Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (9 Viewers)

annemarie

Casual Client
Thanks for the files. I've decompiled the old installer and now I can work on testing/fixing.

This will take me a while.

Ultimately I will report what is working and what isn't..

One other thing: going forward, the mod is going to be open source so that in the event that if there's some real life issue, or I disappear etc it will be easier for mod to continue.

I haven't selected an online repo yet, but I am currently leaning to gitlab unless there's a better place that would allow an adult mod to exist.
(I have my own source control system on my LAN but while I love you guys, I'm not letting you in ;) )

There will be some test packages soon for any brave souls that want to help.

If anyone is working on texture packages to add/replace please let me know and what name you want to appear and a description of the package (i.e. 'HD Hairy" "Shaved" etc). I'll set something up soon for file transfers so we don't annoy UC.
I don't work on any but one of the tights options does a hairy vagina

Wickian

Potential Patron
I installed the patch and got it to work - somewhat, problem is that there are no nipples. I remember that there was a 'fix' to this, but have been unable to find it. Does anyone know what it is?

Poplan

Content Creator
PICKING UP THE PIECES #2

As I'm sure has been pointed out, Gibbed.Cryptic.ExportSchemas.exe currently does not work with x64, because of this, the serializer for skelinfos can't be updated (the most recent one I have is dated 10/22/2021) so any mods that require skeleton data aren't going to be able to function until this is fixed. Gibbed has said he's looking into it, but at the same time, it's been 5 months so not holding my breath either. Anyway breast jiggle/size is currently off the table. (If anyone has a more current set of schemas/serializers that can deal with the current skelinfos that would be awesome.)

The emote one may be able to get working, I will be trying that soon.

I had hoped to have a real simple batch file installer for the nude mod & textures by the end of the week but it will probably be the end of next week. Most of the extra time has been going through all the files from the InnoSetup installer package and making sure I have the right stuff in the right place for building any new scripts/installers. I'm about... 70% done.

I've also got a complete fresh extract of the costumegeometry.bin so if any additional xml diffs need to be made it should be doable, in theory.

The good news is nude patch stuff seems to be working although I haven't had a chance to look at the nipple imprints. (It is part of that 30%).

(My initial goal here is to get the nude mod working in a way that people can use. After that can look at fine tuning and then adding stuff.)

So anyway, not a great progress report but not a bad one either.

UPDATE:
There are 85 xmldiff files for the base nude mod that appear to be broken, I'll need to go through them. (The complete list is attached)
Looks like among the stuff no longer working are:
  • Risa Swimwear
  • Winter Coat
  • Kahn (off duty)
  • Iconian
  • Misc other pieces

UPDATE #2:
There was a small patch today changing the version from ST.122.20220111a.28 to ST.122.20220111a.32. The broken xmldiff count remains the same.

WORKAROUNDS:
Attached is a compiled costumegeometry.bin file (Star.Trek.Online.Nude.Patch.zip), you should be able to use the old installer to load the textures you want. Please note that due to the issues listed above, not all outfits are going to work properly but this should at least allow for some nudity. This is compiled for game version ST.122.20220111a.32. If you run into stuff that isn't working please feel free to report it, preferably with screenshots and detail (I am using X texture pack and Y outfit piece, etc) as it may help me figure out what's up in the xml patches.

Attachments

broken.txt
3.4 KB · Views: 179

Star.Trek.Online.Nude.Patch.zip
1.5 MB · Views: 310

Last edited:

Blogging Ninja

Potential Patron
you are doing better than anyone else here in my opinion! while you work on that I volunteer to help test when you want some testers. If you want to wait for when you do a public release I understand though. while waiting could I get that costumegeometry.bin with all the xmldiffs applied from you?

Poplan

Content Creator
you are doing better than anyone else here in my opinion! while you work on that I volunteer to help test when you want some testers. If you want to wait for when you do a public release I understand though. while waiting could I get that costumegeometry.bin with all the xmldiffs applied from you?
This is a compiled costumegeometry.bin, there are 85 xmldiffs that did not patch properly (they're listed in my picking up the pieces #2 post). Good luck!

Attachments

costumegeometry.zip
1.5 MB · Views: 196

Blogging Ninja

Potential Patron
Thank you! That got textures working for me! although I'm still having an issue with Klingon nude textures not matching for me (see picture. Klingon legs aren't shiny like the torso is). This should let me limp along until your installer is properly working. Thanks again!

1646413660185.png

Poplan

Content Creator
Thank you! That got textures working for me! although I'm still having an issue with Klingon nude textures not matching for me (see picture. Klingon legs aren't shiny like the torso is). This should let me limp along until your installer is properly working. Thanks again!

