Flowers of War (Discussion Thread) (1 Viewer)

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Posted. Litty is kind of like Alice, my character fighting SonicMarioHero's character in PM, but not entirely. She's a prodigy so we better watch out! I'll get a character sheet for her after I work on other stuff.

puca

Club Regular
Just posting Yuri and a tweaked Heaven (her old eyes were bugging me a bit ^^):

aw8CYjC.png

rFHR0Eo.png

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Awesome! Thanks once again Puca! Really amazing image of Yuri :D

I'll be posting sometime tonight. Just been helluva busy with Comic Con around the corner. It will be the last time I'll be able to post until Monday though as I'll be away for a few days :)

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I need to come up with some iconic design choice that you can look and say, "ah, I know where she's from" and more subtle cuteness. Might make the undershirt whatever thing black and form fitting as well. Maybe change the skirt up some too. Maybe get more whites and silver in there, although if I have black and red as well it might get crowded with too many colors. We'll see. Could be good to have a picture of them in various stages of dress when putting on the layers of armor. Not for fanservice, mind you. XD

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I want to come up with more info on kingdom but I keep getting distracted. Arg! Well, I'll catch up on reading the IC, probably get a post in there if you guys need me too, and then work on kingdom info in the coming days. Need to work on my hero as well.

Last edited:

puca

Club Regular
So! This is where my noobishness with freeform RPs come into play. Now that we've actually got characters in conflict, what's the... polite way of writing other people's characters? Like, if I make an attack with Fenria on Jade, how much damage should I do? Or do I just sort of... go for it, and we all figure it out as we go along? :P

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
So! This is where my noobishness with freeform RPs come into play. Now that we've actually got characters in conflict, what's the... polite way of writing other people's characters? Like, if I make an attack with Fenria on Jade, how much damage should I do? Or do I just sort of... go for it, and we all figure it out as we go along? :P

If you guys have a specific outcome in mind then you can discuss the attacks together with the person you are up against and type up the damage you're doing or whatever you guys decide in your own post because it's agreed upon.

If you guys are fighting and it's up in the air what the attacks would do, you would only post your character's specific actions. For example, say that she rushes her target and attempts to slam her fist into her stomach. The person controlling your opponent would then write a response using only their own characters actions. One response is to take damage, which they decide how much, such as if they think their character was able to dodge it slightly or get caught off guard and take a direct hit, etc. It's possible that they can unleash their own attack against you for you to respond against in the next post during this time.However, if your opponent is dazed or something it would make sense that they wouldn't have time for a counterattack and would only be posting responses to taking the damage as you can keep attacking them and seeing how much damage they are taking. Maybe they try to punch but you know in that circumstance it would be feeble and your character's response is to easily block it and keep the beat down going.

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Hopefully this roleplay isn't dying. I'll come up with a post tomorrow.

I thought of a better design for the foot soldiers but still not complete yet. I could have a more light hearted, less grounded in realism version of this world as well. The empire could be seen more as the good guys as well but does have some enemies. Monsters would likely be the main threat in this version. I may add elves in there and cat-girls.

Big-ronso

Avid Affiliate
I would like to join you with this imperial character > . < I hope it goes well

Name: Lasombra Rosali
Class: Alchemist

Character: Rosali has a very nice personality is affable in reality, almost empathic understanding the bisgni the other, a bit like the girl next door.
Rather inteligente and dedication to the arts of war that most intellectuals, Rosali continues to develop and groped to improve the medical knowledge of the kingdom regardless of the cost, in fact, although he knows that his research are used for military outbursts trusts that more lives saved that those that are switched off.
He does not like to fight, and a very bad swordsman (at least for their positions and skill mean sword fighter) but its tentacles are strong and can enable it to win the fights, but hates to show his true face.
When hunger prevails in her and quite seductive, bold and aggressive only one thing matters feed and stop the pain, because he knows that most resist more severe and will have to consume more energy to return completely lucid.
And convinced that his studies and methods of the empress will lead to a better world then acts without hesitation and second thoughts about it, try a sick pleasure to wrap the victim in its tentacles, beat them to the ground and slowly see them pass out from lack of energy, then play with them as if they were her dolls.

