WWE series (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The only way to have competition in wrestling video games is to have competition in Real world wrestling and sadly Yukes and WWE are two faces of the same coin with no competition against them , If say TNA was bigger than it was today then other developers may take the risk to make games for them but at the current situation we will be stuck forever with WWE and Yukes combo until a strong wrestling federation appears to compete with WWE and what make it worse is that WWE is happy with the current sales and feels comfortable to work with Yukes

the only for new thing to appear is if a developer takes PES as an example for avoiding licenses , For example The Undertaker could be simply Taker , Triple H could be 3H , John Cena Could be Jake Cena and so on and rely on fan patches just like what PES is doing to compete with FIFA

Last edited by a moderator:

KiLlEr CrOc

Potential Patron
While Yukes is the main Wrestling game developer, EA had a hand in making UFC Undisputed and Midway made TNA iMPACT.

The problem with Yukes is that they release a game every year and kinda fall under the CoD mindset of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it". If Yukes had more time between their WWE title releases they would probably be a higher quality and more expansive.

Yukes would also probably go out of business if they did not have WWE game to make. Even though they develop it it was owned by THQ and then 2K. They just have Yukes "externally develop" it as 2K has their own projects to deal with. Also due to the yearly releases WWE2k14 was probably in development before WWE '13 was released. So uder 2K the earliest we would see change would probably be in WWE 2K15

maxmandude

Potential Patron
But to be honest, what kind of benefit would there be to actually changing anything to the core game if like you said it's not broken? Making change for the sake of change is not a good idea at all, especially in such a market as the video game market.

As a side note, I truly wonder how anyone could say that there was nothing worthwhile in this current generation...

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
But to be honest, what kind of benefit would there be to actually changing anything to the core game if like you said it's not broken? Making change for the sake of change is not a good idea at all, especially in such a market as the video game market.

I agree to a point. As I said, the game mechanics at their core are fine. I personally wouldn't want to see that changed. What I wish to see changed, are the smaller, yet considerable flaws in certain aspects that have been around in Yukes WWE games for years, yet haven't been addressed for whatever reason.

As a side note, I truly wonder how anyone could say that there was nothing worthwhile in this current generation...

Because The Internet views the past with nostalgia, and absolutely hates anything to change ever. If you share this train of thought, The Hivemind will perceive you as a free-thinking individual, and not a corporate blindfolded zombie.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
you're taking it a bit too far. it's not a hivemind, there just aren't many console exclusives that made me go WOAH MAN, I GOTTA BUY A 360/PS3. about the only game i feel i legitimately missed out on is Red Dead. nothing else is overly appealing, especially the ones i've went out of my way to play at a friend's house or something.

maybe i just don't know the names of these super awesome games, so feel free to enlighten me, but after playing all the usual ones listed, i don't have a huge feeling that i'm missing anything what so ever.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
you're taking it a bit too far. it's not a hivemind, there just aren't many console exclusives that made me go WOAH MAN, I GOTTA BUY A 360/PS3. about the only game i feel i legitimately missed out on is Red Dead. nothing else is overly appealing, especially the ones i've went out of my way to play at a friend's house or something.

maybe i just don't know the names of these super awesome games, so feel free to enlighten me, but after playing all the usual ones listed, i don't have a huge feeling that i'm missing anything what so ever.

If you asked me that question 3 years ago, I could've given you a list of at least 50. Now that I have a decent lappy? maybe 10. Most of them fighting games. But anyways......

TL;DR
OK, I didn't mean to single out your post with my remark, but I kinda understand why it might have been read that way. What I mean by the internet hivemind-at least as far as gaming's concerned, is that almost everything that's not made by Valve(coz apparently it's taboo to talk bad about them) is met with extreme nostalgia for the past, matched with an equal measure of hatred for the present. Some of it deserved, but alot of it not. And it's everywhere. In news articles, on reviews, it's especially strong around those popular angry youtubers, who whip the masses into a frenzy every chance they get. Even on here, the most chilled out of forums people suddenly hulk out upon any mention of teh vidya.

