Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (4 Viewers)

Quaren

Content Creator
Hrn. I have to entirely change the technique now. On the plus side, though, after what seems like forever, I understand how Password's original modding worked. He used GNU patch ported to Windows to much more cleanly modify the files instead of straight overwriting them. This should massively increase the install speed as we've gone from working with a bazillion different files to only one or two.

WAIT! HOLD IT! Does that also mean that a new ship getting introduced into the game won't automatically break the mod?! Because if I understand you correctly, the end user ought to be able to get away with uninstalling and then reinstalling.

Daedalus

Content Creator
New stuff will break the mod in one way or another; there's no way around that. But with this new setup, updating will be much quicker.

The ZTS

Content Creator
I think so. I have to play with GNU patch and see how exactly it works. I'm not sure if it has to be abbreviated files or the whole file yet either.

However, I may create a sort of autoupdate facility that allows the user to automagicaly unpack their bins to get the new definiitons, reapply the patches, and then magically bin it all back up like nothing happened.

Quaren

Content Creator
I think so. I have to play with GNU patch and see how exactly it works. I'm not sure if it has to be abbreviated files or the whole file yet either.

However, I may create a sort of autoupdate facility that allows the user to automagicaly unpack their bins to get the new definiitons, reapply the patches, and then magically bin it all back up like nothing happened.

Unless PWE restructures the entire file system.......again.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Which is likely. With the last few updates, we've seen a more orderly organization of game files and features, plus I'm sure everyone's noticed the sudden random increase in cutscene and animation quality in some emotes.

The ZTS

Content Creator
I think I can confirm a future autoupdate function! Let me explain.

Since Password used some cool stuff involving GNU patch and GNU diff, I think I can make patch files that will allow users to automagically update their installations whenever there's a new update! I have to create a way for myself to diff the changes between files, so this will take me a little longer, but the end result will be a smaller installation payload and a much faster installation method.

Basically, for those that don't know what this is, patch and diff allow for a user to view the differences between files, and patch allows us to modify certain lines in text files. STO's game definitions are in XML, which is just a really fancy text file, so we can directly patch the sections we need to edit and be done.

Plus, the coolest thing is that you can even patch the patch files with GNU patch and GNU diff, which gets inceptive but can be REALLY useful, as it means we can deploy micropatches with installers so people can have either the full installer, or the installer-detected micropatch.

I've got a program right now that's running over the differences between my current source stuff and the current shard's defs, so I might have a faster installer to test tonight too.

Keep hope all!

The ZTS

Content Creator
Not quite. I'm updating things so that the Cardassian partsbuckets are properly reflected in the mod's removals. Plus I have to see how well the tests fare on my own stuff.

Poplan

Content Creator
Yay! I wish I had helped more, instead I'm still doing emergency coding for clients because of a long-standing API going EOL at the end of the year.

Youkai-sama

Potential Patron
ok, this is weird. I can't find the folder or the file i need to alter for the boob direction anywhere. And i did a search for them in the STO folder and my entire C:\ drive. I'm lost now.

Quaren

Content Creator
ok, this is weird. I can't find the folder or the file i need to alter for the boob direction anywhere. And i did a search for them in the STO folder and my entire C:\ drive. I'm lost now.

If you're trying to use the installer from the first post, don't. It's broken.

Youkai-sama

Potential Patron
I'm not. There were instructions to find an xml file in a specific folder and change some values. Can't find the folder or the file.
In the scaleinfos folder look for and open Startrekfemalescalegroups.xml
Nowhere to be found in my searches.

Youkai-sama

Potential Patron
Oh, so that explains why it's not there; it was never added to my files. So i guess that means i gotta wait for the next iteration then? I'll just set the custom to my normal 1.5 then make the other adjustments.

bberge

Potential Patron
Not quite. I'm updating things so that the Cardassian partsbuckets are properly reflected in the mod's removals. Plus I have to see how well the tests fare on my own stuff.
Cardassian partsbuckets ... that sounds gruesome. :eek:

If there's anything I can do to help test updates, let me know. I've got captains in a wide variety of playable species, all C-store costumes, and a few lobi store costumes to play with.

T

TehDoctorr

I'm kind of confused, I've only been following this for about a month. Does Standby mean there's a working version out and that it's just not publicly available yet?

Quaren

Content Creator
I'm kind of confused, I've only been following this for about a month. Does Standby mean there's a working version out and that it's just not publicly available yet?

Nope. It means it's in standby until a working version is available at all. It is possible to manually install, but I forget where that download is.

The ZTS

Content Creator
Yeah, I ran into a slight RL hiccup, had to explain to my ISP I lost internet and it was 100% not my fault, had to get escalated clear up to the enterprise support department because nobody understood what I was saying. I anticipate having something ready for testing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.