Flowers of War (Discussion Thread) (1 Viewer)

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
They are removing a mass from the brain but it seems easy as far as that is concerned so it should turn out all right. The surgery is monday so if everything goes good after that I'll get this thing started up.

puca

Club Regular
Hey FoW peeps. I wanna practice drawing, so for anyone interested, I'll try and do a character shot for ya. I'm still finding my style and y'know, getting good, so no promises on quality :P

If you're interested, just gimme a description (don't forget build - ie muscular, slender, curvy, etc) and point me to some reference. I may take some artistic liberties if the outfit is based on someone else's work.

Last edited:

Jade1503

Swell Supporter
Hey FoW peeps. I wanna practice drawing, so for anyone interested, I'll try and do a character shot for ya. I'm still finding my style and y'know, getting good, so no promises on quality :P

If you're interested, just gimme a description (don't forget build - ie muscular, slender, curvy, etc) and point me to some reference. I may take some artistic liberties if the outfit is based on someone else's work.

Hi there, I can let you try drawing my character Natasha: she's the red-head: Hentai Foundry

So try to give muscles ;)

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
She's feeling better and at home! I'll have more duties such as cooking and such, I'm sure, while she recovers in the coming weeks, but I'll make enough time to post on a semi-regular basis at the very least. Hopefully at least once a week in the actual roleplay (or maybe twice) and posting here as well to answer questions that you may have, as I'm sure there are still questions I've yet the answer.

Lots of spears and sabres if Dynasty Warriors is anything to go by :P

So I've never really done a freeform RP like this before (mostly my experience is tabletop stuff). How does it work exactly? Secret, it seems like you have an overarching plot in mind, or at least directions to steer the story right? And for conflicts, are they just resolved naturally through RP?

That sounds about right. The empire will use spears as well but not quite as much as Xir. The overarching plot will be trying to kill the queen, who is likely up to no good. However, I'm leaving it up to all of us to steer things how we want. For example, if you have your character charge into some battle head first because that's what they'd do, that could change the outcome of things than if we decide to go some secret path, for example. Conflicts will be resolved naturally or the people involved can predetermine the outcome if desired.

Hey FoW peeps. I wanna practice drawing, so for anyone interested, I'll try and do a character shot for ya. I'm still finding my style and y'know, getting good, so no promises on quality.

I'm thinking of drawing the empire soldiers once my mom gets completely back to normal to give me even more time to get back to normal. However, perhaps you can draw your interpretation of them based on the image I gave. The uniform you guys come up with can all be canon as they have a variety of uniforms based on the specific unit. Although I like realism so they wouldn't be running around nude, I will allow some units to be more skimpy if you guys insist, preferably with some excuse. Well, I do remember stories of some group of soldiers who did fight naked in ancients times, actually, but they were probably just very stupid. XD

Not for this roleplay, but I have a character named Alice (not very original, I'll admit) who I'd like to draw who I can use in ryona stuff a lot. She loves fighting and is quirky/fun loving. Kind of cocky too.

Last edited:

puca

Club Regular
Congratulations! That's awesome news!

Although I like realism so they wouldn't be running around nude, I will allow some units to be more skimpy if you guys insist, preferably with some excuse.

To be fair, pretty simple explanation - Imperial troops rely on numbers to defeat their opponents right? And since the Empire doesn't have the resources (or cares enough) to equip them all with any reasonable amount of armor, it really doesn't matter how much skin they're showing. I don't think the Imperial troops should be running around naked or anything, but I'm thinking of a general style and armor-to-skin ratio like alexichabane's (Josara the Conqueror/Riviarian Battle Painting) or trebuxet's (PlusTercia wide promo) stuff.

Last edited:

MayaLazarus

Casual Client
Not for this roleplay, but I have a character named Alice (not very original, I'll admit) who I'd like to draw who I can use in ryona stuff a lot. She loves fighting and is quirky/fun loving. Kind of cocky too.
Alice is that blonde girl in the rp we're doing together right? That's cool! Maybe some time you could draw Maya and Alice together from the zako rp after they fight?

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
To be fair, pretty simple explanation - Imperial troops rely on numbers to defeat their opponents right? And since the Empire doesn't have the resources (or cares enough) to equip them all with any reasonable amount of armor, it really doesn't matter how much skin they're showing. I don't think the Imperial troops should be running around naked or anything, but I'm thinking of a general style and armor-to-skin ratio like alexichabane's (Josara the Conqueror/Riviarian Battle Painting) or trebuxet's (PlusTercia wide promo) stuff.

There would be groups with minimal armor indeed. The Josara picture is like their normal armor while the Riviarian is like their skimpy armor. Most people in real life would prefer to at least be clothed, although there could be a few cultures who don't care as much. A certain rebel country will be the most open to such things but perhaps some territory of the empire will be of similar tastes.

Alice is that blonde girl in the rp we're doing together right? That's cool! Maybe some time you could draw Maya and Alice together from the zako rp after they fight?

Yeah. Well, after they fight she will be out cold. XD

Could draw Maya victory posing over her and posting it on deviantart.

Could be fun creating a deviantart thing where we can post pictures and various stories from this flowers of war setting. We wouldn't have to follow a particular story from start to finish, more like posting snapshots of scenes we find interesting. We could all develop and add to the setting some more as well to flesh things out and make it even more interesting than simply, "stop an evil queen".

Last edited:

MayaLazarus

Casual Client
Oh yeah you're right about that! She would be out cold. How about like a few days after the fight where they could actually be friends drinking tea or something!

puca

Club Regular
However, perhaps you can draw your interpretation of them based on the image I gave.

Cool, I'll give that a shot soon!

Could be fun creating a deviantart thing where we can post pictures and various stories from this flowers of war setting. We wouldn't have to follow a particular story from start to finish, more like posting snapshots of scenes we find interesting. We could all develop and add to the setting some more as well to flesh things out and make it even more interesting than simply, "stop an evil queen".

That sounds fun! Just out of curiosity, how in-depth have you planned out the various kingdoms and cultures of Floriel?

Anyways, I'm still a little fuzzy on how this'll work (I'm really not used to freeform RPs!), but I'm sure I'll catch on once we get started. Can't wait!

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
That sounds fun! Just out of curiosity, how in-depth have you planned out the various kingdoms and cultures of Floriel?

I was planning on having them developed over time rather than having a long production period at the start putting everything off. They empire is the most developed in my head, of course, but I'll try to get more info on various places in the coming days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.