Eganthevile1's imports: 7/5 Polaris custom and a call for help and Medusa update (1 Viewer)

E

eganthevile1

Welcome to my thread of SDT imports
Polaris mod in Marvel, now the Void hood is my art the hair is not, modified version of the Black Cat/Emma Frost/Sue Storm/Mystique hair and my Void hood, hope you like this custom. dunno the original artist or I would credit them for the hair
Now as for the "call for help" I am working on Vampire Willow, Darla, and Dru mods for my Buffy series and realized I cant draw a BTVS vampire face very well to interpret in a functional way, if someone is willing to help me out on that aspect I would greatly appreciate it

Medusa Update
More based on a comic book style, applied several graphic applications, cleaned up a lot of scrap crap seen in the older version, made it far more detailed, improved the "hair hand"

BTVS: Buffy Summers
DC Comics: coming soon
Image Comics: Nyx
Marvel Comics: Medusa, Lady Deadpool, She-Venom, Polaris (custom of existing hair)
Star Wars: Asajj Ventress
Wildstorm Comics: Freefall, Caitlin Fairchild, Void

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
screenshot0001.png
buffy_summers2.png
Code:
charName:Buffy;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:back;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:bright,69,0,100,1;breasts:92;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,255,108,188,1;eyeshadow:77,66,217,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.024;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:255,167,188,1;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,0.69,1.15,0.75;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1.2,1.2;balls:0,0.908;hisTop:shirt,22,8,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,22,8,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,22,8,0,1;collar:gemchoker,255,219,123,1,255,255,255,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,105,39,178,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;bottoms:jeans,0,152,171,1,0,0,0,1;tops:tank,255,167,188,1;legwear:thighhigh,22,8,0,1,0,0,0,1;legwearB:shortsock,22,8,0,1,255,255,255,0.8;footwear:highheel,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,105,39,178,1,0,204,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,0,255,0,1;earring:stud,227,233,19,1;customHair:buffy_summers2.png
Claymore
screenshot0001.png
priscilla.png
Keep trying to position this so the ear looks like it's in a natural position, but no luck, actually pulled straight from my reference shot, going to play around with this and see if I can just rescale it to a size that works from the anime caps as there are perfect side profiles of a few characters and I may be able to just take the hair directly from the anime. Would be neat if I can get this experiment working right, but presently, needs a lot of playing around with and work to make this a viable method.
Code:
charName:SD chan 2;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:back;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan2,;iris:bright,212,202,255,0.447;breasts:62;skin:tan;nose:normal;lipstick:1,255,44,143,0.5;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:none,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1
Image Comics

(have fixed the stray pixels and improved the eye area of the mask seen in the preview image and improved the character code)
(note, recommend using either arms behind back or arms on him, when arms are on her legs it looks like her hair is cutting off her right arm during motion)
screenshot0002.png
Nyx2.png
Character Code
Code:
charName:Nyx;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onhislegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,0,255,0,1;breasts:89;skin:dark;nose:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,1;eyeshadow:0,0,0,1;sclera:0,255,0,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,100;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:-6,0,0,4;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,0.975,0.975;balls:1,0.908;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,1;cuffs:leather,200,0,0,1,194,0,0,1;gag:ring,0,0,0,1;panties:highleg,255,255,255,1;top:bikini,255,255,255,1;armwear:wristglove,189,0,0,1;legwear:latexthighhigh,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;legwearB:overknee,214,0,0,1,210,0,0,1;footwear:highheel,202,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,255,167,188,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;customHair:Nyx2.png

Marvel Comics


(custom using Emma Frost hair and Void hood)
Polaris.png
Code:
charName:SD chan
2;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onhislegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:no
rmal,56,181,137,1;breasts:110;skin:tan;nose:normal;lipstick:0,71,216,143,0.988;e
yeshadow:0,0,217,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,88;
nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:0,200,0,1,0,175,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;h
isskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,1.2,1.2;balls:1,1.3;hisTop:shirt,0,0
,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,255
,255,0,1,255,255,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,244,1,0,0,229,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:
none,0,0,225,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:elbowglove,255,255,0,1;bottoms:boy
shorts,252,255,0,1,0,0,237,1;tops:croppedtank,0,0,206,1;legwear:pantyhose,0,0,23
1,1,255,255,0,1;legwearB:overknee,255,255,0,1,255,255,0,1;footwear:highheel,255,
255,0,1,255,255,7,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePie
rcing:none,183,187,195,1
Medusa (unmasked)
screenshot0001.png
New
http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p618/eganthevile1/?action=view&current=medusa2-1.png] [/URL]
Old
http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p618/eganthevile1/?action=view&current=medusa2.png] [/URL]
character code
Code:
charName:Medusa;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1.01125;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:bright,0,241,0,0.612;breasts:134;skin:tan;nose:normal;lipstick:1,152,27,156,1;eyeshadow:152,26,156,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,29;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:255,6,0,0.784,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:gemchoker,0,0,0,1,105,39,178,1;cuffs:leather,152,25,166,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:thong,152,25,156,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:wristglove,152,27,156,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,157,0,0,1;legwearB:latexthighhigh,152,26,154,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:highheel,152,27,156,1,152,27,156,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;customHair:medusa2.png
Wanda Wilson-Lady Deadpool
screenshot0001.png
Lady_Deadpool.png
Character Code
Code:
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,56,100,137,1;breasts:105;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,216,0,0,1;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:shirt,0,0,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,0,0,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:wristglove,216,0,0,1;legwear:stripedkneehigh,0,0,0,1,216,0,0,0.988;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1

