WWE series (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just a heads up in case you're a fan of the series. I know a lot of folks here like wrestling, and even if you don't like WWE on TV the games are pretty good for ryona. It's scheduled to be released Oct. 26th

wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2011_boxart-500x578.jpg

You can check out the roster here:
Code:
http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster
But in case you're too lazy, I've attached pictures of all the Divas that are in this release. :pacman:

Layla's picture sucks because they haven't finished her page yet. I'm liking the new outfits they gave them overall, although I did notice that there's no Maria or Trish in this one. I'm not sure if the roster is including unlockable characters though.

So far the Diva roster includes:

• Beth Phoenix
  • Brie & Nikki Bella
  • Eve
  • Alicia Fox
  • Gail Kim
  • Melina
  • Kelly Kelly
  • Layla
  • Maryse
  • Michelle McCool
  • Mickie James
  • Natalya

---

There's also mention of a SD vs RAW Online that's being made for the PC (Yes! FINALLY :nom nom: ) that's going to be released in 2011. They don't seem to have an official site open for it yet though. Hopefully it's real and it's not just Wikipedia trolls trollin' mah.

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_Online

Attachments

• beth.png
    beth.png
    199 KB · Views: 149
  • brie.png
    brie.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 153
  • eve.png
    eve.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 157
  • fox.png
    fox.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 138
  • gail.png
    gail.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 159
  • header.png
    header.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 144
  • kelly.png
    kelly.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 157
  • layla.png
    layla.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 704
  • maryse.png
    maryse.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 146
  • michelle.png
    michelle.png
    190 KB · Views: 143
  • mickie.png
    mickie.png
    215 KB · Views: 167
  • natalya.png
    natalya.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 145
  • nikki.png
    nikki.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 156

Mardion

Potential Patron
13 confirmed female wrestlers in a mainstream wrestling game? That's quite impressive! Can't wait to see if they have any new innovative submissions :-)

noice1

Potential Patron
I'll wait for reviews, but I doubt I'll get it even as an Xmas gift. It's going to have to really impress to get me back into them after 2008. Did anyone play 2009/10? How were they?

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I don't like the ryona in these games, only because the voices aren't good enough. If I'm going to want this, it's going to need a massive improvement in that area.

B

blitzrunner

I've forever been disappointed with the controls for all of the wrestling games after playing games that are of similar style, but had superior controls, for an Instance.. like Def Jam: Vendetta and Fight for NY...
at the same time though, Wrestling games HAVE been slowly improving their Ryona-quality of games. The skin texture for this one looks a lot better than the last one... although I'm curious as to whether the Voices, screaming and grunting will be improved or even visible in this one.

I gotta agree with BLack Lion... I might watch the Ryona out there on the web, but it DOES have to be a big improvement for me to want to buy a wrestling game.

noice1

Potential Patron
I agree on the controls, but for some reason I don't need a lot in the voice department. I don't know why, I guess I'm more of a visual person. I can honestly keep the sound muted and it won't bother me; the crowd noises, announcers and sound effects kinda step on the voices anyway.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I'll wait for reviews, but I doubt I'll get it even as an Xmas gift. It's going to have to really impress to get me back into them after 2008. Did anyone play 2009/10? How were they?
I've tried the 2010 one, dunno... if you can take pleasure from viewing obviously faked wrestling it might be something for you.

Mardion

Potential Patron
The controls are just something you get used to after about half an hour of gaming. Seriously, it's much different that what we're used to because of other fighting games (including Def Jam) but it's not actually bad, it's just much slower and as such requires more emphasis on strategy than speed and reflexes. I can't think of it diminishing the ryona value in any way once you're used to it, you can still do any move you wish to apply (or be applied upon your wrestler) just like in every other game.

I've tried the 2010 one, dunno... if you can take pleasure from viewing obviously faked wrestling it might be something for you.
You think? I found most of the moves and reactions very realistic, much more so than actual WWE wrestling to be frank.

noice1

Potential Patron
Well, here are problems from 2008:

24/7 mode absolutely sucked. It was boring and you can't bring a female superstar through it, even a created one.

NO special referee matches. I still think I'm just blind, but I can't find them. What the hell, seriously?

