supe41

Potential Patron
Rakkar, Rain dies in the MKX comics. I think this happened in the last chapter of the story, at his first appearance Kotal Kahn immediately kills him easily and fast. Maybe he can appear as a DLC character, but never as a standard playable fighter. Read the comic and you will understand everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Morosenoodle, we agree in everything, m8. lmao.

Dat mask rules and this is why I will always prefer Kitanas first costume than her secondary in MK9. I hate when I'm looking for MK9 ryonas of her in youtube and every ryona artist is posting a ryona made with her second costume. I just can't understand why these newfags and hypocrites does this but I think that is because of apparently less clothes on her body even if her ass actually gets covered and her so-so face gets showed. Don't worth it actually. This is horrible. The two things I most like in Kitana is her dat ass and dat mask. So her first in MK9, the MK vs DC, the MK Gold and the MK3 costumes will be always my favorites and these are the reasons why she's the hottest character in MK series imo.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Actually, Rain survives the roasting at the hands of Kotal. Right after he gets hit with the sun blast, they show him on the ground with a speech bubble above his head that says something like, "nnnggh". Basically, that is the comic book way of saying, I am down, but still alive. The author of the comic also said on his twitter that Rain is not dead. He is also seen in the latest storyline trailer drop kicking Kotal in the back.

So Rain lives, just with a little less dignity than before after being so easily destroyed by Kotal Kahn.

Speaking of Kitana's outfits, I am partial to her original MK2 look. Just always loved that simple costume and the retro MK2 outfit from MK9 was pretty nice. Agreed that the maskless outfits aren't nearly as good, although she is looking a lot better in MKX than MK9.

Speaking of MKX, I am kind of upset we are only getting around 6 female characters in the initial roster, if the leaked roster is true. Not surprising, I guess, but definitely a bummer. Here's hoping for some unlockables or DLC.

supe41

Potential Patron
Oh sure, Rag40. I was really surprised with Rain's "supposedly indifferent death" even if he appears extremely detailed in the trailer and got a nice design then he certainly couldn't have died like I thought. Thank you for the explanation, m8. Also, don't worry about his dignity because he still retaliates the blow in the official game story trailer!

About the girls, who are them? Cassie, Jacquie, Kitana, Mileena, D'Vorah, and who is the sixth one?

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Sonya is the sixth one. She hasn't been officially confirmed yet, though. But by all accounts, it seems like she is going to be playable. I guess we can't be 100% certain until she is officially revealed, but considering all the various leaks and hints it is almost a guarantee that she is in.

Interestingly enough, it seems that Ed Boon has strongly hinted that the one refugee woman who speaks during the storyline trailer is Li Mei. I doubt she is going to be playable, but hopefully I am wrong. If not, she could still potentially be a DLC candidate.

Guess we will find out shortly. Only one month to go.

D

Deleted member 31

It's a bit of a bummer how this game turned out for Ryona. Kitana's got a really weird stance and kinda unfeminine body, and a costume thats not very sexy. No Jade. Cassie and Jacqui are kinda ugly. Devorah is a bug lady. And Sonya is going to be like 40 years old.

I guess there's always MK11. Who am I kidding, with our luck Kitana won't even be in that one D:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Hah, I get what you mean. I am still holding out hope for this game, though.

Sonya will more than likely have a younger skin, whether as a full alt or a variation. Her and Johnny Cage are going to be in the story mode during the Netherrealm War, which takes place right after MK9. So the younger models are definitely in the game, so it's just a question of if they are going to give us access to them. I will say that older Sonya looks amazing in the comic, so hopefully they have a decent looking model of that version in game. The leaked screenshot of Johnny/Jax/Sonya was from last year so they probably look better now.

Moving on to Cassie, I cannot stand her partial buzzcut. That shit is more disgusting to me than any of the fatalities I have seen, lol. Hoping for an alt that has this sort of haircut: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img850/6683/5ort.png

So for me, it comes down to what kind of alts we are going to get for a lot of these characters. The Brutalities alone add a crap ton of animations to the game, which is amazing. The amount of KO/death animations in this game is going to basically blow any other fighting game out of the water. It's just the character models that are kind of letting it down, not to mention its 75% male roster.

Not long to wait, though. April just around the corner.

D

Deleted member 31

Yeah you're right, I'll try to approach it with a half-glass full approach. Kitana's stance sucks but realllly for me it won't matter too much if we're talking ryona because I edit the shit out of my videos anyways lol. Characters rarely stand in one spot for more than 2 seconds in my vids :D

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
75% male isn't such a big deal for me. A scant few god-tier females is more appealing to me than a whole mess of mid-to-high tiers ones, and I tend to prefer M/F ryona anyway! In fact, I would be happy if it was just Kitana, Sonya, and Cassie, up against sixty guys, but as an obsessive Kitana/Sonya fanboy, I suspect my opinion on this matter is rather extreme and non-representative.

