Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (4 Viewers)

The ZTS

Content Creator
Clamman5 Clamman5 Daedalus Daedalus B belechannas Poplan Poplan I'm tagging everyone I can think of.

Even the launcher is different. Patching has been INSANELY streamlined. However, ,there is a new option in "Options" that lets you use the 32-bit client. We need to look at both the 32 bit and 64 bit client. I think it was said that there's shit missing from the 64 bit client that lets us create the serializers. If the changes are present in both variants...it's entirely possible Cryptic is trying to put more effort into retrofitting their old-ass engine.

For someone that still has unpatched content,, copy it somewhere else and download the new stuff, unpack both, and try to do a diff or something on the filesizes. It's entirely possible the strategy is elsewhere now.

EDIT: There's something now called the "Costume System". I can see it loading, with interesting classes such as "DynCostumes, costumecategory, costumematerial, costumebone, costumegeometry, costumeskeleton", and costumeset, and so on. It is entirely possible Cryptic has assumed the correct (but bad for us) stance of assuming the client is retarded and otherwise knows nothing about what it's talking about, and the server's content must be honored. If that's the case, there is not only nothing that can be done, there can even be nothing done about it in the future.

I don't even crash with my old mod content. It just appears to all be otherwise ignored.

Right now I'm having nothing complete short of total mental fucking panic.

Last edited:

angie.helix

Potential Patron
Typical.. why can't they leave it be?? This is why I support the idea of private servers. But of course, thats a problem to some as well. Never gonna be happy with continual BS going on.. Hey I applaud anyone who may try to get this going again I will be patient as I have been before. I wish I knew more about programming and things of that nature, I'd be on this like flies on shit if I could, make craptic, arc and all the names to go with this nonsense, lives a living hell basically telling them through my actions you will not win!! >:D Thank you 'The ZTS' for trying, and everyone else for that matter!!

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
We might have to go nude with solely texture mods now. By removing the E.wtex or editing textures in relation to its mesh in some outfits. If we can get a toolset built to open those new costume system bins (which are present in the .hogg file) I would probably be able to reverse engineer a lot of cool stuff. Assuming the client still reads bins however.

We all figured this day would come. I just want to know cryptic's motive for revamping the costume system.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
To me is clear: a lot of idiots were running all arround social zones with "exploited" costumes. We all saw the retards on ESD, DS9 and Risa with little alien toons with caitians tails or gorn head. Cryptic devs are not idiots, they probably know about the nude mod but they know that is only client, but thouse kids were running with stuff that was not only client based. I think that if we keep playing with this, we may end up burning our self. I think the future of the nude mod should be only textures.

Poplan

Content Creator
The ZTS The ZTS , I have not patched up; I'll archive it up.

On the one hand it's nice to see them working on a x64 client, on the other side it's bad if they make mods not work anymore. (My Orion gal just won't be the same with clothes on.)

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
We still can have nudes. All swimsuits can be made nude, for example. Same goes for TOS tops, Khan top and some others. So on risa you can be fully nuded, and outside Risa you can be nude on the top. Now the real problem is the lower parts outside Risa due to the skirts bug. We can make skirks disappear but there is a ugly gap beatuine the torso and legs.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Hmmm...Juan makes an interesting point. By accomodating everything we may have made it possible to remove everything clientside...who knows.

Daedalus

Content Creator
So this is what being lost in the Delta Quadrant feels like; but....
*puts on Noye costume*
This oppression will not stand! Nude shall be free! We will liberate nude from the tyranny of the Clothing Accords! We shall wipe the stain of clothes from the female body!

Daedalus

Content Creator
Hmmm...Juan makes an interesting point. By accomodating everything we may have made it possible to remove everything clientside...who knows.
The things we do, the things we do....
Btw, with this new 'update' that left us royally screwed is it possible to get at the 3D models and edit those?

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
The things we do, the things we do....
Btw, with this new 'update' that left us royally screwed is it possible to get at the 3D models and edit those?

I experimented with the 3d models, there's no way to convert them back to mset after editing them and even so the game still renders msets invisible.

The ZTS The ZTS

I do have some good news however. All the files I need to make the nude mod are still present in the Costumegeometry.bin
Seems like cryptic did away with the costumegeometryclient bin because it was redundant, since Costumegeometry contains all the needed information anyways.

Right now I'm just waiting for somewhere to modify the toolset to read costumegeometry. I have access to the gibbed tools source but I have very little knowledge of how to modify and repack code in microsoft visual studio.

Poplan

Content Creator
I know this is crazy but if local_data is still supported than Cryptic is still allowing for mods, has anyone asked Cryptic straight up? (Maybe not for an adult mod, maybe have a regular one as a use case.) (Maybe wanting to do some special uniform for some special fanfic type thing.)

Clamman5

Swell Supporter
For reference this is the error we get when trying to decompile costumegeometry and playercostume bins.
cmd.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.