Slingerbult's Loader Dialogues (NEW: Sexy Sisters Saga, chapter 4!) (1 Viewer)

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Hey guys - just found a major problem with the new bundle. ONE letter mistake left from troubleshooting will clear your save data if you load the game. I've taken the bundle down and I'm now uploading a corrected version. If you already downloaded and want to fix it yourself, edit the dialogue.txt and change SAVESETVARS to SAVEGETVARS at line "start". Sorry for any inconvenience!

EDIT: Corrected bundle is live, update #2016-11-29-B

Last edited:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hey guys - just found a major problem with the new bundle. ONE letter mistake left from troubleshooting will clear your save data if you load the game. I've taken the bundle down and I'm now uploading a corrected version. If you already downloaded and want to fix it yourself, edit the dialogue.txt and change SAVESETVARS to SAVEGETVARS at line "start". Sorry for any inconvenience!

EDIT: Corrected bundle is live, update #2016-11-29-B

Ah ah ah ! Do you work for Microsoft during daytime ? :grin:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I'm self-employed and when I make mistakes during daytime, sentient beings die! (Potentially. Hasn't happened yet, fortunately. To be frank, this is as big as my screw ups get, mostly.)

RockyVA

Potential Patron
I downloaded the bundle today and have to say this is really well done. The branching story line is very creative. I wanted to keep playing with Alice and Becky at the end of the 3rd and 4th chapters. lol

I did get an error at the end of chapter 4 though. It quickly flashed a red line about chapter 5 BG not found (sic). Then loaded the end page with what I assume is Alice but only her hair and background Title is showing (no body). I wasn't able to capture the exact error message but here is a screen shot of the final screen I'm getting.

DFQotU5.jpg

When I close, start the loader, and select Sisters it loads back to this screen from save data. I can Pull Up to get the Continue / Restart buttons. Restart doesn't restore the body.

Last edited:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Thanks for the feedback! Oh bummer, yeah the dummy for chapter 5 wasn't properly tested (I just threw something together hehe), but it's good to hear you could access the reset menu from that weird screen. Selecting restart SHOULD reset all the save variables and restart the game. Have you tried restarting your flash player after pressing reset?

That is a weird result though. If restarting the flash player doesn't restore the game to chapter 1, something weird is going on and I must investigate.

RockyVA

Potential Patron
Thanks for the feedback! Oh bummer, yeah the dummy for chapter 5 wasn't properly tested (I just threw something together hehe), but it's good to hear you could access the reset menu from that weird screen. Selecting restart SHOULD reset all the save variables and restart the game. Have you tried restarting your flash player after pressing reset?

That is a weird result though. If restarting the flash player doesn't restore the game to chapter 1, something weird is going on and I must investigate.

I had to delete the save from AppData to get it to start over from chapter 1.

Still even with that hiccup I am replaying to go down each story branch. Thanks again.

JGUIDO

Avid Affiliate
Only problem I had with chapter 4, technically, was towards the end...
the dialogue, following the anal scene and the cum shot, repeated itself once before moving forward.

As far as opinion, goes I did enjoy the first 3 chapters more. Don't get me wrong this one was good but felt a bit short compared to the other 3. Regardless, keep on walking, cause we want MORE!

Slingerbult

Content Creator
sby sby : Thanks man, means a lot coming from you!

J JGUIDO : The flavor of each chapter is intended to be a bit different so that the saga as a whole will cater to a wide variety of tastes. As for length, chapter 4 took the longest to write and probably contains the most lines of all chapters, but that's also because of the branching. My plans for chapter 5 so far seem to be doable with just two branches so it will probably be less complicated.

As for your issue: Line repetition is always a potential problem when you have spoken lines by her. Her mouth being occupied (even accidentally) risks breaking things. In such situations, it's better to try the line again through a general line substitution so as not to kill the dialogue progression completely or miss important plot content. There are several solutions:
1) We can use HIDE/SHOW PENIS at the start and end of a chapter to permit uninterrupted banter at those times. I do this to varying degree in chapters 1-3, but I wanted chapter 4 to start in medias res as it were.
2) We can otherwise limit her speech to non-oral positions and rely on him speech and her thoughts in oral positions. Can be combined with 1 though. If I really wanted to avoid line repetition 100%, this would be the way to go.
3) You can use hand job mode. This is a neat trick as it pulls her off the cock if she's sucking it and switches the mouse action to the hands while locking her head in a speakable position. It is still possible to interrupt because holding the mouse button will move her head as normal, but accidentally doing this is pretty unusual.

The problem is immersion. Let's say she gets really pissed and wants to yell at him in an oral position. Is it appropriate that she strokes his cock meanwhile? Probably not. Is it realistic to suddenly put away his cock back back into his pants while she rants? Nope, probably not very likely either. So at that particular point which I think you are referring to, that is exactly the problem. She talks in an oral position while his cock is still out while she is angry. In retrospect, it would probably have been better to adapt the story to allow for him to put away his cock at the end before her rant to avoid this. I'm learning a lot from this project, and one such thing is how to build stories and chapters that work with the game mechanics of SDT and its mods. I hope this will make chapters 5 and 6 easier to write (the way the plot has developed, I reckon this will be a 6-part saga now with chapter 6 being a sort of "endless mode") and give me a template of sorts to work with for future projects.