The character models are a bigger deal, and I'm still not sold on them. Having "realistic" body proportions isn't REALLY that big of a departure - up until MK4, all of the digitized actresses (save Kerri) were built like your average, physically active, pretty girl-next-gym. The original Kitana, for example, was only about a B-cup, maybe a small C. BUT STILL. This is a video game. A video game about kung fu and dragons and fire-spitting ninja ghosts! It's meant to be over-the-top, unrealistic, and aspirational.

I actually wouldn't mind getting a petition going, asking NRS for an optional "DoA slider", or "sexy code" similar to the old console violence censorship stuff, that would allow fans who want awesomely proportioned models to have them. In fact, I'd be willing to pay for it as DLC, up to and including half-again the base game cost (any more than this, however, and I'll demand actual nudity). Barring that, there will certainly be a community effort to mod the game, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Kitana's alt looks interesting. While I haven't seen it in action yet, the concept sketches makes it look like she'll be a sort of Maki/ Ayane-style ninja. Cassie should get a classic Johnny Cage-style alt. That is to say, tight pants, sunglasses, and totally bare-chest topless! It won't happen, but it'd be fun.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, not sure what they were thinking when they came up with Kitana's stance, lol. Looks like she is sticking her head out and asking to get clocked on the jaw.

On a personal level, I vastly prefer F/F ryona, so naturally 75% male sucks ass for me. Used to love the Mileena/Kitana rivalry, but then they decided to make Mileena into a new born in MK9, thus doing away with that one. That also sucked.

Hoping for some DLC or unlockables. Frost looked really awesome in the comic and could be a potential rival to Cassie. A revamped Kira would have made a great rival for Cassie, as well. Then there are the fighters that would have made sense for a Netherrealm storyline, like Sareena and Ashrah, that are no where to be found.

So yeah, just hoping for a larger variety of female fighters at some point. Probably not going to get it, though, lol.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
You guys have seen the videos and stuff right? It's almost a lock that Mileena will be playable in the game given how important she is in the story and that she has an actual updated model (unlike Sindel, who is still in her MK9 model and clearly looks non-playable). And people think they have spotted her on the tower too (looks like a mileena-ish figure holding out 2x sai).

Also, I'm still holding onto the hope that they will add one more female character as DLC (even if I hate them for doing it), which could be anything from Frost to something crazy like Suchin. Or Li Mei, or Skarlet, or Tanya... there's really a lot of options for future DLC additions, which we know they will be doing, even if the final roster is coming to completion missing many of our favorites.

D

Deleted member 31

So anyone who is bummed Jade isn't going to be in MKX, I'm making a video you might like. Perfect vid to send her off. Warning, it's gonna be brutal lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
So anyone who is bummed Jade isn't going to be in MKX, I'm making a video you might like. Perfect vid to send her off. Warning, it's gonna be brutal lol.

Ooo, yes please! Shall eagerly await it!

Two thoughts:

Has there been any confirmation on what happened to Jade yet? Like in the comics, or via interviews? It's pretty much a given that she's dead (MUST AVENGE HER!), but I haven't been able to find any details on who killed her or how.

Anyone else find the idea of permanent, canonical character death really enticing? The best part of MK9 was seeing all the original timeline heroines doomed and finished, once and for all.

puca

Club Regular
I've always had a weird thing for the crazy girls (see: Tira, Juri), especially as ryona...ers, so I'm glad Mileena made it in the game! Also, she had the best screams in MK9.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Nice!

Hopefully she gets a better outfit though. Gotta say, I really miss the leotards. They were simple, but really sexy for some reason.

There will be plenty of outfits it looks like if the DLC is any indication. We haven't seen Mileena's P2 yet either, I think she'll have something we'll like.

C

coyoteman362001

I have canceled my pre-order of the game. I choose not to reward political correctness with my hard-earned money.

Of all franchises, why would Mortal Kombat go prude? Why now?

Japanese

Vivacious Visitor
I'm looking forward to the game. This is one of the few occasions where I'm super amped up for a game like this. I'm more anxious about the fatalities and x-ray moves we have yet to see.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
I have canceled my pre-order of the game. I choose not to reward political correctness with my hard-earned money.

Of all franchises, why would Mortal Kombat go prude? Why now?

Agree 100%, but it's still going to be a good game.

It's like, do I want to reward them for making a good game? Or not for making what I feel are bad decisions?

In the end nothing you do can fix this, so just do whatever you want to do. The one thing that is certain is that the game will still be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.