasses their delicate exterior.

Gameplay: They often appear alongside other Sino Type female zako. While their base attributes are average, they possess the ability to channel their energy to enhance their attacks or defense for a limited time. They can also use their Qi to heal themselves and other Sino Type female Zako. They excel in prolonged battles. Although the process of channelling energy and healing takes time, the effects are significant, and neglecting to address them promptly can lead to considerable trouble.

Counter: Engage them before they complete their energy channelling or healing process.

Attack: C, temporarily increases to A when Qi is channelled.

Defense: C, temporarily increases to A when Qi is channelled.

Health: C, average among martially skilled girls, but they can heal themselves through Qi manipulation.

Agility: A, exhibiting agile and nimble movements.
View attachment 146412
View attachment 146413

-Female Monk

Martial Arts Type Zako (Yeah, I proposed many types of martial artists due to @ Tsukachan Tsukachan , the progress depends on his inspirations)
These female fighters enjoy engaging in one-on-one battles with the heroine, determining life and death through their fights.
-Female Taekwondo Fighter
-Female Judoka

Title: "Wild and tough Southeast Asian with strong legs and toned physique."

Introduction: Ruthless underground Muay Thai practitioners from Southeast villages and slums, the battle is everything to them. Being trained in the arts of Eight Limbs, they are swift in using kicks and leg strikes, taking opponent lives in the ring and outside of it.

Gameplay: Aggressive female fighters, adept at close-quarters combat with powerful elbow strikes, knee strikes, and grappling techniques. They can perform devastating chain moves: grapple her and knee her in her stomach before finishing her off with a roundhouse kick.

Counter: Be cautious when in close proximity. The heroine who excels in grappling can grapple and take a Muay Thai Boxer down or counterattack once a Muay Thai Boxer grabs hold of her. The heroine who is skilled in striking can maintain a distance of one or two body lengths and unleash their attacks, rendering the close-range female Muay Thai fighters ineffective.

Attack: A, skilled in fighting and their knee strikes are very deadly

Defence: C, pretty swift to block the player's attacks using their hands, despite their outfit

Health: B, trained in professional physical conditioning, especially in harsh jungles and humid climates

Agility: A, quick movements and swift attacks especially kicks
View attachment 146396
View attachment 146410

-Female Karateist

Yamato Type Zako
These female fighters are skilled in using Japanese-style cold weapons and have higher attack power.

Title: "Refreshing, dignified, traditional, and fiercely combative Yamato women."
Introduction: These female samurai uphold the spirit of Bushido. They dedicate themselves to the practice of swordsmanship, honing their minds and bodies, in order to fight for their master until their lives scatter like cherry blossoms.

Gameplay: They are highly skilled female zako with strong abilities in direct confrontation. They possess three forms: sword, kodachi, and unarmed. When their current weapon is broken or destroyed, they switch to the next one. When using a sword, their attacks and attack range are considerable, and their blocking ability is strong. When using a kodachi, they excel in close-quarters combat, inflicting significant damage to the protagonist who attempts close-range grappling. When unarmed, their attack power decreases, but their attack range is restored.

Counter: Their attack patterns are somewhat rigid, and they have slow movement speeds. They can perform running attacks or flank their opponents to attack from behind. For the heroine who excels in weapon destruction, it is advisable to quickly disarm the female samurai of her sword and kodachi, significantly reducing the threat.

Attack: A (C when unarmed)

Defense: B, they wear armor and have good blocking ability

Health: B, they can withstand a considerable amount of damage

Agility: D, their movements are slower compared to most female fighters
View attachment 146291
-Kunoichi
-Female Archer
-Sumo Warrior

Mob Type Zako (I do not like them, like putting them here due to the story)
These female fighters have a strong desire for destruction and are adept at using everyday objects in combat.
-Punk Girl
-Bartender Girl
-DJ Girl
-Female Biker

Military Type Zako
These female fighters are professional warriors directly affiliated with final boss Catherine's private forces, Valhalla and have excellent coordination and combat abilities.
Title: "Female soldiers with a mix of seriousness and eagerness, their camouflage uniforms hiding bodies full of vitality."

Description: These female fighters are the bulk of Catherine's private forces, Valhalla, who have completed formal military training. They rely not on individual strength but on joint cooperation and disciplined obedience to complete their missions.

Gameplay: While serving as grunts, those female fighters have more than just numbers. Incremental changes lead to qualitative transformations. Unlike other female zako, the military type female fighters, possess excellent teamwork skills. They often appear in large numbers and can perform various coordinated maneuvers, such as synchronized attacks, catching their teammates to prevent collisions, or grappling with the heroine as a group.

Counter: Avoid them when they attack in groups. Individually, their combat abilities are average, and they lack blocking skills. Swift and decisive strikes can break their formations and reduce their numbers.

Attack: C, simple and direct attacks
Defense: D, average defense and weak blocking capabilities
Health: C, standard level for female warriors
Agility: C, move fast but react slowly
View attachment 146710
View attachment 146711

Title: "Fully equipped with no trace of fabric, sturdy materials tightly adhered to their healthy skin."

