WWE series (1 Viewer)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
does this version allow me to make my own divas? cause honestly none of WWE's wrestlers do it for me. I am into tomboys and they are barbies :P

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
does this version allow me to make my own divas? cause honestly none of WWE's wrestlers do it for me. I am into tomboys and they are barbies :P

Well , Sadly for some strange unknown reasons "no" , 2K deleted the ability to create divas in the next gen versions including the PC version so unless modders are a magicians and create their own "create a diva" mode then sadly we can just wait for 2K16 for this mode

And BTW it seems that 2K is unexpectedly way too open for mods in this game so expect tons of stuff for the PC version to be modded

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster

not by default but i'm sure mods will fix it. as for all the missing shit it's probably due to it being the first game on the next set of consoles and them still having to maintain an annual release date. all the sports games got fucked by it.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
2K is just the worst. I grew up with the Yukes/ WWF series; had the first one on PSX, and for a time there I was buying the new one each year. My interest in the WWE games actually outlasted my interest in actually watching wrestling by five or six years!

Unfortunately, like the WWE itself, the official Yukes series is sexist as all hell, and it's only been getting worse as time goes on. There was a time, in the so-called "R-rated" Attitude Era, where Chyna actually had a legitimate shot at being the first female Heavyweight title holder, and girls like Lita and Trish were capable of being bonafide main carders. Now, sure, there's less sex, which some conservatives would argue is a sign that the WWE is being more "respectful". But it's bullshit, because female wrestlers have been reduced from second-class citizen eye-candy who sometimes got a shot, to fifth-class citizens sitting in the lockerroom with their jiggly-bits covered up.

Anyway, during the run-up to MKX, I was killing time by going back through the catalogue of WWE/ SvR games. I wrote up a list of the games, and the features they had/ features they removed. If anyone's interested, the last game in the series that allowed you to have unrestricted mixed wrestling matches (that is, you could use divas against any opponent, in any match type except for Hardcore) was Smackdown vs Raw (the 2005 version, no ordinal year) SvR 2006 was the first game to ban divas from all matches except normal ones, and it's been all downhill from there.

I think we should really get a master list going somewhere here, of all the WWE games (from WWF Smackdown! up to the latest PG-era crap fest) and what sort of ryona people can expect from them. You know, what features are available, what can you do with divas, match types, screenshots of the CAW mode, etc. That way, would-be ryonans could easily figure out which game would be best for them - which title has the best graphics, while still retaining enough features to suit your interest.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Pathetic that they removed the ability to create a female wrestler. But then again this sad company has had the same exact create a wrestler clothing options for the past decade. The feeling I get is that these guys have been dialing it in and milking this franchise since the PS2 days.

Like how hard can it be to look at all the popular wrestlers (male and female) in other promotions and the indie circuit and use their outfits as inspiration to create new clothing options for their CAW mode. You know people are going to want to create indie wrestlers and TNA wrestlers, so just put stuff in the game that resembles their outfits and you are good to go. But nope, they just keep the same shit year after year, lol.

Then there is the same stiff ass animations. Not even going to bother elaborating here. Once again, same animations year after year.

Sorry for the rant. Just pisses me off that these jokers have a monopoly on an entire genre of video games and they keep putting out shit because they have no competition.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
06 did have a good selection of moves and the sleeper move where you choke out your opponent until they are knocked out in your arms. The last game that allowed mixed match up was 2009 which had some nice win pose stuff like boogyman's worms down the mouth of the defeated opponent and Carlitos apple spit(also in 06) to name the two best. After that they reduced it to male and male and fem on fem only. 2K14 did me ok I downloaded a number of wrestlers before 2k would take down the copyrighted ones. I also made monster lookin divas to make up for the no male on female.

for ryona not having mixed pisses me off and even just for gameplay if I wanna kick peoples asses with a lady

Also Moro Beth was good but the WWE pretty much restricted what she was allowed to do

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, off the top of my head, the major landmarks were as follows:

Just Bring It was the last game that allowed you to make "nude" CAWs.
Smackdown vs Raw (2005) was the last game which allowed you to use divas in special matches (Hell in Cell, TLC, etc), mixed or FvF
SvR 2006 was the last game to feature Bra & Panties matches
SvR 2009 was the last game to allow mixed standard matches
and I guess WWE 2k14 is the last game to allow Diva CAWs.

Do they still allow female valets to assist in standard 3-count matches?

then sadly we can just wait for 2K16 for this mode

Honestly, I doubt this very much. WWE only gets worse, never better. If the last 15 years of games in the series have been any indication, diva CAWs are gone for good; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if 2k16 removed female wrestlers entirely, including only a couple models as career-mode NPCs!

Best case scenario, 2k16 is identical to 2k15, and we get one or two more years of having no diva CAWs/ a half-dozen selectable divas, before the girls are removed completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
to be honest a lot of it is WWEs fault they restricted the devs to not allow mixed matches. Also when that bug was found in 14 that allowed mixed matches WWE had a shit fit and had them patch it out in less then a month after it was discovered. I think Triple H is just mad form all the times Chyna beat him in matchs

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
to be honest a lot of it is WWEs fault they restricted the devs to not allow mixed matches.

Hell yeah, it's WWE's fault! I highly doubt Yuke's would be stupid enough to ruin their games intentionally. The real problem is lack of competition - WWE has a monopoly now, and it doesn't need to compete in order to stay on top. They can do whatever they want to consumers and they'll still have a 98% market share, so fuck the fans, it's back to Good Ol' Boys and Republican senate races.