Ann Weying: She-Venom
Wanted my first hair import to be something unique and memorable, well mission accomplished I think, remember I never said I wanted it to be pretty :)
This is my first try at making a hair import, tell me what you all think. Two versions of both this import and code: The first first character code makes her look like the Mac Gargan version of Venom with green eyes, the 2nd will make her look like classic She-Venom. No tongue/human mouth and tongued full symbiote versions below
screenshot0001.png
She-Venom.png
screenshot0001.png
shevenom.png
Character Code (green eyes):
Code:
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,0,255,0,1;breasts:94;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:255,255,255,1;sclera:0,255,0,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:shirt,0,0,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,0,0,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:bikini,0,0,0,1;armwear:elbowglove,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,126,167,0.8;legwearB:pantyhose,0,0,0,0.996,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;customHair:She-Venom.png

Character code 2 (classic look)
Code:
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,255,255,255,0;breasts:94;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,1;eyeshadow:255,255,255,0;sclera:255,255,255,0;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:255,255,255,0,0;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:shirt,0,0,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,0,0,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:bikini,0,0,0,1;armwear:elbowglove,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,126,167,0.8;legwearB:pantyhose,0,0,0,0.996,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,

Star Wars
screenshot0001.png
asajjventress.png
Code:
charName:Asajj Ventress;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:back;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,56,212,62,1;breasts:110;skin:tan;nose:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,1;eyeshadow:255,255,255,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:135,2.42,1.33,1.15;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,1.2,1.2;balls:1,1.3;hisTop:shirt,0,0,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:highleg,0,0,0,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:elbowglove,105,39,178,1;legwear:thighhigh,74,20,126,0.902,0,0,0,1;legwearB:rightgarter,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,34,7,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;nipplePiercing:ring,0,0,0,1;customHair:asajjventress.png

Wildstorm Comics
void.png
Code:
charName:Void;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onhislegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,255,255,255,0;breasts:110;skin:tan;nose:normal;lipstick:0,219,219,221,0.718;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,0;blush:196,80,77,0;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:1;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1.2,1.2;balls:0,0.908;hisTop:shirt,22,8,0,1;hisBottoms:slacks,22,8,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,22,8,0,1;collar:leather,227,225,223,1,84,0,6,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,219,221,219,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:highleg,219,216,217,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:elbowglove,217,221,229,1;legwear:latexthighhigh,214,221,227,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,105,39,178,1,0,204,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,0,255,0,1;customHair:void.png
Freefall
roxy2.png
character code
Code:
charName:Roxy;mood:Normal;bodyScale:0.97625;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,110,0,117,0.431;breasts:63;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:1,255,0,255,1;eyeshadow:255,48,109,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:255,48,109,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,35,0,15,1,215,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,215,0,0,1;top:none,215,0,0,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;bottoms:jeanshorts,63,118,162,1,0,0,0,1;tops:tshirt,255,243,0,1;legwear:overknee,255,126,167,0.8,157,0,0,1;legwearB:thighhigh,0,0,0,1,22,8,0,1;footwear:highheel,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:barbell,183,187,195,1;bellyPiercing:ring,183,187,195,1;earring:stud,0,0,0,1;customHair:roxy2.png
Caitlin Fairchild

New revised version
newfairchild.png
screenshot0001.png
Code:
charName:Fairchild;mood:Normal;bodyScale:0.99375;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,17,183,0,1;breasts:102;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,237,0,0,0.204;eyeshadow:124,20,178,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:2;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,0.975,0.975;balls:1,0.908;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,105,39,178,1,105,39,178,1;cuffs:leather,105,39,178,1,105,39,178,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:highleg,0,206,0,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:wristglove,0,193,0,1;tops:croppedtank,0,194,0,1;legwear:latexthighhigh,74,20,126,0.902,0,0,0,1;legwearB:rightgarter,0,233,0,1,22,8,0,1;footwear:highheel,105,39,178,1,0,214,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,105,39,178,1,0,204,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;customHair:newfairchild.png
my old ones
screenshot0002.png
Fairchild.png