Rants vary in top and in the level of online vitriol throw up, but the underlying message seems to be this: "Everything new sucks balls, everyone who makes this stuff are money hungry dickbags! True gamers stay in the golden age, and if you like this new stuff, you are a casual scrub faggot who supports corporate greed, and an enemy of gaming!" And if you dare take a direct, or even a roundabout stand against this mindset, well ye be fucked bro.......

For me, it's gotten to a point where I find this mindset to be genuinely irksome. How someone can jump on the net, say the most, ill-informed hateful crap(in general, just to clear that up), and not only not face any reprimand, but actually receive praise and admiration. I get that not every game one plays will be an absolute flawless gem, but still.......

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
That has always bugged me too, Gutter. I always kinda see things in games as their own product. Well unless the game forces me to remember what it is ripping off or inspired from(Freedom Planet is heavily inspired by Sonic The Hedgehog...but that is fine. The demo is really fun) When comparing things of the past we tend to be grabbing at games that may have come out years apart from one another and ignore all the crap between them. It is not fair to compare one generation or usually a year in gaming (and ignoring anything that came out that is good) then compare it to several generations and decades of games. When you compare one to two years of games to 10 years, statistically you ARE going to find more you like.

IDK gamers kinda bug me these days. I'd go into a rant but I have done that a lot lol. Also NO GAME IS FLAWLESS! This includes my personal top 10 games. So I go into a game with one thing and mind. I wanna do X and have fun doing it

maxmandude

Potential Patron
gamers today? They've always been like that (Genesis does what Nintendon't, anyone?) , it's just that the internet both increases the volume and encourages that hivemind mentality, form both sides of the equation (the people that play only mainstream games vs the gamers that only play cultish games). The best you can do is just simply ignore them and play what you want to play, never let their hyperbole get to your head.

mm_mml

Avid Affiliate
Recommend WWE/WWF games

There are a lot of wwe/wwf games but can anyone tell me which of these games allows you to make a male vs female match, has the females moan in pain a lot and maybe has the camera focused on the person in the submission hold instead of the person doing it?

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I think anything before SVR 06 doesn't have moan voices and anything after SVR 09 doesn't have female vs male , so that leaves us with SVR 06 07 08 09

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
06 does not have moans.

If you do not mind no moans Here comes the pain and Shut your Mouth are good. 06 to 09 are good(06 has a sleeper KO move where you see the character fall asleep in the enemy's arms). If you want/prefer Female on female fights 2010 til 11 are good (also if you know what you are doing you can make a very manly looking female I have)

Also Only 07 has female moans when males are VS them sadly

if you want to know which have the best Create a character just let me know

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Smackdown vs Raw 1 and 06 have good ones, 08 and 09 are about the same and are good, 10 is ok, 11 is great(some good stuff was made on the download but the download area is since down. However there are sites that will give you recipes for characters)

07 has a really limited character creation. It for some reason has less parts then 06 or 08. Though I only played the PS2 version. Also one thing it has I like is you can do an attack with the announcer booth there they pull the wire out and choke the opponent

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Ironically , The Wrestlers models in former version like 08 and 09 is better than the models in WWE 12 and WWE 13, If you asked me why then the only persons in the world that had the answers are Yukes themselves

F

FeiEshani

Does anyone still play these games online? I have 08 and 10 for 360 and 09 for PS3 if anyone ever wants to play online :P.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
for what it's worth this is out on PC now and is pretty easily moddable. i don't know shit about scripting/coding but people have already dug the game apart and everything is in lua (i think?) and is apparently pretty easy to mess with if anyone had any interest. there's already been sound/video replacements and a few people messing with textures, and some others were mentioning it wouldn't be out of line to add match types and shit to the game.

it's also apparently running on the same fucking engine that the VERY OLD smackdown games are running and is held together by strings and duct tape which is one of the funniest things i've heard in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.