Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (13 Viewers)

F

FranklyMyDear

Ok so I was rereading some of the post on hear and was wondering is it a good idea to use tailor hacks or tailor exploits, and if so wear can I get them or learn how to use them?

Short answer; "You don't." .

The methods used to get the unlocked tailor were (afaik) all broken with the same update that broke this mod. With that said, if you did have outfits made using that tailor then you can keep using them until you try to edit them in the normal tailor, in which case the game resets them to some random crap and you essentially lose the outfit.

As for whether its a good idea to do it.... well, is this mod a good idea to you? It's still going against what cryptic wants, so whether its a good idea is up to you.
Just, whatever you do, do *not* go around wearing the 'fancy' outfits publicly, or do stupid things like hang around devs or post screenshots of you or other folks wearing such outfits on the internet.

as is a exploit it's a bad idea imo

If that's the case, then why are you here? This uses the same techniques.
I'd hardly call it an exploit. It's not giving you any kind of in game advantage over other players. If it gave you the ability to grind XP 100 times faster, or made your ship massively more powerful than other players, then yes it'd be an exploit. But it doesn't.

William Michael Phillips

Vivacious Visitor
Short answer; "You don't." .

The methods used to get the unlocked tailor were (afaik) all broken with the same update that broke this mod. With that said, if you did have outfits made using that tailor then you can keep using them until you try to edit them in the normal tailor, in which case the game resets them to some random crap and you essentially lose the outfit.

As for whether its a good idea to do it.... well, is this mod a good idea to you? It's still going against what cryptic wants, so whether its a good idea is up to you.
Just, whatever you do, do *not* go around wearing the 'fancy' outfits publicly, or do stupid things like hang around devs or post screenshots of you or other folks wearing such outfits on the internet.

Ok I get it now thanks for the advice, now hopefully some one comes up with a new way to unlock the Tailor.

Daedalus

Content Creator
I wouldn't do that if I were you. But if you do use it, that's your decision.
But if the devs find out then...
b8ae664bb7670af3dcd8a7be6650bcb2449064908dac6475154dbddef22e0db5.jpg

William Michael Phillips

Vivacious Visitor
I wouldn't do that if I were you. But if you do use it, that's your decision.
But if the devs find out then...
b8ae664bb7670af3dcd8a7be6650bcb2449064908dac6475154dbddef22e0db5.jpg
I am not going to worry to much about the devs if I do use a talior hack becase I don't hang out in publicplaces in game nor do i chat with any one or post pics of my crew all over the net as I am a pretty shy and veary privit person. All so weather or not I use a Tailor hack in the futcher depends on how soon this mod is up and running again.

Quaren

Content Creator
Question. Will the tailor hack let you get full body trill spots on your Alien toons? That's a pretty glaring oversight on Craptic's part, if you ask me. How am I sposed to appreciate my Orion/Trill/Vulcan/Bajoran hybrid in all her sexiness WITHOUT full body spots, hmmm? Keep her fully covered and just pretend they're their? I don't think so! I mean, come on future! Who needs clothes when you got personal shield generators?
@Youkai-sama Your question will not be entertained here. The hack does not work as we thought it did, so please do not bring it up again.

I'm fairly certain the hack is not coming back to this version of the mod. You may be on your own.

Poplan

Content Creator
The ZTS The ZTS Clamman5 Clamman5 I have begun my delve and I thought I'd share my initial impressions (I haven't spent a lot of time on this yet and forgive me if any of this is really obvious or already discussed; it's 1:30am, be nice to me. :) )

There appears to be a general consolidation to reduce redundant data. ST.90.20180917a.0 v.s. ST.64.20160618a.20 (I had it handy) the costume* bin files have been reduced from 28 to 19 files and about half the overall size. Similar changes with the bins\metadata list as well.

Peeking comparisons of the bins like Costumegeometry.bin vs Costumegeometryclient.Bin there is a lot of repeated data between the two (the files are not the same but there's a lot of repeated information) so my guess is Cryptic is trying to consolidate the data files so they don't have the exact same thing in a bunch of different places.

We just need to figure out how to have our local overrides work with this new layout.

geobin doesn't seem to have changed much, in fact, F_Uniforml_Bikinibottom_Orion_01.Mset from ST.90.20180917a.0 is identical to ST.64.20160618a.20.

Less stupid, better analysis coming soon to a forum near you (?)

Shiro-kun

Content Creator
there is a lot of repeating patterns in Costumegeometry.bin not in Costumegeometryclient.Bin when you look at the hex of the file.