View attachment 133071
Which textures are you using? (I'm not sure that's a factor but might as well be thorough.)

Blogging Ninja

Potential Patron
Which textures are you using? (I'm not sure that's a factor but might as well be thorough.)
I'm using the textures found in the zip I shared in the same post as the 3.5.3 installer. I'm not sure which options they are since the 3.5.3 installer fails for me (which is why I needed the costumegeometry.bin file). Although it would appear to be a shaved texture given what I can see.

Wickian

Potential Patron
PICKING UP THE PIECES #2

As I'm sure has been pointed out, Gibbed.Cryptic.ExportSchemas.exe currently does not work with x64, because of this, the serializer for skelinfos can't be updated (the most recent one I have is dated 10/22/2021) so any mods that require skeleton data aren't going to be able to function until this is fixed. Gibbed has said he's looking into it, but at the same time, it's been 5 months so not holding my breath either. Anyway breast jiggle/size is currently off the table. (If anyone has a more current set of schemas/serializers that can deal with the current skelinfos that would be awesome.)

The emote one may be able to get working, I will be trying that soon.

I had hoped to have a real simple batch file installer for the nude mod & textures by the end of the week but it will probably be the end of next week. Most of the extra time has been going through all the files from the InnoSetup installer package and making sure I have the right stuff in the right place for building any new scripts/installers. I'm about... 70% done.

I've also got a complete fresh extract of the costumegeometry.bin so if any additional xml diffs need to be made it should be doable, in theory.

The good news is nude patch stuff seems to be working although I haven't had a chance to look at the nipple imprints. (It is part of that 30%).

(My initial goal here is to get the nude mod working in a way that people can use. After that can look at fine tuning and then adding stuff.)

So anyway, not a great progress report but not a bad one either.

UPDATE:
There are 85 xmldiff files for the base nude mod that appear to be broken, I'll need to go through them. (The complete list is attached)
Looks like among the stuff no longer working are:
  • Risa Swimwear
  • Winter Coat
  • Kahn (off duty)
  • Iconian
  • Misc other pieces

UPDATE #2:
There was a small patch today changing the version from ST.122.20220111a.28 to ST.122.20220111a.32. The broken xmldiff count remains the same.

WORKAROUNDS:
Attached is a compiled costumegeometry.bin file (Star.Trek.Online.Nude.Patch.zip), you should be able to use the old installer to load the textures you want. Please note that due to the issues listed above, not all outfits are going to work properly but this should at least allow for some nudity. This is compiled for game version ST.122.20220111a.32. If you run into stuff that isn't working please feel free to report it, preferably with screenshots and detail (I am using X texture pack and Y outfit piece, etc) as it may help me figure out what's up in the xml patches.
Thank you for your diligence and hard work on this patch. I was wondering if this patch we manually put in somewhere, or is it updated in the installer? Just curious.

Poplan

Content Creator
Thank you for your diligence and hard work on this patch. I was wondering if this patch we manually put in somewhere, or is it updated in the installer? Just curious.

The existing installers can't be updated, unfortunately, which is why I need to start over with the installer. (If we had the source InnoSetup stuff for the installer that would be different. )

Poplan

Content Creator
Important Question

Does anyone know what diff arguments were used to generate the .xmldiff files?

The closest I've gotten is diff -ac but there seems to be something being used to, I assume, identify the file, as shown below.

XML:
*** 8,15 ****
        <Message>G.8ro2ka</Message>
      </DisplayNameMsg>
      <Bone>Stf_Chest</Bone>
!     <Geometry>F_Chest_Basic_2021_01</Geometry>
!     <Model>Geo_Chest_Basic_2021_01</Model>
      <MirrorGeometry></MirrorGeometry>
      <DefaultMaterial>Basic_Chest_Skin_F_01</DefaultMaterial>
      <Material>

Last edited:

Blogging Ninja

Potential Patron
I just tried an experiment deleting my klingon hips skins to see what happened and it made no difference to my issue pictured above. Something in game or otherwise seems to be pointing to the standard hips/legs skin instead of the klingon one when I try to have my klingon nude.

Poplan

Content Creator
MINOR UPDATE

I was able to make an updated .xmldiff for F_Chest_Basic_01.xml that patch is happy with (as to if it does what it's supposed to do is another matter entirely). I'm still not sure how these source file identification stuff was generated by ZTS et al. For my test I did it by hand. Worst case I can probably write something.

I think it would be best if my initial installer did not have as many custom options as the original just to keep the scope simpler. Can always add more options later as things are shifted from non-working to working and, ultimately, a new GUI.