History: Rosali born in the heart of the empire from a wealthy family as the 5th daughter.
His family always respected Empress and has supported his policy which influenced in the same way the same girl.
The Lasombra having been blessed with such a high number of daughters have quickly decided to leave some of them to the army in order to make known their allegiance.
Although this honor Rechel touch to the third daughter. Esmen fourth. and of course her.
Of course, passing a comfortable childhood and without dangers for the three sisters was very hard training as basic.
The three were quickly separated fortunately for Rosali passion for herbs and medicine made her a camp doctor far from the front lines where now her sisters resting among the piles of bodies of imperial soldiers.
it blows hard Rosali who decided not to contact the family ever again devoting himself only to his regiment her new family.
Learning from books and on the field Rosali learned well to provide first aid and even advanced care which allowed her to advance cariera and deal more capable and so soldiers leaving the simple soldiers to their fate.
Rosali taken various initiatives such as the Adestramento a unit of field medics to get around even a little losses, up to the creation of concoctions that stimulated healing over time and the ability to fight.
His iniative not therefore go unnoticed one of the bigwigs decided that a person of such talent should not take any risks on the battlefield so venen move towards the heart of the empire where he could develop new potions and train new doctors to work alongside the united elite .
Ironically Rosali was safe from the blades of enemies but not by the hand of death a serious illness strikes young alchemist who after several attempts at treatment without sucess in despair took a concoction combining the properties of Maea and other healing herbs.
Well stop the advance of the sickly, but considering that the effect had to be healed was a complete disaster.
Rosali also seemed not fully compatible with the power of the gods in fact developing a painful addiction, addiction to "consume" the vital energy of others.
Rosali start to make not just disappear men and women to feed so satisfying its new needs, but using their bodies to more and more daring experiments.
Over time, its activities were noted and the guard try to stop it with sucess unfortunately for her, but not before he broke several bones in girls and killing others.
A few weeks after his capture incappuciata a woman asked her to continue her research at the Imperial Palace as a new royal alchemist, in exchange for forgiveness but on condition that he worked on certain projects.
Rosali little vinegar because that contract, even provedeva the supply of fresh energy to feed his appetites.
So here they are there to work for the Empress in person

Powers donated by Maea . Maya has developed an unusual gift , the young alchemist can back out three to four tentacles of the 4-meter range .
Each of them to the suction cups and is also extremely flexible and prehensile some slimy thing I do not like to Rosali , but returning to the practical side .
The tentacles have the ability to absorb the energy of life of those touched by giving it the same Rosali that will be able to heal their own wounds . Rosali the body as that of a common human but the tentacles have a physical capacity tripled .
In fact they could easily raise the same Rosali . hitting hard objects or persons ghermirle wrapping and block shots .
Rosali also now has the ability to perceive the vital forces of the living creatures within 10 meters from her riconoscndo even those who are endowed with powers .
Rosali also with a lot of concentration can move your life energy or stored in an ally to reinvigorate it or cure it .

Penalties donated by Maea . Rosali is not fully compatible with these powers in fact, the young man quickly tired and needs constant nourishment for not trying hunger pains.
Inolte Despite the tentacles are very strong girl's body weakened if , in fact the weak point of the girl and her body that now depends on potions and tonics to keep it in force .

image:
456 Artemis Reficul By Cicada Media D7Hef2D in Album: Artist: Cicada

puca

Club Regular
Sorry, I'm afflicted by a serious case of analysis paralysis. I just way overthink things, and I'm reluctant to do something to someone's character that they didn't want. But I guess that's what y'know, discussion and this thread are for ^^;;;

I'll let you guys dictate the flow of battle till I get more comfortable, but I've got an Imperial and Rebel character in play, so we should be able to keep this moving ^^

For anyone who's involved, feel free to join the fights! They don't need to be duels.

As a side note, Altheira has good physical stats but based on what I've seen, Litty ought to be a lot faster than she is.

Feel free to use her squires. Killing one or both will make Altheira really mad.

Both Fenria and Altheira are overconfident, so that can be used against them. Fenria's overconfidence is mostly deserved (she's a beast), while Altheira's comes from her inexperience and the fact that she really is an excellent fighter.

Last edited:

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Haha. I'm a little far behind on events. I've been kind of used to how BoK plays with everyone making one post per turn but this seems to be purely playbypost. With that in mind I'll have to catch up on whats going on and then see where I can throw Yuri. She's no doubt going to be a surprise for someone since she hasn't revealed herself.

Would anyone like to combat her? Naturally she's all ninja and has an ability to teleport as her bio describes.

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I would like to join you with this imperial character > . < I hope it goes well

Rather inteligente and dedication to the arts of war that most intellectuals, Rosali continues to develop and groped to improve the medical knowledge of the kingdom regardless of the cost, in fact, although he knows that his research are used for military outbursts trusts that more lives saved that those that are switched off.

456 Artemis Reficul By Cicada Media D7Hef2D in Album: Artist: Cicada

"Groped to improve the medical knowledge" is the best typo of the year. At least I assume it's a typo. XD

The character should work just nicely. I can understand the translations well enough so don't worry too much. However, you say "he" when your character is actually a "she" unless I'm missing something. Whatever the case, nothing we can't overcome with clarification in this thread from time to time.

puca

Club Regular
Alright, so before we get into the fight, how much damage are you guys willing to take? This goes for Jade and Litty... and I guess everyone else who might get involved in the fight!

Short of death or something like dismemberment, feel free to inflict whatever you want on Altheira and Fenria. I'll follow your lead (or start off once you let me know your thresholds!)

Big-ronso

Avid Affiliate
I will always give a second correction but some things escape me

it is a she , but during the phrases often that the translator uses the male ( and then becomes he )

if there are other things that are not clear, tell me. for the picture was the one that most approached to my idea , because I know not draw

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.