Fairchild (long hair)
screenshot0002.png
Fairchild.png

Character Code
Code:
charName:Fairchild;mood:Normal;bodyScale:0.99375;arms:onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,17,183,0,1;breasts:102;skin:light;nose:normal;lipstick:0,81,0,0,0.204;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:0,0.975,0.975;balls:1,0.908;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,105,39,178,1,105,39,178,1;cuffs:leather,105,39,178,1,105,39,178,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:wristglove,0,193,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,105,39,178,1,0,204,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;customHair:Fairchild.png

Coming soon: Stuff I am working on
Voltron: Queen Merla
DC Comics:
Marvel Comics: Scream, Elektra.
Wildstorm Comics: Rainmaker

The probably/maybe list: Stuff I am thinking about making in the near future
Voltron: Larmina, Cinda
Image: Glory, Dart, Angela
Marvel: Lyja, Mayhem, Shriek, Firestar, Namorita, Silver Sable, Viper, Alejandra (female Ghost Rider)
Wildstorm: Voodoo, Fahrenheit
Star Wars: Mara Jade, Padme Amidalla, Guri, Winter, Asajj Ventress, Aurra Sing, Guri
Dana Scully from the X-Files
Talon from The Crow Stairway to Heaven
Dark Horse comics:
London Knights Studios comics: Razor
Others: Black Scorpion, Bride of Frankenstein, Jem

Longshots: Stuff I probably won't do, or think won't work, though I kinda want to try these just to see if I can.
Alien/Predator: Alien Queen, female Predator
Star Wars: Mallatobuck (female wookiee)[/attach][/spoiler]
 

Attachments

  • screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • buffy_summers2.png
    buffy_summers2.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 537
  • void.png
    void.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 493
  • screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 784

rubix

Potential Patron
Re: She-Venom (Marvel Comics) by Egan the Vile1

that is fucking terrifying.

Mission totally acomplished
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: She-Venom (Marvel Comics) by Egan the Vile1

thanks, the teeth took some time to do and were a total pain, kept having to erase and redo them, the tongue on the 2nd version was something I was not sure I would do, did not know if I could make it look right for in game physics, settled on just making it hang down.... the 2nd version also has some odd in game physics... cum will sometimes rest in the lower jaw, slide down the tongue, and even on occasion be swallowed while visible in the monster mouth.... did not expect or intend for any of those side effects, but hey happy accident.
 

dcfan

Potential Patron
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update Caitlin Fairchild

I'm going to be brutally honest with you, seeing as no one around here will.

As of right now, your imports are terrible. I realize you're probably doing these with something like paint, but these are bad.

I appreciate the effort, but you need to hone and improve your skill. These are practically unuseable. I'd suggest you get your hands on photoshop or Gimp or Photoimpact and (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) take a look at the tutorials here on the board about how to create hairs.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update Caitlin Fairchild

This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
 

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

eganthevile1 said:
This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
Seriously, if you haven't, take a look at voltlight's tutorial in the tutorial board, it is specifically for GIMP. It's what I used to get better at making imports (still refuse to because I suck).
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
Seriously, if you haven't, take a look at voltlight's tutorial in the tutorial board, it is specifically for GIMP. It's what I used to get better at making imports (still refuse to because I suck).
Yes that is obvious, however I was asking for specific issues with the existing imports so I know what to edit and can make a gameplan on how to improve these, so please refrain from general comments that are not constructive, I am aware of Voltlight's tutorial, I downloaded GIMP, if that is all, please allow more others to take the advice from here.
 

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

eganthevile1 said:
Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
Seriously, if you haven't, take a look at voltlight's tutorial in the tutorial board, it is specifically for GIMP. It's what I used to get better at making imports (still refuse to because I suck).
Yes that is obvious, however I was asking for specific issues with the existing imports so I know what to edit and can make a gameplan on how to improve these, so please refrain from general comments that are not constructive, I am aware of Voltlight's tutorial, I downloaded GIMP, if that is all, please allow more others to take the advice from here.
Okay, let's see. Don't use the paintbrush tool to actually paint it, Don't use the eraser tool to try to fix things, it isn't pretty. Try the pen tool or freeform pen tool. The lines on your hairs aren't well defined, they likely need to be thicker. Using the pen tool/freeform pen tool will help with the jaggedness of the imports.
 