The targeting system is meant to help you invent new swear words. Simply put, it's non-existent, the game will target whomever the hell it pleases, when it wants to. Any more than two opponents and it's almost unplayable.

Unlockables are WAY too expensive. Not only do you have to "unlock" some, like more superstars, you then have to BUY them. Some top $200K. It's a sick joke to have so many wrestlers I can't play without suffering for weeks through a convoluted mess of a campaign mode.

I don't want to make a snap judgment, but I sincerely hope you are not one of those people that belittles pro-wrestling as if the fans "think" it's all real. Aside from the fact that it's a video game and it looks as "real" as any other fighting game, fans are attracted to pro-wrestling similar to how people attend theater. We know it's a show, we watch to be entertained. When you watch Indiana Jones jump out of a plane, that wasn't real, either (and as MythBusters proved, he would have died along with the others).

Sorry, but, you pushed my button there.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
if you can take pleasure from viewing obviously faked wrestling it might be something for you.
Yeeeah I mean a lot of the wrestling fetish videos look terrible as far as realism goes but we still enjoy it anyway. The WWE games are nothing great but I find them good enough to be enjoyable for ryona. I probably wouldn't play them if there was none to be had though. :P As far as the controls go, the only thing that bothers me is how they seem to change a little bit every year. Once you figure it out and get accustomed to it though it's not that bad. I think 2010 had the easiest control scheme for doing submissions though. You weren't required to look through the moves list of each wrestler to find them, it's just the same button every time.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
You think? I found most of the moves and reactions very realistic, much more so than actual WWE wrestling to be frank.
When you look closely you can see that many attacks/throws don't actually connect or are done in a way to reduce the impact/damage upon the opponent; I understand that they cannot actually fight against each other in such a way in RL, but I don't like the design chocie to mirror the RL matches as closely as possible instead of making the moves more believable.

I don't want to make a snap judgment, but I sincerely hope you are not one of those people that belittles pro-wrestling as if the fans "think" it's all real.
Well, I've said "obviously faked wrestling", so I presumed that most watchers know it's not real.

Deleted member 160

Ryonani Teamster
13 confirmed female wrestlers in a mainstream wrestling game? That's quite impressive! Can't wait to see if they have any new innovative submissions :-)

As long as they have Natalya's Romero hold and Sharpshooter it might be worth getting. I haven't played one of these games in years. last one i played regularly was wcw vs nwo revenge for the Nintendo 64. How is customization for outfits, etc. and how is the create-a-wrestler?

noice1

Potential Patron
The SD vs. Raw series has traditionally had decent CAW. I can only speak up to 2008, but there's enough there to make all ranges of good females. You can do plenty with logos and tattoos, but I think it's a little lacking on accessories. Hopefully the new(er) ones have improved. I think I can safely say it would blow you away if you are coming from N64. Even the PS2-generation titles had some nice CAW systems.

noice1

Potential Patron
and what about intergender matches ?

As far as I've experienced, it's available. However, unless they've changed it, Divas are exclusively forbidden from violent matches like Hell-In-A-Cell, Table, Money-In-The-Bank, etc. and cannot bleed. You can't even make your own female superstar legal because they are classified as "divas" (way to be sexist, WWE).

ramallo

Potential Patron
pff.. this is a game. So , is a fantasy thing. Remember smackdown here comes the pain ? You can put divas in elimination chamber..

noice1

Potential Patron
It's been too long to remember HCTP. But without a doubt, just like the WWE itself, the games of the late 90s and early 2000s were the best. I remember Know Your Role; the characters could move so fast and there was a lot more freedom. Now, it's feature-bloated and everything feels clumsy.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I don't recall seeing the bra and panties match mode in any of the SvR games either, while it was available in HCTP. It was nice just for the animations of the divas ripping the clothes off each other.

M

mancubus

As far as I've experienced, it's available. However, unless they've changed it, Divas are exclusively forbidden from violent matches like Hell-In-A-Cell, Table, Money-In-The-Bank, etc. and cannot bleed. You can't even make your own female superstar legal because they are classified as "divas" (way to be sexist, WWE).

In 2011, Divas can be in any match except for First Blood. No intergender ones, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.