WWE series (3 Viewers)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Speaking of wrestling

Is there any thread here that mentions the moves and submissions that has some kind of sticky situation or torture or struggling , Examples are the bearhug , the "Glamslam" , the "Implant buster" , the "sleeper hold" and my favorite submission the modified "Pin Up strong" of natalya

The only reason I watch Women wrestling in WWE now is to watch the Divas fall victims to the Glam Slam , I love their squirming and struggling when Beth traps and tortures them when she holds them up high and fortunately WWE 12 has that animation nicely , The same applies to the implant buster although it is a great shame that kharma was released from WWE

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Okay well it seems to be slightly edited from when I first posted it... AJ Lee is listed as DLC. So there's one down.

ANd it does list Stephanie McMahon. If she is in wrestling gear and not a suit... I've got to admit, that is a huge positive.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

View attachment 36486

I've never played a WWE game. Is there any sort of outfit customization at all?

There was Superstar Threads the last couple years, where you get to edit the colours of the wrestlers' pre-made costumes, but as far as actually changing them, that hasn't been doable for a long time.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I didn't expect that so many of you still care for this series since they removed the mixed fights.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I didn't expect that so many of you still care for this series since they removed the mixed fights.

There's still some enjoyment to be had in good ol' fashioned F/F matches, but yes, the exclusion of mixed really took a lot of the appeal out of it. I haven't purchased a WWE game since...2009, I think. I have no regrets whatsoever.

Face-Kick

Potential Patron
There's still some enjoyment to be had in good ol' fashioned F/F matches, but yes, the exclusion of mixed really took a lot of the appeal out of it. I haven't purchased a WWE game since...2009, I think. I have no regrets whatsoever.

Likewise. The games were already hugely limited with how few match styles the equally few female wrestlers could actually be used in. Once the games lost the mixed match option too, that was me done with 'em.

ramallo

Potential Patron
wwe 13 - considerations

Hello guys , i have plenty of questions.
1 - WWE 13 allow intergender matches?
2 - I've heard that customization will be heavily improved. What do you think?
3 - Will you buy it ?

see ya guys

ps. sorry for new topic , but didn't find old one.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
1. No. They removed those for a reason. Not going to happen, absolutely not.

2. I haven't heard anything about that, but then again I don't believe a thing that falls out of Bryan WIlliams' or Corey Ledesma's mouths. Bullshit artists of the highest order.

3. I am not, I am getting it as an early Christmas present. So it better not fucking suck like WWE'12 did.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I went off WWE games a very long time ago. Putting Ryona value aside, I just don't think they are good wrestling games personally. I was tempted for a lil while by the whole Attitude aspect of it, but a lot of the wrestlers kinda looked rushed and more like CAW's then their actual selves and what not and I was put off. I never really rated the CAW mode anyway in WWE as I just think the wrestlers you make don't fit in at all to the graphics of the rest of the game. I'll probably stick to Fire Pro Wrestling which really had a nice solid system wrestling game wise, and probably keep to Rumble Roses XX since I think that's better ryona wise then WWE 13 with Intergrader matches forever banished.

I don't know if I'm getting cynical with my old age being on the wrong end of twenty and just not liking things as much these days, or if the WWE games just ain't that good.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Definitely the second one. WWE'12 was a disaster and their patch not only fixed nothing of value, it introduced MORE problems, and the only thing it fixed was the CAW layer thing where you could put designs on the crotch/breasts (to make CAWs in their real gear instead of shitty stuff.) And even then people found a way around that too.

Suffice to say I have no doubt this is THQ's last game before they go out of business, and frankly it can't come soon enough for me. Just Google "Corey Ledesma used games" and you'll see why.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster

2009 was the last with mixed matches and was a pretty good game imo. I hate the loss of mix matches :/ not even just for ryona. It was fun making a badass chick and having her kick the crap outta people like undertaker

on the used game thing. Yeah it is SO weird developers would not be happy that they do not get money for their product. Psh even weirder them making things need a code to get people to buy a game new so the company get's the money. It's almost like it's a business. Silly right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The game gets bought new, that's their money. If you sell a car, the guys who made it don't show up and demand $2000 or the guy you sold it to can't turn left. It's fucking ridiculous, and only in the video game industry would anyone have the balls to even try that, let alone whine like a bitch about it like he did. It's okay though, their stock becomes more and more worthless every day, it's only a matter of time before the grand toilet flushes them down the drain.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
publishers jew the shit out of people and everyone eats it up. it's sadly not new and has been going on for most this generation, but if you try to mention it you're just "AN OLD GUY LIVING IN THE PAST".

it's sad, really.

anyways, i really wish i had a console because fuck do i have a thing for Lita.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
lol, well, while I might not use the term "jew the shit out of people" myself, it's rather refreshing to hear someone not afraid to tell it like it is. The whole "online pass code" is greedy entitled bullshit, and nothing more, and in absolutely no other business model will you find used things not functioning fully unless you pay the guys who made it more money.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
probably not the best term, but whatever. the excuses they make are also pretty hilarious, but this is getting way off topic and i have nothing to add other then i'm angry i don't own a console. that, and for some reason there will never be a 360 emulator. i'd like to try the newer WWE games and RRXX

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
"someone who isn't afriad to tell it like it is" actually a lot of people say that. That being said the car market and game market are two different things. Hell each market for each product type has it's own market with different sets of thoughts and rules that go into it. For the used market it's mainly a two fold issue. One is some people who never buy new and pirteing. Hell when Vita was announced some people bitched because it would be harder to pirate. These same people then bitch when games do not do well sales wise but get a fan base later and wonder why no new games are made. As an example: Megaman Legends 2 did TERRIBLE back in the day and was over looked(it was also given a pretty good budget) The game years later picked up popularity and is probably why getting them to make Legends 3 is a bitch in a half(which is annoying to me cause I was and still am a big fan of the series)

that being said there is the flip side. Like the people who keep buying final fantasy games even though they are bad and think if ONE fails they will stop the series...which is not true one fails Square will actually listen to fans since it is all they fuckin make anymore

ok on topic:
I am not getting this game. Looking at it gameplay wise(I youtubed gameplay) it looks like more of the same from WWE13 and I hated 12 so yeah no thanks. I will wait and hope this series gets good again(though I am not betting on it)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
It won't. This is it for THQ, I am sure. Like I said, their stock is becoming more and more like toilet paper every day and it's starting to head to the same place, too.

Me, I am sold on Special Referee mode alone. I fucking love that, and it's back in WWE'13. Good times here.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Special Ref is back!? That I do like, but again my favorite thing was making a roster full of men and women and having them battle. So I may just stick to 2009 2006 and any before 06. They are more fun for me. Hopefully if THQ goes into the toilet a better company will na...wait, I gotta bad feeling it will be activision or EA....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT IS WORSE

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
yeah, two companies I have heard ready to take over the WWE license are EA and 2K. Either of which would cause me to laugh and never touch a new WWE game again. ESPECIALLY EA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.