Ruin

Potential Patron
Shade, awesome work on the droid!

This is a random idea I had that might work with one of your mechanical guy replacements: I was wondering if you could somehow maybe automate the penis slider to mimic a probe extending out. This could be attached to certain events or timed or something perhaps. Just a random idea that I thought might add some interest!

Also, is there a possibility of increasing the largest "probe" size on the droid in the future?

Again, great work!

Shade

Content Creator
Not dead, just... Err... Helping May train her Haunter? Okay, no, real life has me busy.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 424

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Shade said:
Not dead, just... Err... Helping May train her Haunter? Okay, no, real life has me busy.

Good to see you back on even briefly!

And that is a pretty sweet teaser!

Shade

Content Creator
Dante said:
The Haunter looks great. The Shaft and Hands could use a little Shading though.

Such a perfectionist! ;) It's just a rough draft of the mod, I started doing the detailing then stopped and redrew the hands half a dozen times. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with them. They look, wrong. So does the shaft, really. It's like the wrists and base of the shaft just stop suddenly for no good reason, and a semicircle isn't the right way to finish it.

Update:

Do the hands and shaft look better on this version?

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 322

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Kinda figured it was rough since you stated specifically that it wasn't finished. Honestly I liked the previous hands more, and the shaft looks much better. The Poke-ball was a nice touch ;D. What I meant by shading was actual shading, lol. Shadows on the hands and shaft.

Shade

Content Creator
I'm not sure which hand style I like now. Oh well. At least I managed to finish off another mod. Check the original post for a Loader only Video Camera Display. It's a little bit buggy since I had to hack pretty deep into SDT to get it to work with zooming, but it should work (unless you take a screenshot with it). Unfortunately the battery life is pretty shitty, so I don't recommend using it for more than 15-20 minutes.

ModGuy

Content Creator
For screenshots, you could create your own function (or replace the built in but that's harder) with the following:

Code:
var screenShotScale:int = 2;

function takeScreenshot():void
{
	var oq = main.g.qualitySetting;
	main.g.inGameMenu.setQualityTo(3);
	var bmpd:* = new BitmapData(700 * screenShotScale, 600 * screenShotScale, false, 0);
	var m:* = new Matrix();
	m.scale(screenShotScale, screenShotScale);

//Generate screenshot
	main.g.setEraseContainersForRendering(true);
	bmpd.draw(main.g.container, m);
	main.g.setEraseContainersForRendering(false);

//Draw your camera to bmpd here.
	//bmpd.draw(cameraObject, m);

//Save screenshot
	var fr:* = new FileReference();
	fr.save(main.encode(bmpd), "screenshot.png");
	main.g.inGameMenu.setQualityTo(oq);
}

Not tested but close enough.

Shade

Content Creator
ModGuy said:
For screenshots, you could create your own function (or replace the built in but that's harder) with the following:

-Code-

Not tested but close enough.

I was looking at creating my own screenshot function, so I'm glad you stopped by with this. :D Much more elegant than what I'd started to put together. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

It works perfectly, besides one thing. Whenever I reload the Mod then take a Screenshot it starts to lag (and crash) flash badly before opening the save file window. I figure that's because it's responding to multiple EventListeners that are left over from each load of the Mod, but whenever I add "stage.removeEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP, onKeyEvent);" to my Unload function, the Mod fails to unload correctly. Any ideas? The version I've uploaded is the lag inducing one.

Faceless

Content Creator
Well, shit. If you've got zoom working, may I take a look at it? I'd like to adapt it to the peephole I made. Unless you want to release your own version.

Shade

Content Creator
Faceless said:
Well, shit. If you've got zoom working, may I take a look at it? I'd like to adapt it to the peephole I made. Unless you want to release your own version.

I suspect it won't work (well) for you. Check your mail. :D

ModGuy

Content Creator
Shade said:
It works perfectly, besides one thing. Whenever I reload the Mod then take a Screenshot it starts to lag (and crash) flash badly before opening the save file window. I figure that's because it's responding to multiple EventListeners that are left over from each load of the Mod, but whenever I add "stage.removeEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP, onKeyEvent);" to my Unload function, the Mod fails to unload correctly. Any ideas? The version I've uploaded is the lag inducing one.

Read the dev guide for using custom shortcut keys.

Shade

Content Creator
ModGuy said:
Read the dev guide for using custom shortcut keys.

Thanks! It's amazing, last time I tried reading your Dev Guide it made no sense to me, now I actually understand things! :D Video Camera Mod has been updated and should be finished now, until something else goes wrong. Shortcut key for taking Screenshots is ~ or ` depending how you want to look at it.

Patrice

Content Creator
Are you still working on the Pokemon mod? I don't see it anywhere. Anyways, I had a few suggestions:

1. Add a little something so that her iris only points toward Haunter Edit: I now see you did that with your Interrogation Droid mod
2. Maybe see if it might look better if he slowly hovers up & down ever so slightly (if you haven't already implemented).
3. Maybe add a time-based poison effect on her - like how you might see purple vertical lines under a human Pokemon character's eyes when they suffer from a ghost-type lick attack (but that might overlap with mascara).

Shade

Content Creator
Patrick said:
Are you still working on the Pokemon mod? I don't see it anywhere. Anyways, I had a few suggestions:

1. Add a little something so that her iris only points toward Haunter Edit: I now see you did that with your Interrogation Droid mod
2. Maybe see if it might look better if he slowly hovers up & down ever so slightly (if you haven't already implemented).
3. Maybe add a time-based poison effect on her - like how you might see purple vertical lines under a human Pokemon character's eyes when they suffer from a ghost-type lick attack (but that might overlap with mascara).

Good ideas. Right now I'm not working on it, but when I get back to it I'll look into putting at least the subtle 'hovering' and her iris lock. The poison effect idea is awesome, but I'm just not sure how I'd achieve it right now. I'll probably work it out if I spend a bit of time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.