Poplan

Content Creator
Shiro-kun Shiro-kun repeating patterns with uncompressed data (especially graphics) is pretty typical. What I'm talking about is stuff like "This exact mesh is in 3 different files" going to "This mesh is in one file."

(This is just an example.)

Last edited:

merder222

Potential Patron
If that's the case, then why are you here? This uses the same techniques.
I'd hardly call it an exploit. It's not giving you any kind of in game advantage over other players. If it gave you the ability to grind XP 100 times faster, or made your ship massively more powerful than other players, then yes it'd be an exploit. But it doesn't.
because i don't mind changing visuals to more skin but i don't want to use outfits that are out of faction as to me that is like shouting "hey i use a mod that Cryptic didn't want" but using a combo that is available normally only patched client side is just as effective but way more subtle

F

FranklyMyDear

because i don't mind changing visuals to more skin but i don't want to use outfits that are out of faction as to me that is like shouting "hey i use a mod that Cryptic didn't want" but using a combo that is available normally only patched client side is just as effective but way more subtle

Which is why you don't run around with such outfits publicly, or post screenshots of yourself in said outfits etc., something which you shouldn't do with any MMO mod, to be perfectly honest. Yes, folks have been caught doing just this with nude mods, "Skybuckflying" was one such idiot some years ago and got banned for it.

Frankly, I think it's rather hypocritical to use one mod while decrying another that uses basically the same method.

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
The ZTS The ZTS Clamman5 Clamman5 I have begun my delve and I thought I'd share my initial impressions (I haven't spent a lot of time on this yet and forgive me if any of this is really obvious or already discussed; it's 1:30am, be nice to me. :) )

There appears to be a general consolidation to reduce redundant data. ST.90.20180917a.0 v.s. ST.64.20160618a.20 (I had it handy) the costume* bin files have been reduced from 28 to 19 files and about half the overall size. Similar changes with the bins\metadata list as well.

Peeking comparisons of the bins like Costumegeometry.bin vs Costumegeometryclient.Bin there is a lot of repeated data between the two (the files are not the same but there's a lot of repeated information) so my guess is Cryptic is trying to consolidate the data files so they don't have the exact same thing in a bunch of different places.

We just need to figure out how to have our local overrides work with this new layout.

geobin doesn't seem to have changed much, in fact, F_Uniforml_Bikinibottom_Orion_01.Mset from ST.90.20180917a.0 is identical to ST.64.20160618a.20.

Less stupid, better analysis coming soon to a forum near you (?)

I do have some good news however. All the files I need to make the nude mod are still present in the Costumegeometry.bin
Seems like cryptic did away with the costumegeometryclient bin because it was redundant, since Costumegeometry contains all the needed information anyways.

Right now I'm just waiting for somewhere to modify the toolset to read costumegeometry. I have access to the gibbed tools source but I have very little knowledge of how to modify and repack code in microsoft visual studio.

We can definitely 100% get this mod back running, all the files are there. I just can't get the necessary bins open. The toolset has to be modified.

Poplan

Content Creator
Guess it's time run ConvertResource in the debugger...

Clamman5 Clamman5 Does the source you posted for me include the changes you've made as well? Maybe we should fork this on github if we get this working.

Clamman5 Clamman5 The ZTS The ZTS Very initial poking around indicates that structurally the bin format (at least with the spot checks I did) is pretty much the same so once I have gibbed tools source setup with my Visual Studio I'll try to find out exactly why it's kerploding and fix it. (In other words they didn't do anything radical like change all INTs to DWORDs etc.)

Last edited:

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
Guess it's time run ConvertResource in the debugger...

Clamman5 Clamman5 Does the source you posted for me include the changes you've made as well? Maybe we should fork this on github if we get this working.

Clamman5 Clamman5 The ZTS The ZTS Very initial poking around indicates that structurally the bin format (at least with the spot checks I did) is pretty much the same so once I have gibbed tools source setup with my Visual Studio I'll try to find out exactly why it's kerploding and fix it. (In other words they didn't do anything radical like change all INTs to DWORDs etc.)

The master source I posted includes changes made by Belechannas. I haven't touched it. That's good to hear, once you run it in visual studio the problem should be more apparent.

Shiro-kun

Content Creator
Quick question, wont it be simpler to modify the .mset files to achieve the desired outcome ?

Looking @ the textures that still work made me wonder how exactly does the game read files from localdata so I extracted bins.hogg again and copied the geobins content to \Localdata\bin\geobin\cl\A\F then I just deleted the file for the top I am wearing and renamed another top to the deleted one. Result I am a floating tail :P but at least It does appear that files does not have to be packed for the game to read changes.

I also found this PlumberTaskForce/MSET-Decompiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.