I still have 84 more xmldiff's to fix, I think it would be better if the testing part was just opened to all of you instead of manually testing everything myself. I am going to try to have it ready by the end of the week but that really depends how fast the fixing goes. (I could always cut some stuff for this pass, like the swimsuits). There are also additional stuff that has not been modded previously such as the Cardassian and Discovery era starfleet stuff.

Poplan

Content Creator
I just tried an experiment deleting my klingon hips skins to see what happened and it made no difference to my issue pictured above. Something in game or otherwise seems to be pointing to the standard hips/legs skin instead of the klingon one when I try to have my klingon nude.
A number of the Klingon 'costume geometry' patches are broken at present which may be part of it. It's also possible that some of the stuff that is working isn't working properly since a lot of stuff has been updated.

Poplan

Content Creator
PICKING UP THE PIECES #3

Overall

I think I'm slowly understanding how the xml extraction, patching and re-compilation process works. There are still 84 (and 1 untested fix) patches that are not working due to changes in the game.

I've been trying to educate myself on the GNU tools diff and patch (I haven't really used them before) and I think I'm getting the hang of it.

There are still some things that I'm not clear on (in case it's not clear, this is a request for help):
  • Geometry lines sometimes get changed from a single entry (e.g. <Geometry>F_Chest_Basic_01</Geometry>) to more of a path structure <Geometry>Character_Library/Avatar/Female/F_Chest_Basic_01</Geometry>. Why? How is this determined? (The Avatar/Female is usually the texture path, not geometry.)
  • There have been some new races and factions added since 2019, there may be more <PCCategoryRef> changes made but I don't know how to determine what needs to change and what needs to stay the same.
In lieu of answers to the above, if I had a bin.hogg file or an unmodified customegeometry.bin from around March 2019 I could reverse engineer this. (I'm going to check around my own backups to see if I have anything that might work as well.) Thanks to JohnnySingh JohnnySingh I have a 2019 bin.hogg file and can now reverse engineer how the mod works.

First Installer

I am changing how the 'basenudemod' elements are grouped together, instead of having it go down to detail like "orion\belt1\optb'. It'll just be 'orion'. (I'm not going to implement "option a" for orion initially.)

So the choices for the first installer's nudemod are going to be:
  • ALL
  • common (all fixes)
  • dominion
  • klingon
  • orion
  • romulan
  • starfleet_2409
  • starfleet_dsc
  • starfleet_tos
  • universal
Things in italics are new since 2019 and are my stretch goals if I'm able to figure them out.

I'm still determining how the texture packs are going to be setup.

(Part of it is the decompiled innosetup texture files are an absolute mess and I'm still sorting out what goes to what pack.)

Current Status

March 11th, 2022:

I'm presently reverse-engineering how the basenudemod works so I can fix the 85 patches that are not presently working. My plan is as my understand grows I'll be able to automate building new patch files, otherwise I'll need to do it by hand which will be time consuming.

Once that's done, I need to disentangle the 3.5.4 installer's mess of texture files and then build the new installer. (At some point, I'll need to start a new thread or get a moderator to allow me to edit the thread.) I've decided the new installer will change the version to 4.0.0.

After that, it'll be bug fixes and trying to get some of the other mods working again.

The mod will also be on a public repro for other modders and so if I get hit by a bus we don't end up in this situation again.

Last edited:

Blogging Ninja

Potential Patron
So will "common" be all options or will it just be the ones that apply to any faction/species? if just the ones that apply universally I'd like to request an "Install all" option.

Also, I did more experimenting with my klingon. it seems to be a texture thing. I removed the ConstumeGeometry.bin file and checked my Klingon Captain that is still on Risa (e.g. in a bikini). Even though she was clothed you could still see the differences in skin between torso and hips/legs. I tried removing the textures folder (so it's like I didn't have the mod) and the legs matched the torso. So it's some issue with the textures I'm using. I'll likely do more testing in the coming days to see if I can pinpoint the texture(s) that are the problem.

Cairn

Swell Supporter
Thanks for continuing to work on things Poplan. I've got the same issue as Blogging Ninja with my Klingon. The hips, torso, wrists, and ankles do not match up color wise. It's been a problem with the the other races, but it's worse on the Klingons. I tried hiding it with lighting, but nothing works. Scans confirm you have a great rack Captain!:wat:

Attachments

• screenshot_2022-03-09-04-07-12.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-04-07-12.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 166
  • screenshot_2022-03-09-03-54-28.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-03-54-28.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 151
  • screenshot_2022-03-09-03-53-40.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-03-53-40.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 162
  • screenshot_2022-03-09-03-51-28.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-03-51-28.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 168
  • screenshot_2022-03-09-03-51-13.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-03-51-13.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 164
  • screenshot_2022-03-09-04-03-05.jpg
    screenshot_2022-03-09-04-03-05.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.