WWE series (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Big thing for me. The white line around the torso that appears over female wrestlers whenever I try and use a one piece. IS IT STILL THERE?!

You're asking thr wrong guy, I never npticed. That, and I haven't touched CAW mode yet, I've been too busy badly officiating matches.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I am a guy who kinda likes giving my women's full clothing so Imma not happy to hear the white line. Did they bring back the dynamic camera angles for throws and submissions? What modes are in it and what modes can the girls be in. Also IMMA guess you still can't have the women folk and the man folk fight one another

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I am almost certain the women can compete in most of the game modes. They could in WWE12 and I don't see that being restricted... but no, the men and the women cannot fight each other. That's a call from WWE.

By dynamic camera, do you mean where the camera angles in closer to the wrestlers with different shots? Yes, the camera cuts have been in for years.

Good to hear! I have a copy waiting on me to get home in the next few days. Hearing this got me more excited for it! I hope it is actually challenging this time.

uuhhhhhhhh..... >_>

Well, maybe it is because I was playing on Easy or something, but I refereed a match, it was Jack Swagger vs Great Khali. I gave Swagger infinite finishers and Khali none. The first move of the match, Swagger hits a Gutwrench Powerbomb and pins Khali. I stand there looking stupid and letting it happen, and for about 30 seconds, Khali doesn't kick out.

It might have been cause I was on Easy, again, I'm not sure. Legend or whatever it is called may be a different story. Or maybe they just amplified finishers to actually end a match. I know that was a big complaint back in the days and WWE12 was supposed to help address that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Well, maybe it is because I was playing on Easy or something, but I refereed a match, it was Jack Swagger vs Great Khali. I gave Swagger infinite finishers and Khali none. The first move of the match, Swagger hits a Gutwrench Powerbomb and pins Khali. I stand there looking stupid and letting it happen, and for about 30 seconds, Khali doesn't kick out.

It might have been cause I was on Easy, again, I'm not sure. Legend or whatever it is called may be a different story. Or maybe they just amplified finishers to actually end a match. I know that was a big complaint back in the days and WWE12 was supposed to help address that.

Actually this game is a little more challenging than the past games , If you got a finisher really fast before doing enough damage to the opponent then he won't be pinned , I played most of my matches at hard difficulty as Legend difficulty doesn't differ from Hard difficulty aside from the annoying reversing that makes you pull your hair put there is no difference in the intelligence of the AI between hard and legend , I rarely pinned the opponent after the first finisher as I usually have to use two finishers to make him gets pinned or at least like real life makes a lot of damage before getting pinned after the first finisher

But Overall this game is much better than WWE 12 , Better Graphic , Better AI , Better Universe mode with nice stats , records and ranking system , Nostalgic Attitude era mode which represent real life events and matches happened during attitude era , they even had a real life rating chart between WWF Raw is War and WCW Nitro according to timeline betweeb 96 and 2000 and it changes as you progress more to show you how Attitude Era saved WWE in the Monday night War

I wished they could add the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boys , Playing TLC matches with them and E&C would make this game a lot more better , I bet if they were able to put them in the game then a whole chapter could be added for "E&C , Hardyz and the Dudleyz" story starting from the Ladder match at No Mercy 1999 and ending at SummerSlam 2000

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster

____________________________________________________________________________________

The line. It's back.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I can't use tatoos on it. It doesn't relent. I can't get rid of it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

The damn line holds. That damn white line holds! Why does it hold? Why do they persist with that damned white line?!

V

videoblah

I think there's a Tifa CAW on community creations which has been hacked for mixed matches, although it's just a rumour. I will say that the Community creations this year is much better than the year before, allowing to get whole rosters full of various women without having to spend ages in CAW mode trying to get everything exactly right.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I want a hacked CAW with everything maxed (attributes, arm/leg/torso/head health etc.) I mean I never play online anyway, and even if I did, I would never use that online, it'd strictly be for me offline.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
is it just my game, or in tag/handicap matches when your partner grabs them from the apron, you can't attack them anymore? it just defaults into the headbutt or whatever.

masterkof

Potential Patron
I just bought the game yesterday and found that the reverse system really bad. I always get a miss or too fast -.-. Any tips about tat?. Is anyone creating wrestle angels character in the game?

Tali Zorah

Potential Patron
Already got 2 "angels" Eve and Trish :D

Reversing is easy it is always the exact same timing, just keep trying. Wait 1 or 1.5 sec when you see the reverse button before you press the reverse. After that it is always the same timing.