D

daog

Maybe I've missed something, but how do you transfer your progress from one one update to the next?

Jaxx

Content Creator
Hello Slingerbult,
Thank you for your release, I've been learning a few tricks watching what you did, that was pretty interresting :wink:
I've been looking carefully and it seems there is no 0 value set for Becky.chapter3 and Alice.bound variables outside the initial settings wich make one of your ending impossible, the one where Alice is willingly granting his wishes, when the game has already been played with different endings.
I guess you'll be willing to take a look at line 83 (trigger b80) :wink:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
you can't you have to start over
This is not entirely true nor my intention with the save system. The save data gets stored in AppData and even if you use a new bundle, it should use the saved variables. Sometimes this doesn't work though. You can "hack" the game fairly easily if you know what you're doing by manipulating the variables in the initial settings, but you might get weird results if you're not careful. Anyway, my idea was smooth and seamless transition between updates, but the game evolves and since I hadn't planned everything down perfectly to start with, it didn't quite work out as I intended.

Jaxx Jaxx : Thanks for the feedback. Ah yes, those variables aren't reset which means you can probably get weird results in chapter 4 on your second replay. Will of course fix this in coming releases! I will certainly make a "bug fixes" release before XMAS at the latest, possibly chapter 5 will be up by then too but no promises :)

Nordic

Avid Affiliate
This is not entirely true nor my intention with the save system. The save data gets stored in AppData and even if you use a new bundle, it should use the saved variables. Sometimes this doesn't work though. You can "hack" the game fairly easily if you know what you're doing by manipulating the variables in the initial settings, but you might get weird results if you're not careful. Anyway, my idea was smooth and seamless transition between updates, but the game evolves and since I hadn't planned everything down perfectly to start with, it didn't quite work out as I intended.

well I understood it as one couldn't but oh well was fun to redo it though

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Alright folks, I've been tinkering a bit today and right now I feel much more motivated to improve the shell around the sisters saga, the "engine" as it were, rather than cramming more content into it. I am considering a much more advanced and user friendly save-and-reset system among other things:
1) First off I'm breaking out the Sisters Saga from the bundle at large. No point in uploading a larger-than-necessary bundle each time when only the saga content has changed. This also allows me to optimize the bundle in view of the sister saga exclusively, shortening load and download times as well.
2) Since the entire bundle is now about the saga, the options menu and character folders can now be used to organize chapters instead. So to load a chapter, just click on its folder (if you've gotten that far - otherwise you'll have to play the other chapters first). Neat huh? Unfortunately, to make this work I will have to make chapter-specific rough and gentle variables, which might require old players to restart from chapter 1. If possible, I'll include a conversion script to import your old values into the new system.
3) I will be using the reset folder for, well, resetting. So rather than bothering with dialogue to reset the game, you'll just go into the options menu, loader tab and click reset - reset folder loads a script that resets the variables and restarts the game at chapter 1. That's the plan anyway!
4) The new bundle will also make full use of DrZombi's new tech with splash screens and credits etc. to make the general game experience neater, simpler and more user friendly.
5) I will make a much, much more elaborate save system that will let the game remember clothing states - the whole game state in fact, as far as is relevant (not including body fluids/mascara but pretty much all the rest), such that you can pretty much pick up where you left off. Only if you get a game over is the progress reset to beginning of chapter, and the chapter variable won't increase until you actually finish a chapter of course. This might not sound very useful right now, but for the final chapter which is practically "endless", yeah it will be crucial to recall in-chapter events.
6) I am considering introducing a 3-step difficulty system. Safe, normal and hard. Normal will be what it is today. Safe will be as normal except that you can't get a gg - she will still complain and get angry, but nothing bad will happen. Hard will be for hard core fans that want a greater challenge. I can't promise it will have strong application in every chapter, but I will try.

I will try to make all of the above happen before or around Christmas. If you have feedback on the above or the saga in general, even requests for the future, go right ahead, now is the time. Don't expect new plot content for chapters 5-6 until next year though. Chapter 5 will be with Becky and chapter 6 will be with both girls.

Jaxx

Content Creator
Seems very interresting ! Looking forward to it, as well as taking a look under the hood :smile:
By the way...
the slap/shock sequence when he tricks her with the gag hole made me laugh with tears ! :grin:
It inspired me for some spanking scene lol, and it's very successful

Anyway I won't miss to give you some feedback :wink:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Happy to hear JaxFRA! That is probably my favorite part of chapter 4 too. As soon as I came up with the idea, I knew I wanted the dragon battle music from Baldur's Gate II to play in the background during that scene to add suspense (and... DOOOM!) and I was so happy to find it on-line :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.