Introduction: Valhala's female fighters, well-trained and equipped with sturdy armour, charge forward and are willing to fight until their last breath. Good training gives them not only good fighting skills but also a robust body, with full protective armour closely attached to their skins, those female fighters can survive much longer when confronting the heroine.

Gameplay: They are the standard type of grunts that appear in large numbers later in the game. Their defensive capabilities have significantly improved compared to earlier female zakos, and they have a strong desire to attack. However, their main role is to serve as meat shields to distract the heroine and create opportunities for more elite zakos and female bosses. When their numbers are high, they can pose a certain threat to the heroine.

Counter: Use aggressive attacks to control and reduce their numbers. Attacking their abdomen with mid-range moves can effectively break through their defence. Do not get caught up fighting them and neglect other enemies.

Attack: C, attacks are direct and effective, but simple.
Defence: A, sturdy armour provides good defence, and shields are useful for blocking.
Health: A, can withstand a significant amount of damage.
Agility: B, fast for armoured personnel

View attachment 146664
View attachment 146411
View attachment 146393

Title: "Cold and alluring female assassins in sleek V-neck bodysuits."

Introduction: Female operatives of Cahterine's private forces, Valhalla, who serve as the elite forces. They are rare but highly skilled. They navigate through the steel jungle under the cover of darkness, efficiently and ruthlessly carrying out various missions. When needed on the battlefield, they strike as the final blow.

Gameplay: Elite female zako on the level of mini-bosses. They possess good dagger skills, high kicking power and are skilled in joint locks. Their exclusive skill is the use of rope darts, which they employ to quickly immobilize objects or the ceiling in the environment. This allows them to escape from being repeatedly struck by the heroine and enables coordinated attacks. For example, one can engage the heroine head-on while another approach from behind for a surprise attack, or one can use the rope dart to grab the heroine and bring them closer while the other launches an assault.

Counter: They generally appear in pairs, but the player can focus on dealing with one at a time. When the female operatives take out their rope darts and aim, they cannot move or attack. This presents an opportunity for the player to launch an attack, and a powerful knockdown attack can even interrupt the process of the female operative using the rope dart.

Attack: A, swift and deadly attacks
Defense: C, can block but lacks protection
Health: A, resilient with a strong vitality
Agility: A, agile and nimble in movement.
View attachment 146744
View attachment 146745

Title: "Adorable appearance, professional attire, and a vexing little demon in battle."

Introduction: Nurses in Valhalla frequently engage in battles alongside female fighters. Their abilities go beyond simply extending the lives of female fighters; they also make them more deadly.

Gameplay: They can provide various forms of assistance to female fighters. Nurses can spray emergency aerosols to heal injured female fighters and restore their health. The combination of female nurses and female boss is therefore extremely dangerous. They can also administer on-site injections of stimulants to enhance the female fighters' attack power, resilience, or reflexes. Furthermore, nurses have the ability to revive fallen female fighters using electric shocks, allowing them to rejoin the battle. Revived female fighters will remain unconscious for a period of time, and their maximum health will be reduced compared to before the revival. When a nurse is defeated, she drops a significant amount of life-restoring emergency aerosols, serving as a primary source of replenishment in the later stages of the game.

Counter: Nurses have no combat abilities except for occasional basic resistance using defibrillators. By bypassing the other female fighters, they can be swiftly defeated. Nurses are particularly vulnerable when administering injections and performing cardiac resuscitation for the female fighters.

Attack: E - Basic attacks have minimal damage.
Defence: E - No protection or blocking capability.
Health: C - Possess a body trained through military exercises.
Agility: C - Possess agility honed through military training.

View attachment 146665
View attachment 146508

Amercia Type Zako
These female fighters have tall and robust physiques.
Title: "Healthy and sexy, foot fetishist Latin enthusiasts who make their short lives shine brightly."

Introduction: Female fighters who perform Capoeira dance, they are passionate and face battles on the edge of life and death with a smiling face in the joyful rhythm.

Gameplay: Female fighters with both strength and agility, excelling in leg techniques. When other enemies play music, their attacks synchronize with the music and become stronger.

Counter: They are prone to losing balance when executing moves, so knocking them down and following up with attacks is an effective strategy.

Attack: C, focuses on rhythmic moves
Defence: D, lacks protection
Health: B, trained in professional physical conditioning
Agility: A, quick movements and swift attacks
View attachment 146292

-Cowgirl
-Female Wrestler

Tech Type Zako
These female fighters rely on the power of advanced technology and possess combat abilities beyond human limits.
-Rabbit Beast Girl
-Fox Beast Girl
-Tiger Beast Girl
-Tech Female Fighter
-Tech Kunoichi
-Tech Female Agent

Alright, the female karateka and judoka are done!!