KiLlEr CrOc

Potential Patron
WWE 2K14

Not sure if any of you follow this, or care, but they released a roster (not confirmed) for the new WWE game coming out this year. There are quite a few interesting Superstars and Legends in this year's installment, but I'll stick to the divas:

-AJ Lee (personal favorite)
-Alicia Fox
-Bella Twins
-Kaitlyn
-Layla
-Naomi
-Natalya
-Tamina
-Michelle McCool
-Trish Stratus (shocking -_-)
-Summer Rae
-There's some gossip going around that NXT divas: Paige and Emma are going to be in the game as well. Hopefully this proves true cause I like Paige

This is about average length for diva lineup in this game, but it's not a confirmed roster.
Because Yukes is still making the game there will most likely be no female v male allowed, however Tamina is pretty masculine and may bridge that gap

The Release date is set for October 29, 2013 in US and November 1, 2013 in Europe

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
a shame i don't own a 360/ps3 due to so few exclusives being worth anything, and next gen isn't looking any better.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I feel that anything made beyond the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era is worth less than nothing aswell. But getting back ontopic......

I sincerely hope that under a new publisher, the WWE games make a turn for the better. Under THQ, the games in general have been going through a hard slump. The game mechanics may have arguably gotten better, but they haven't really done anything new with the game.

A really annoying factor in the games for me, is the CAS feature. It should be my favorite part of the game, but it's so limiting. Worse yet, there's a texture glitch/unnecessary censorship that appears on the base texture of all CAS skins. It's a white line that appears around the torso that's meant to act as an unremovable pair of underpants. You can't change the colour of this piece of underwear, cos it's fixed to the base texture. The first game this appeared in(SvR11?), you could tatoo over it, in all other games following, they added a sharper bump map over it, rendering the tatoo technique useless.

Oh, and mixed matches are a complete no-go. After all, WWE is a PG program for all the family(although, you could circumvent this by making a female CAS look as many as possible)

But while I hope that the game shows some improvement under 2Kgames, I have to remember that it's still Yukes developing the game, so most likely nothing will change. What the WWE games really needs is a change of developer. Or better yet, some form of competition.

KiLlEr CrOc

Potential Patron
SvR07 was a pretty good year for WWE imo.
As for the white line, which i agree is stupid, it could be covered in WWE '13 as far as I could tell.

Competition would be great for Yukes, but even then they will always focus on the "story mode" and online more than CaW and divas. However, unsure if you have online, but if you do there are some masterful Community Creations.

Back to 14 , its said to be the same old same old gameplay wise as all the others. Hopefully they have a wider variety of "OMG!" moments, Because that was actually kinda cool. I really wish Steam would sell wwe games, because people could mod and create custom skins better. :/ oh well

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i wouldn't expect a lot of changes. sports games very rarely do anything new. up until this year, fifa was still being made for ps2 to give you an idea of how little is going on. they're just easy cash ins.

as for above, i'll just stick to the usual PC/nintendo combo unless they come out with some serious hard hitting exclusives that make me want it.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
WWE2K14 will look exactly like WWE 12 and WWE 13 due to the fact that 2K purchased the Franchise in the middle of developing WWE 14 so scrapping everything and return to zero for an annual title would be an impossible thing and add the fact that Wrestling games are unique and different in its physics just like every other sports game on its own so not every studio is familiar with it and its impossible for 2K to adapt to the nature of the game in just few months so 2K went through the easy route and recruit Yukes to continue developing the game at least until WWE2K14 but Starting 2K15 either 2K will make the games themselves like the case for Madden and NBA or they will stick with Yukes for the reasons I mentioned before like unique and different game physics but in the other side they will support them in more advanced way than THQ

And For EvilDraconis , 2K has more love for PC in regards of sporting games and with the new generation has more PC architecture and the fact that Most titles will be developed on PC as the main platform and as you can see most 3rd party titles will be released for PC so I see no reason to not release an already finished game on PC that has minimum to zero costs to be released on PC unless its a First party game or its a ...... Japanese game :D

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
That's becaue Take Two hired the same troupe of assholes to work on it.

Not a God damned thing will change.

And not a goddamned thing will ever change. The sad truth is that if you've played any wrestling game in the last 15 years, chances are it was Yukes who made it. They more or less have a monopoly on the wrestling genre when it comes to video games, and it affords them some arrogance. Take Two hired Yukes because there is literally no choice when it comes to developers. I suspect that the WWE themselves had some form of say over who developed their game. So essentially, Yukes can be as lazy as they want knowing full well that they have no competition to worry about, AND their WWE game will be bought just because it's WWE.

I actually wonder why WWE even went to Take Two in the first place when they could've easily just published for Yukes themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.