WWE series (2 Viewers)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, but anything is better than EA. That's like saying "Hey, this pile of shit smells less bad than that pile of shit."

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
true though I DO like 2K better then THQ at the very least and I was buying their Wrestlers for years(until they went down the shitter)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Based on EA sports games , they prefer to sacrifice any arcade feeling in their games in favor of realism , Look at FIFA vs Pro Evolution Soccer for example for what I mean , So If anyone is wishing that WWE will return to the style of Here comes the pain with EA then he is wishing for Impossible

Speaking about that : Do you prefer arcade feeling or realism in WWE games ?

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Based on EA sports games , they prefer to sacrifice any arcade feeling in their games in favor of realism , Look at FIFA vs Pro Evolution Soccer for example for what I mean , So If anyone is wishing that WWE will return to the style of Here comes the pain with EA then he is wishing for Impossible

Speaking about that : Do you prefer arcade feeling or realism in WWE games ?

I actually prefer realism in WWE games, because by its nature wrestling is already ridiculous. That said, there's also room for the crazy falls-count-anywhere hardcore matches. I thought they did a great job of balancing these things in the past and I have no idea why they can't do that anymore.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I know., I loved WWF No Mercy because I could customize the rules any way I wanted, even if it meant matches could not end. One of my favourite ways to play was to take a 40 man Royal Rumble (this game was way ahead of the 2012 rumble with 40 men!) and turn off all the rules except for KO. Matches took well over an hour to play and were always fun as hell. :D

I miss being able to set the rules up the way I wanted. THQ really sucks sometimes. Like in the Royal Rumble match type, you can't leave the ring. Why the hell can't or shouldn't I be able to? It happens. I am not expecting dick out of THQ in that department this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Thanks for reminding me about the Fan Axxess WWE 13 Pack. I forgot that I have to get that too. I would get that first to be honest, more bang for the 20 bucks!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
When you consider there's at least 20 DLC characters at 99 cents apiece, plus move sets and likely the stat editor, $20 is pretty worthwhile, actually.

This better be a good fucking game or I will be pissed. If it's full of bugs like WWE'12 some ass is going to be beat.

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Haha. I agree. I don't want to put all the time it will take to make all 50 characters, for Universe mode to be bugged!

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Fortunately for me anyway I don't care about Universe mode. It's been a major flop and not lived up to THQ's hype. As if that were a surprise by now.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I like it a bit more arcadey like in 06 when you turn off stamina or some of the younger Ps1 and most of the Ps2 titles

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I always turn off the stamina. Although there was one game... I think 2006? Not sure. One of the one with hotspots. Maybe 2009, for the PS2, where I had a cheat device, so I made a CAW with something like 127 stamina. I can use any hotspot pretty much indefinitely, as the CAW's stamina reserve is so high, it's pretty much infinite.

There is a downside to it though. In the MITB or a ladder match, when I grab the briefcase, evidently the stamina drain is hard-coded. Meaning that my stamina meter drains, but holding Select to recover it does not recover any (on account of the large total amount of stamina. It's like filling an ocean with a bucket.) So to win those matches, if I do at all, I have to wait until the belt meter is drained nearly to empty before I make my attempt, or else I'm useless for the entire match.

If 13 is actually decent Raden please let me know. I stopped buying WWE games after 2010

Will do, good sir! I'm pretty rough on the series lately, so if I have anything good to say, you'll know it's true.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
You should see what I wrote on the CAWS.ws forum before the fucking dickheads banned me. lol. But hey, I spoke nothing but truth... and when THQ did do something right, I gave them their props.

---------- Post added 10-31-2012 at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-29-2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

Amazing. Clean. Polished. Fluid. Fun. These are all words you would not have heard me use to describe WWE'12, but 13... MY GOD. Is this game ever good or what. I've been playing it practically since I got home from work. Special Referee is back, but if you fuck shit up too much, John Laurinaitis ejects you. I don't like that, I wish you could disable that.

Knock wood... Community Creations works and is fast as hell, even with all the people on it on Day 1. I downloaded a couple arenas, a Victoria CAW, and some hot blonde chick I think is an original creation. The creator seemed rushed to get her on there or something, and just called her Silva. lol. She's fun to beat on, pretty gorgeous. I have plans to create wrestlers of my own including the Blades of Kriegmar cast.

The weapon bug from WWE'12 carried over, sadly. In SVR11 you could take a chair and put it around their neck or ankle and then stomp on it. In WWE12 you could, but the cutscene associated with it was removed, and it ended up not registering as a hit and therefore not causing any damage. Very unfortunately, that bug is still present. But really, they fixed a lot of the shit wrong with WWE12. I can't complain about that bug too much. Hopefully they can fix it but I doubt it. Their WWE12 patch did nothing to fix the game and actually made it worse. They turned a lot around with WWE13 though...

Frankly, every bad thing I said about WWE12, there is as much good to say about WWE13. I would absolutely highly recommend it. The only thing I wish I could do was keep John Laurinaitis from kicking me out if I decide to referee the match like an asshole.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Big thing for me. The white line around the torso that appears over female wrestlers whenever I try and use a one piece. IS IT STILL THERE?!

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
Good to hear! I have a copy waiting on me to get home in the next few days. Hearing this got me more excited for it! I hope it is actually challenging this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.