Frankly, I think it says a lot about the commitment of the Yuke's team that they've so far resisted the WWE's calls to limit female wrestlers to "Cookie Baking and Sunday School" Matches.

I think Triple H is just mad form all the times Chyna beat him in matchs

lol, QFT.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I heard a strong rumor that 2K originally wanted to release the game around a month ago between march and april 2015 but WWE forced them to release it in the annual time in November so i am not surprised that a lot of match types are missing along with a lot of modes including the create-a-diva mode , I think It is impossible that 2K will drop the Create-a-diva option in future titles as there is a big market for creating divas like female gamers or gamer's girlfriend/sibling or even creating real life divas so i doubt they will remove this feature and i think the only reason they removed this feature is because they were limited by time

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
wow, that went off the rails pretty fast. the mixed matches aren't allowed because they don't want dudes fighting chicks due to all of their sponsors. this isn't a secret and it never has been. they have a PG rating now and people get in trouble for the smallest of shit right now like being busted open, letting words slip out during a match (big show called a fan a smartass last PPV), etc. the divas division has been mostly a joke for the past few years and they've caught a lot of shit for it recently. there is a reason their developmental division has chicks who put on better matches than the dudes 99% of the time and that they keep bringing in girls from the indies who are known for what they do. they're even letting the main roster ones do 10 minute matches even though it's shown that they didn't get enough training and aren't cut out for it at times.

I heard a strong rumor that 2K originally wanted to release the game around a month ago between march and april 2015 but WWE forced them to release it in the annual time in November so i am not surprised that a lot of match types are missing along with a lot of modes including the create-a-diva mode , I think It is impossible that 2K will drop the Create-a-diva option in future titles as there is a big market for creating divas like female gamers or gamer's girlfriend/sibling or even creating real life divas so i doubt they will remove this feature and i think the only reason they removed this feature is because they were limited by time

all the sports games are annual and were missing stuff when the new console versions came out. i think they football/basketball etc fared better then wrestling, but due to the much wider appeal they probably have more people on those teams. they aren't going to remove create a diva. it was probably considered not important compared to other match types and what not considering the diva division has been a catastrophic joke for the past few years and only recently started to work on fixing itself.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
they aren't going to remove create a diva.

Almost everything you said was true, but I dunno about this one, man. That's the sort of optimistic thing we were saying back in SYM when they nerfed CAW mode, and SvR 06 when they cut divas out of special matches, and SvR 10 when they removed all mixed matches. You need to be more cynical; it will hurt less when the truth rears it's terrible head.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Almost everything you said was true, but I dunno about this one, man. That's the sort of optimistic thing we were saying back in SYM when they nerfed CAW mode, and SvR 06 when they cut divas out of special matches, and SvR 10 when they removed all mixed matches. You need to be more cynical; it will hurt less when the truth rears it's terrible head.

They were forced to remove all of the above because WWE Forced them to remove those things (PG Rating) , but in the case of create-a-diva they removed it because they were limited by time and WWE has nothing to do with removing it , expect it to return at WWE2k16

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
lol, QFT.
I was being a smartass. Triple H runs the WWE these days. The sponsors is the reason but I wanted to peg a crack at old HHH

They were forced to remove all of the above because WWE Forced them to remove those things (PG Rating) , but in the case of create-a-diva they removed it because they were limited by time and WWE has nothing to do with removing it , expect it to return at WWE2k16

I have a feeling they will and make a big marketing deal about it's return. there is a reason they didn't advertise it missing this game. WWE probably didn't want people knowing a staple feature was missing.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster

i'm nothing but cynical, especially when it comes to video games. this hobby has become the most nickel and dimed joke possible, where people come up with the most outlandish doom and gloom scenarios only for them to actually end up coming true because this hobby is in such a terrible state. create a diva will come back, along with all of the other missing CAW stuff that people are unhappy about this year and the match types and what not. it would be utterly suicidal for them to repeat that same mistake after the backlash they got this year, especially when these games aren't exactly top sellers anyways. add to that even more that the NXT girls put on constantly hype matches and they won't have a choice. hell, several of those girls will probably be in the next game even if they aren't moved to the main roster yet.

mixed matches will never come back though aside from bugs/mods. the sponsors won't allow it, same as how the PPV titled EXTREME RULES didn't have a single person bleed. the only people who get away with it are people that are too important for them to stop, like brock.

kubi mage

Club Regular
They're probably not going to remove create-a-divas in future games. Apparently the story is they had to rework the entire system from the ground up for the PS4/XB1 version of 2k15 and only had time to finish the male side of it. The fact you can change outfits for the divas is a good sign; it means they really don't have far to go to make create-a-diva into a working feature, and WWE doesn't have any more reason to block them from adding it than they would block create-a-superstar.

As for mixed matches, no we'll probably never get official mixed matches, but the blessing of WWE games has always been that they've been the most easily hackable titles. All you needed was a Gameshark or modded system, access to the WWE hacking forums, and you could do just about anything you wanted in those games. And the reason they've been like this is because they never get enough development time to bother encrypting their stuff, so with WWE's propensity to force yearly releases it's pretty unlikely that this will ever change. Just give it a few months and modders will probably be doing some crazy stuff.

Unfortunately that means that current-gen consoles will get the short end of the stick, but if they keep releasing PC versions based on current-gen console releases we don't have to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.