Flowers of War (Discussion Thread) (1 Viewer)

puca

Club Regular
I was planning on having them developed over time rather than having a long production period at the start putting everything off. They empire is the most developed in my head, of course, but I'll try to get more info on various places in the coming days.

Alright, cool. What are your thoughts on player input on the fleshing-out/development of the non-Empire factions? Totally cool if you wanted to handle that yourself though.

puca

Club Regular
Actually I do have a question! I saw Altheira themed as a holy knight-type character, which implies a kingdom with a strong church. I've got her coming from Ranun right now, but would she be better suited coming from another nation?

puca

Club Regular
Here's my take on Maya. Thanks to Sonic for letting me draw her :)

FoNKmOI.png

puca

Club Regular
Alright, here's Jade!

SqxZQOD.png

One of the hardest parts about drawing is inspiration. I love doing it and I want to get better at it but a blank page is my worst enemy. Thanks for allowing me to use you guys as inspiration!

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I'm inspired by your inspiration!

I'll do by best to get something started before I go to bed! I don't think I'll have anything from a particular character's point of view, but instead give us the setting and such to setup the rebel group's attack on the empress's palace. Maybe post as random zako point of view sensing something is wrong and investigate, which is when our characters swoop in. The rebels will likely be winning until the bad girls with powers come in. The guards are weaker than normal to draw the rebels further into the palace to get trapped.

After I do this first post I'll put some more thought into my characters and the various kingdoms. Most of them will be like city-states. Think Skyrim where a king or queen rules over a single city and it's surrounding landscape/smaller villages.

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Heryth is the most deeply religious kingdom.

Worship of the single goddess is common all throughout the land, although to various degrees of devotion. Most just pray every so often and participate in certain rituals like holidays. The goddess isn't all powerful, mainly seen as the one who sets things into motion and the provider of energy. Helpers are mentioned in ancient text that some elevate to being lessor goddesses that should be worshiped. This is ambiguous.

Being struck down to hell for all eternity is not a commonly believed concept. Their afterlife is more like a void neither heaven nor hell, but interpretations here are the most debated. Most believe it can certainly become hell-like.

puca

Club Regular
Heryth is the most deeply religious kingdom.

Worship of the single goddess is common all throughout the land, although to various degrees of devotion. Most just pray every so often and participate in certain rituals like holidays. The goddess isn't all powerful, mainly seen as the one who sets things into motion and the provider of energy. Helpers are mentioned in ancient text that some elevate to being lessor goddesses that should be worshiped. This is ambiguous.

Awesome! I think I'll work on revising Altheira's background/description to reflect a Heryth origin. Do you have any specific ideas for Heryth or should I just sort of flesh it out myself?

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Even though I already have an image for my character, I wouldn't mind seeing Yuri in your style if you have the time =)

puca

Club Regular
I'm still feeling new at this, so I'm going to play the RP tentatively for now and let someone else direct the flow of the story :)

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I shall see to getting a post out tonight unless I procrastinate. I'm assuming everyone who wanted to get their first post out before we continue has done so.

I got a new computer so am getting it all set up. New computer, newfound inspiration to get my drawing tablet dusted off as well! Hmm...as for drawing a bunch of stuff on deviantart, perhaps I'll use a different setting as my main ryona. Perhaps some futuristic corporation uses female warriors who can use different weapons/magic created by something akin to aura. Maybe there will be different planets they can travel to so some aliens like catgirls join. Despite being aliens they all have a common ancestor so are human-like for the most part. Maybe some tentacle race of evil beings. wink wink.

There would be like a rivalry between different corporations with this ability and one of them evil, as a lot of people would like bad girls as zako more than just good girls. The bad girls could be a certain alien race where the tech first developed but earthlings stole it to be able to fight back? Sounds good to me.

puca

Club Regular
I shall see to getting a post out tonight unless I procrastinate. I'm assuming everyone who wanted to get their first post out before we continue has done so.

Can't wait!

I got a new computer so am getting it all set up. New computer, newfound inspiration to get my drawing tablet dusted off as well!

Awesome! I'd love to see your art. I'd still like to see your drawing of the Imperial soldier armor as well.

I've shelved my take on the Imperial armor for now. It's tough - I totally get where you're coming from with wanting more reasonable/protective-looking armor, but we are doing a ryona thing, so I also want the armor to be sexy!

Speaking of armor, I decided to do some doodling today on some design ideas for Heryth knights and squires (or in other words Altheira and her squires' armor). The squires are following the zako-esque trend I feel we're establishing for FoW where they're rather lightly armored.

bhSfFvi.jpg

Apparently sidetails are a hairstyle trend in Heryth :P

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Nice drawing as usual.

You can do a sexy variant of the imperial armor. The whole army wouldn't wear it, but I can easily enough suspend my disbelief if you say that certain groups would wear such armor, especially in warmer environments and also in poorer areas where they're just given something like a tiny chestpiece and say, "there you go! You girls have fun now!" I'll draw their practical armor that will be a default for the average soldier. It will still be on the form fitting and feminine side as much as I can reasonably take it for practicality.

puca

Club Regular
Thanks!

And hmm, regarding armor I guess it also comes down to the type of world we're playing around with. In some fantasy (plenty of anime come to mind), the characters' idea of modesty is vastly different from ours. Everybody runs around in bikinis and no one bats an eye. But I see that for FoW we're going for something a little more realistic. That's fine by me!

It will still be on the form fitting and feminine side as much as I can reasonably take it for practicality.

That actually sounds plenty sexy to me! I don't think we'll particularly need a "sexy" variant unless there's a specific reason for it (like slave warriors or courtesan bodyguards or something).

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
The empire may indeed use slave warriors. I know it happens in real life, but it seems odd that people train and equip slaves to become warriors but not expect them to turn against their captures. I guess the slaves must think it's too risky to rebel or something given their numbers, but then again it's risky fighting for their captures anyways against opposing armies. Weird. Well, slaves do indeed rebel from time to time.

It's not so much modesty as in they don't want to get stabbed in their exposed bodies. XD They likely have public bathing and such so see each other naked from time to time. Therefore, seeing each other topless wouldn't bat an eye nearly as much as in America.

I'm watching some battle documentaries on youtube. Could be fun just documenting various battles that take place. Not even purely as a ryona thing, just a very cool and fascinating thing as well. I got Word onto this computer now so can type up some stuff. I'd obviously need to expand on my kingdoms...oh yeah, and post in the roleplay here. That should come first. This roleplay doesn't need to focus on the larger battles, which will mainly be background information here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.