monsterbite

Potential Patron
i definitely can't wait until this game comes out... all new characters with hopefully lots more gore and ryona on the sexy Kitana and Jade!

supe41

Potential Patron
I know, this is sad, but Kitana died in MK9.

I'm just waiting for another babe that can be sexy as Kitana.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
And Sub-Zero was turned into a cyborg. Yet he appears no worse off in the trailers.

I'm pretty sure Quan Chi also claimed the souls of the warriors who died at the end of MK9, and likely over the years warped them to become his loyal minions. So I wouldn't rule Kitana, Jade, or the others out... I just wouldn't expect them to be heroes in this storyline.

Xhominid

Potential Patron
And Sub-Zero was turned into a cyborg. Yet he appears no worse off in the trailers.

I'm pretty sure Quan Chi also claimed the souls of the warriors who died at the end of MK9, and likely over the years warped them to become his loyal minions. So I wouldn't rule Kitana, Jade, or the others out... I just wouldn't expect them to be heroes in this storyline.

To be fair, that may be another Sub Zero altogether considering there was 2 in the timeline.

But yeah, I can still see them bringing back the old characters through Quan Chi's means.

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
This would be the 3rd Sub Zero then.

Sub Zero 1 -- Dies in the first tournament, brought back later as Noob Saibot

Sub Zero 2 -- Brother of Sub Zero 1, turned into a cyborg in this timeline.

Sub Zero 3 -- ?

Given the time frame of this game, however, it may be Sub Zero 1's son (assuming he had one). If Cage & Sonya's daughter is an adult, why not the son on Sub Zero?

Personally I'd like it if they added Frost, since she has yet to make an appearance... and more ladies is never a bad thing.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I'm liking Cassie and her wetsuit. Not so sure about her face though.. I hope they will add some sexy ninja girls like Kitana.

supe41

Potential Patron
Kuai-Liang (The second Sub-Zero) died at the same time that Kitana died. Syndel killed both of them and the rest of the "good guys" of MK plot. And everyone who played MK9 knows that and how Bi-Han (The first Sub) died then got turned in Noob Saibot. So the two Sub-zeros should be dead but in MKX trailers there are some points that relativizes this letting just one sure: the new Sub-zero IS a "murderer" and Scorpion wants to kill him as he did with Bi-Han (Because Scorpion calls him by "murderer" when they do their Battle cries before fights between the two; you can see this easily on Youtube). So? Who played MK9 know that Noob Saibot didn't died officially, and Kuai-Liang was not a "murderer" as scorpion calls Bi-Han and this "third Sub-zero". No one knows what exactly happened with Noob (Bi-Han), we can just have sure that he got throwed in a soul tornado. Because of this there are a lot of rumors about the possibility of this "new" Sub-zero being just Bi-Han with a regenerated body.

Also, let's admit that Scorpion is an ass for believing in Quan-Chi lies. Bi-Han was not really a "murderer" too because he didn't killed Scorpions family. Bi-Han just killed the human Scorpion, but not his family and clan, as he thinks (And Ed Boon is a bitch for not explaining correctly this fact. Some ignorant people can consider Bi-Han as a "coward" if they can't understand what happens in the scene of his death.) Quan-Chi did the wrong things, actually: he turned himself in Bi-Han to kill Scorpions family and clan. And Bi-Han is, to be honest, a hero. Anyone here played MK: Mythologies Sub-Zero? a interesting game about Bi-Hans story. He was the "good guy" who did a lot of relevant things before MK1, confronting Quan-Chi and Shinnok and this is why they conspired against him to manipulate Scorpion to kill him. I just hope that now, in MKX, Scorpion and Bi-Han find out the truth about Scorpions family and clan death and make an alliance to get their revenges killing Quan-Chi. But Ed Boon is a bitch. He hates Sub-zero because its a creation of John Tobias, who left Midway for having personal conflicts with him. And his favorite character is Scorpion. Then it gets his ass kicked in every trailer, in the MK9 menu screen, official toys etc. And because of this implication, Bi-Han (if this "new Sub-Zero" is Bi-Han) will not ally himself with Scorpion and will get just another bad end (Like the first time) with another brutal death. This is (And will be more in the future, for sure) such a disrespect with Sub-Zero oldschool fans like me and at the same time is a good and perfect spontaneous Gyaku gore ryona for gay or lesbian ryona fans. lol.

I will let here the two moments that Scorpion appears in MK: Mythologies Sub-Zero plot for the people who don't know the story about Scorpion and Sub-zero conflict.

Human Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi death in the end of the level (He's the first boss):

Spectre Scorpion first fight against Bi-Han:

Last edited by a moderator:

supe41

Potential Patron
2015 is starting very well. This is such a surprise and now I can't wait for MK X Kitana ryonas. She looks very hot despite of her weird hair and her covered ass (This is very sad to be honest), but we can have sure that she will get some hot alternative outfits and her ryonas will still good.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Her boobs seem to have shrunk from dying and coming back to life (I'm assuming this is what happens). I personally am not too big on her hair; I really liked her alternate hair from MK9. It also seems like Netherrealm is scaling back on the sexuality. I mean, Cassie's wearing a full on wetsuit, and despite how hot that is, not very revealing as compared to Sonya's "police uniform" from MK9. All in all, I'm really pumped for this game and I too am eager for some Kitana ryona.

puca

Club Regular
Heh, this may be blasphemy, but I was never a big fan of the ninja mask thing. Would prefer to see more female characters with their faces revealed, though with Netherrealms' track record with modeling women... :S At least they've learned how not to make them look like men (*cough* Wonder Woman *cough*).

