Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (3 Viewers)

Flea667

Potential Patron
Between the breast size mod and the jiggle mod, I'd say it's more about disrupting balance. :wink:
Well the size mod can threaten said balance...
... however:

The jiggle mod answers a long standing complaint this humble artist has had against digital FX in movies and character modeling in games overall...
Best example, the fight scene that killed the Matrix trilogy, a river of digital porcelain dolls cannat make up for the fact that it looks fake.

We people of the Trekkie oreintation know that humans are "bags of mostly water". Look at still frames of boxers in the ring, if it isn't bone, it sloshes like a water balloon. Just like micro-expressions in a coversation, they are present only for fractions of a second, but we register them whether we are aware of it or not.
No matter how highly detailed the model is, if it doesn't slosh around like real people, it will never look like real people. It's jusr another virtual poerelain doll.
As far as this artist is concerned, that (and a couple other complaints) renders the majority of 3-D animation, artistically inert.

As far as balance goes, this community could only exist in a culture that is thoroughly blighted by coerced conformity to censorship.

Cardas

Potential Patron
Question before I download the mod, What are the chances of me being perma-banned for TOS violations?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Question before I download the mod, What are the chances of me being perma-banned for TOS violations?

You are not likely to get banned, unless you do something foolish, such as post images of the mod (or brag about using it) on 'official' forums.

bberge

Potential Patron
I've wondered as well -- if my game client crashes with the mod installed, and the Cryptic dump utility successfully phones home, is there any potentially incriminating information I need to worry about? I know "Chastity Belt" is supposed to block the dump utility, but I don't always remember to run it.

BlueMedic

Potential Patron
Replacers in all forms are very discouraged on Undertow because of what it entails (bypassing cash shop).

That being said, the option already exists to just remove skirts but I dont think STO has an underwear texture. Might be possible to give characters underwear in place of nudity, but that would have to be added in a a future release.

hmm okay thank you.

krazyorange

Potential Patron
EDIT: I fixed this by just copying the files to the correct place. I haven't had my coffee yet, sorry about wasting space. However, I still wonder how to get my PC topless. She's bottomless just fine and those textures are great, but she still has a shirt. Is there a particular shirt I need to buy to enable the effects? Thanks again!

I have a peculiar issue. I had STO installed on an old platter drive years ago, but deleted it. I reinstalled on my current SSD now, but the Nudist Generation installer keeps trying to install the mod on my old platter, where STO is not. I've checked the registry and there are no keys to the old location (and they are pointed at the correct spot), and I also changed the install.txt (if that even matters) to the correct location; however, the mod still only installs to the wrong place. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
Not that it will likely help to ask, but why is it any kind of update breaks the mod(s)?

If you examine the files that get replaced with the mods you will see that the skelinfos file gets modified in order to get the breast jiggle to work. That file includes the bone structure of every object in the game, including ships, so when a new ship comes out, there is a new version of that file that needs to get modded. Admittedly, I haven't looked at the mod lately to see if that is still the case or my faulty memory may have picked the wrong filename from storage, but that is the basic reason why the mod always needs to be updated.

It is an involved process to get the information out of the hoggs into a format where the xmls can be edited and then recompiled into a bin file that the game needs in order to run.

There are tools that have been developed to do the work, but every few releases the tools need to be updated and recompiled as well.

Now Clamman5 has been doing all the toolset work and then the mods and sending the product over to The ZTS for packaging. I am always impressed with the speed they manage to adjust to whatever changes have been thrown at them.

annemarie

Casual Client
annnnnddd a 5.5 hour update. hopefully they are putting the new ships in. I can't see where the new random PVE queue system would take such a big update

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.