Here's the female karateka (OC name: Hikaru Hanabishi), a tomboyish yet hot-blooded fighter from Okinawa with a well-toned body and a slightly tanned appearance. She's a tough fighter, and refuses to lose against Ran.
Koikatu-2023-06-03-11-15-45-Render.png

And also the female judoka (OC name: Marina Hanabishi). Unlike Hikaru, she's less of a hot-blooded fighter and slightly more calmer. She excels in grappling and throwing her opponents, and she's slightly more durable than Hikaru since she's a bit more muscular than her. However, when she gets pissed after losing like 75% of her health, she enters her enraged mode, where she opens her gi and becomes even more angrier than before. In this state, she'll become slightly more faster, but thanks to her rage she can't aim properly. Like Hikaru, Marina's a tomboy too and slightly tanned as well, being that both siblings are from Okinawa.
Koikatu-2023-06-03-11-14-54-Render.png Koikatu-2023-06-03-11-21-13-Render.png

Descriptions for Denise, Hikaru and Marina coming soon, hopefully today!
Hope this helps!

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Triple deluxe for today
Descriptions for TKD fighters, judokas and karatekas

TKD fighter
Title: "Excelling in kicks with their flexible legs and their knowledge of Korean martial arts"
Introduction: Youngsters with knowledge in taekwondo, with well-trained legs. They excel in kicking and countering their enemies with their legs and their speed are almost par on ninjas
Gameplay: TKD fighters tend to fight alongside their fellow martial artists. They attack using swift kicks and they can dodge the player's attacks quickly. If the players are not careful, they can be overwhelmed by them
Counter: Despite their swift movements, TKD fighters has the lowest health out of the martial artists. Once exhausted, they can be easily taken out before they regain their stamina. Pinning them down will weaken them even more as they struggle, since their outfits are pretty tight

Attack: A, very skilled and intelligent
Defense: C, pretty swift to dodge the players' attacks, but their reliance on speed and intelligence costed their defense
Health: C, Compared to other martial artists, TKD fighters are slightly weaker since they depend more on speed
Agility: A, quick movements and swift attacks especially kicks

Karateka
Title: "Hot-blooded tomboys with expertise in traditional Japanese martial arts"
Introduction: Tomboyish fighters from Okinawa, clad in sleeveless gis. These girls are pretty brutal on the fields and can prove to be a worthy opponent to the player thanks to their martial arts. They won't go down easily without a fight, and they will fight until they fall.
Gameplay: Using their karate expertise, they attack using swift punches and kicks, and sometimes a flurry of combos. They rarely come in groups, but if they do, it's gonna be a nuisance
Counter: If the player reacts carefully to their flurry of punches and kicks, they may outmanuver them and even bring them down in a few bouts. But be careful, they're very skilled!

Attack: A, very skilled yet pretty strong-willed
Defense: B, quick to block opponents' attacks and relies less on dodging
Health: B, pretty well-toned physically, thanks to their training
Agility: A, quick yet cunning and deals lots of damage if not careful

Judoka
Title: "Masters of throws and grabs with hatred for failure"
Introduction: Tomboyish fighters from Okinawa, same like the karatekas but they excel in Judo. These girls appear to be harmless at first thanks to their slightly feminine appearance compared to the karatekas, judokas and even the Muay Thai and TKD fighters, but they can grapple the player down, or even hurl them across the area. Inside them, is a burning rage. Should they fail to grapple their enemies, they will become enraged.
Gameplay: Judokas grapple and throws the player. They can be easily dodged, but do not dodge them to much. If the player does, judokas will enter their hot-blooded/enraged mode. They will untie their gis, revealing their toned yet sweaty bodies and a sarashi/bandage tube top covering their ample breasts. They will become even more angrier than before, and will attempt to blindly grapple the player. In this state, they deal more damage, but they will easily miss the player.
Counter: Judokas are the slowest among the martial artists. They can be easily beaten up after dodging their grapples, and in their rage mode, they can be easily defeated, but beware of their grabs. Also, their hot-blooded mode has an exceptionally slippery yet sweaty skin, which makes them hard to grapple back. Kicks, punches and even environmental takedowns can be used against them.

Attack: B, focusing more on grapples and throws
Defense: D, they rarely dodge and block the players
Health: B, pretty well-toned physically, thanks to their training
Agility: D, the slowest among martial artists

ran

Club Regular
I am encouraged to see that some of my character setting appear in other's works:

It would be much better if this guy could put reference to my work, as he already stated inspired by several other works.

In addition, I found an error when trying to edit my previous post or upload new images. If this error continues to exist, I will post the new content in new posts.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I am encouraged to see that some of my character setting appear in other's works:

It would be much better if this guy could put reference to my work, as he already stated inspired by several other works.

In addition, I found an error when trying to edit my previous post or upload new images. If this error continues to exist, I will post the new content in new posts.

I hope the admins of Undertow fixes this, and I hope this is temporary. For now, you can post the pics on new posts. When it's fixed, just delete them and add them to the old post.

It worked in my side so far.

ran

Club Regular
Again, I encounter system problems when uploading new pictures. Although they are not full sized.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Again, I encounter system problems when uploading new pictures. Although they are not full sized.
Problem has been reported to site gurus. Uploading to a host site and then linking to the image still works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.