Definitely agreed that the characters seem to be less overtly sexualized. It's kind of funny, I'm usually all for female characters having more practical outfits, but it's a little disappointing to see in MK :P

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Totally. MK seems like one of those over the top games where you can break someone's jaw and they'll get up after it. Losing the over sexualization seems to take away a part of that over the top nature.

supe41

Potential Patron
Hoopla said everything. Netherrealm is scaling back on the sexuality and we can realize this not just because of "Cassie Cage's decency" but because of Kitana's ass covered at the first time in MK history, and because of D'Vorah. D'Vorah is such a monster... they really doesn't went to create a character to get "ryoned" when they designed her.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't mind outfits that leave more to the imagination. I certainly don't mind having dozens of Mai Shiranuis, Ivy Valentines, or Mileenas running around but it's not bad to have alternatives.
That said, MK seems to have a history of giving most characters two costumes, so while their default may be more sensible I imagine a few alts at the least will be pleasing.
Besides, there is a difference between sexy and skimpy. The aforementioned Cassie wearing a wet-suit for instance. Done right even a non-skin showing suit like that is sexy as all hell. Hell, most super heroines go for similar looks, and don't we all love us some super heroines.

Side topic: The game comes out in April right? Who's planning to get a copy, and for what system? I may hold off for a few months until I hear about DLC content; as I have to budget for my games... but when I get a copy it'll be on PS4.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
I posted my review of Kitana's new costume in my Art thread; you can read it there, if you're interested. Short version is: I'm withholding ratings for now, but I'm quietly optimistic, and I think it works, both as fanservice and on a plot level.

Now granted, I'm a raging Kitana fanboy; she could have anything on, even a giant panda bear suit, and I'd still be fapping! So... my opinions on this matter may not be as objective and sensible as y'alls. But I really do think this costume can work - it's not the best I've seen her in, but it's far from the worst, and as controversial as this might sound, my intitial reaction has been slightly more positive than it was with her MK9 bikini (the loin cloth, hated the loin cloth, still do). Furthermore, as others have pointed out, she'll have a second costume... and a third, maybe even a fourth.

As for whether I'm getting the game: yes. Now that Kitana has been konfirmed, I will get it. I've actually been avoiding all news about this game for fear that they wouldn't bring back Kitana and I'd be getting my hopes up for absolutely nothing (this is a common pattern with me), but now that she is here, I am willing to think, talk, and even preorder this game. In fact, the only thing that is stopping me from preordering right this very minute is that it is still early, and I do not know if there are going to be store-or-console specific exclusives. All else being equal, I will get the PS3 version, since the only system I *have* is a PS3! However, if one store has a Kitana and/or Cassie centric DLC (aside- I miss Sonya, replacing her with Cassie is far more worrying to me than unsexifying Kitana's outfit), then I will buy it there. I'm also willing to buy a new system if, say, that system has an exclusive Flesh Pits Kitana model, but this is a stretch. Most likely, it will just come down to whatever retailer offers the best Kitana flavoured merchandise.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Side topic: The game comes out in April right? Who's planning to get a copy, and for what system? I may hold off for a few months until I hear about DLC content; as I have to budget for my games... but when I get a copy it'll be on PS4.

One for PC please... and more Kitana extra costumes

D

Deleted member 31

Haha I'm straight up excited for this game now simply because Kitana is confirmed. I like her for ryona but I also like using her.

Locusta

Vivacious Visitor
Well I think D'Vorah will look fantastic getting ryona'd lol.
I hope there is a new incarnation of Sheeva for that matter.

If Kitana is returning, I hope they bring Sindel back as well. Continuity be damned.

Covered asses and less absurdly revealing clothing is just and well providing there are sexier costumes to pick from for the sassier fighters. And for the male characters as well? I mean it's 2015 right. It would make 'reverse' ryona a lot more fun if Kung Lao had a fleshpits outfit. We should have sexy and prudish costume choices alike.

I actually hope they tone down the battle-damage triggers. Maybe limit lasting wounds to damage inflicted by combos above 4 hits, x-rays or throws? It was strange in MK9 to have your character's eyelids torn off by repeated sweeps.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Reptile has been confirmed to be coming back. Nothing yet on Jade or Sindel. Reptile's fatality, and all of the fatalites shown so far, look really ryona friendly. The close up camera angles and the more painful and gruesome deaths will probably make mk ryona lovers happy. It's gonna be a hard one between this and DOA5LR.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to put in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfm6JzuoZQ

Rakkar

Potential Patron
At first I was like fuck this I want strippers in MKX but now I think I'm going to like this more than MK9. They really made the game more realistic which I think is a plus.
Also there is new info up for this, you'll have to google stuff yourselves because the amount of new information can't all be found on one page, but they recently did do a twitch feed which has Kitana vs Reptile footage here:
NRS latest twitch

There's also a more traditional Kitana 2nd outfit for those who like the old looks and (might anger some peeps with this one) DLC starting as early as day 1.

I think the DLC day 1 thing is kind of bullshit but IDK. I like the game enough so I might get it all, but we'll have to see what's actually in it first.

Lastly, nothing has been officially confirmed yet but I believe NRS put out a video with Mileena appearing on the tower in their new game mode, and either an alternate outfit of Cassie (which looks like Sonya) or Sonya will in fact be in the game. Same for Jax, if anyone is a Jax fan.

And Jade is officially out, but one of Kitana's style's will feature a lot of Jade-type moves and the staff and throwing-star-thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.