A Little help for new Dialogue Writers (1 Viewer)

DrZombi

Content Creator
UPDATE: Bundle v1.02

Notepad UDL v1.20 -> Includes MoreTriggers v2.22

Triggers Tester v1.12 -> Includes MoreTriggers v2.22

UPDATE: Bundle v1.01

+ADD+ Hair Template.png: I did not made the file myself but I thought it was a very useful file for writers to build their characters, so here it is in case you don't have it yet.

Notepad UDL v1.19 -> Includes MoreTriggers v2.2 and DialogueActions 4.07 triggers and the corrected JESSIE trigger from HuniePopAudioTriggers :)

Triggers Tester v1.12 -> Includes MoreTriggers v2.2 and DialogueActions 4.07 triggers and the corrected JESSIE trigger from HuniePopAudioTriggers :)

UPDATE: I put all files in a one-file .zip bundle, easier to download and which avoid you the trouble to have to rename the file extensions. There's also a new kind of file to help you create your own static backgrounds. As usual, details below !

UPDATE: Updated the 2 testing dialogues to v1.11. These are just minor changes that were needed for the integration within my Loader package. (Which contains other helping stuff for dialogue writers, be sure to check out !)

UPDATE: v1.17 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added to MoreTriggers 2.1.

UPDATE: v1.16 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Modified the coloring so that triggers which produce sound now appear in blue to quickly notice where in a line are the audio triggers.

v1.1 of the Triggers Tester dialogue: Now you'll have almost every trigger in SDT / DialogueActions / MoreTriggers / HuniePopAudioTriggers and I've organized them properly so that it's easier to find where to begin when you want to play just DA Triggers for example. You just have to modify the "incValue" variable at the start of the dialogue to choose where you want to begin.

UPDATE: v1.15 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added to MoreTriggers 2.0.

UPDATE: v1.14 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added to MoreTriggers 1.01. Totally reworked on the cleaning made before so that the coloring is now happening more strictly on the triggers and you will have a lot less false positive (a trigger colored when it does not exist just because it begins like another)

v1.1 of the LineTypes Tester dialogue: I added the lines defined with Animtools, which is very useful to understand when exactly they are triggered !

UPDATE: v1.13 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added to MoreTriggers 1.01

UPDATE: v1.12 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added via my TimedTriggers v1.0 Mod. Done a little bit of cleaning also.

UPDATE: v1.11 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Includes all triggers added to DialogueActions v4.04 and my MoreTriggers v1.0 Mod.

UPDATE
: v1.1 of my Notepad UDL.xml. Much more flawless for the coloration of what's inside the { }. But as a counterpart, all the comas will be highlighted as well :tongue:
Still better than the version before and a classical notepad in black and white though :smile:

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi everybody,

First of all, I hope that I am posting in the right section of the forum. It is not really dialogues that I will post here but since it is not a tutorial either...

Well, I've just discovered SDT a few weeks ago, and after downloading a lot of mods, dialogues, characters, etc... I decided to write my own dialogues. I don't have any dialogue ready to be posted for now but I did create some little things to help me in the process of creating dialogues at the beginning and I wanted to share these with the community.

I don't know if there are still a lot of newcommers (I feel like I arrive after the battle), but if there ever should be, I hope that those little things will help them discover the dialogue possibilities easily:

Line Types Tester: This dialogue just describes the line which is being read. It's just meant to test the different line types in situation. Just replace (CTRL+H) "Thought" by "Speak" if you want to test the lines which can trigger only when she has her mouth free :smile:

Triggers Tester: Just a Dialogue enumerating the different triggers in the game, because description is not always sufficient to really know a trigger :smile:
You can add a - before a line if you don't want to test that trigger, and you can modify the starting value in the initial settings if you want to skip a whole lot of triggers from the beginning (The sound triggers are before the end of each section).

Notepad UDL.xml: Just a syntax coloring definition for use with Notepad++ to highlight some portions of the dialogue and make it easier to read and find errors. Developers already know how useful it is ! I know that there are already some files like this on this forum but the ones that I found did not suit me (I found too much colors and so, it was more confusing than helping in my humble opinion). So I made this one for myself. It has some flaws but I find it really easier to write dialogues with this than with a traditional black and white notepad. (Since I can't upload .xml files, you'll have to rename the file after downloading)

Background Tailor.pdn: This is a Paint.net (Free Photoshop) file which is meant to help making backgrounds. It is already sized at 700*825 pixels with a Black square on a layer showing which part of the background is shown when your in the default full zoomed-out position. The upper part of your image, above the square will be seen only when zooming. This is good to know when you're tailoring your background image from a larger one. So you just have to put your background in the latest layer, and when you're happy, just delete the square layer and save your background to a .png or .jpg file :smile:

Hair Template.png: This file is the reference template used by all hair creators to be able to position the hair or accessories at the exact good place for all 3 layers of static hair. Very useful !

You will find the other syntax coloring files and the explanations on how to use them in this thread:
Dialogue syntax highlighting for notepad

So here is my little adding to the community, before I can post some finished and tested dialogues :)
Hope this will help some of you !

P.S: Since it is my first own thread, I'd like to thank every contributor who has dedided to give some of its time to make this game what it is today: so much better and customizable than the original SDT (because some people like me do find the fun in creating, and not only consuming :smile:)

Attachments

Helper-Bundle v1.02.zip
175 KB · Views: 410

Last edited:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi everybody !

New version of the syntax coloring file and the linetype tester as well.
Hope you'll find them useful :smile:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi everybody !

Just a minor update to the syntax coloring file to match the version 2.0 of MoreTriggers. :smile:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi everybody !

Minor update to the syntax coloring file so that triggers which play sounds now appear in a different color.
Big update to the Triggers Tester dialogue. Now includes a lot more Triggers to test !

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi everybody !

Just a minor update to the syntax coloring file to match with the version 2.1 of MoreTriggers. :smile:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Minor update but if you're interested, here is a little file to help you tailor your static backgrounds. :smile:

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi all,

A little update to the Helper Bundle. I've included the Hair Template for those who don't have it yet or never remember where to find it, and all necessary upgrades to the notepad UDL and Trigger Tester to stay up to date with DialogueActions, MoreTriggers and HuniePopAudioTriggers.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi all,

A small update to the Helper Bundle. I've just modified the Trigger Tester and the notepad UDL to reflect the changes made with MoreTriggers 2.22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.