Nada

Potential Patron
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

Check this eganthevile1: http://superdeepthroat.ryonani.com/index.php?topic=114.0
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
Seriously, if you haven't, take a look at voltlight's tutorial in the tutorial board, it is specifically for GIMP. It's what I used to get better at making imports (still refuse to because I suck).
Yes that is obvious, however I was asking for specific issues with the existing imports so I know what to edit and can make a gameplan on how to improve these, so please refrain from general comments that are not constructive, I am aware of Voltlight's tutorial, I downloaded GIMP, if that is all, please allow more others to take the advice from here.
Okay, let's see. Don't use the paintbrush tool to actually paint it, Don't use the eraser tool to try to fix things, it isn't pretty. Try the pen tool or freeform pen tool. The lines on your hairs aren't well defined, they likely need to be thicker. Using the pen tool/freeform pen tool will help with the jaggedness of the imports.
Much more helpful then... "MS Paint?" thank you, try offering that in the future it would be 100x more helpful then the general and obviious statements
 

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: Update new very rough concepts, need your advice...

eganthevile1 said:
Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
This is free work from an unpaid artist doing this as a beginner to GIMP, I have pretty much said all these will be worked on further, so please bare with me, that said if you can do better by all means I am not by any means calling exclusive rights on these characters, these are simply my depictions, nothing more.
Seriously, if you haven't, take a look at voltlight's tutorial in the tutorial board, it is specifically for GIMP. It's what I used to get better at making imports (still refuse to because I suck).
Yes that is obvious, however I was asking for specific issues with the existing imports so I know what to edit and can make a gameplan on how to improve these, so please refrain from general comments that are not constructive, I am aware of Voltlight's tutorial, I downloaded GIMP, if that is all, please allow more others to take the advice from here.
Okay, let's see. Don't use the paintbrush tool to actually paint it, Don't use the eraser tool to try to fix things, it isn't pretty. Try the pen tool or freeform pen tool. The lines on your hairs aren't well defined, they likely need to be thicker. Using the pen tool/freeform pen tool will help with the jaggedness of the imports.
Much more helpful then... "MS Paint?" thank you, try offering that in the future it would be 100x more helpful then the general and obviious statements
None of my statements were general or obvious... My statements to you were genuine and I'm trying to help you out. From what I've seen of your work, it looks like you have not looked at the tutorial, so I was pointing it out to you as that alone would make your work much better.

Another thing you may want to look into is better coloring and shading, it's not a big deal and doesn't generally ruin an import, but the detail can make an import look even better. Most of your imports look to use single shades of colors, more colors gives it more depth.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/18 Update Medusa (Marvel Comics) and Freefall

TY for all the tips, used them in my Medusa and Freefall hairs, definitely looks better then my older stuff. Will probably go back using those tips on the same characters I already made, especially Fairchild
 

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/18 Update Medusa (Marvel Comics) and Freefall

eganthevile1 said:
TY for all the tips, used them in my Medusa and Freefall hairs, definitely looks better then my older stuff. Will probably go back using those tips on the same characters I already made, especially Fairchild
Well maybe you aren't using the eraser to clean stuff up, but you seem to at least be using the color range select and delete because you have a lot of garbage leftover in your files.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/18 Update Medusa (Marvel Comics) and Freefall

Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
TY for all the tips, used them in my Medusa and Freefall hairs, definitely looks better then my older stuff. Will probably go back using those tips on the same characters I already made, especially Fairchild
Well maybe you aren't using the eraser to clean stuff up, but you seem to at least be using the color range select and delete because you have a lot of garbage leftover in your files.
Very aware of some spots that need touching up as my own worst critic, hair in Medusa's case needs some work on the upper layer, a lot of the visible imperfections on the lower layer are covered up by her body, if you think the translucent patches of orange hair are stray kibble though, no intended that as thin areas of hair, again a lot of hair to decipher what I meant to make it in and what I missed editing.
Thanks for the tips, obviously they did lead to very rapid improvement so I owe you one, still learning, still improving, but getting on the right track and making more usable mods now right?
BTW if your talking stray garbage in the Freefall mod in addition, yeah, going to do a version without the earrings, they dont translate as well as I thought they would, OK, but would look better without them.
Geez though, lightyears ahead of my old stuff with some simple changes to how I use gimp, so again TY
 

Dr.KillJoy

Potential Patron
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/18 Update Medusa (Marvel Comics) and Freefall

I well admit the freefall import of your is above and beyond what was in your first post. ;D I would lite a truck full of fire works with gas and a match in honor of it. 8) but the Medusa is a slite step back. i would say try doing short hairs firt then work your way to bigger and more complex hairs. but in my personal opion if you make a long hair import make it a SWF import.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/18 Update Medusa (Marvel Comics) and Freefall

Dr.KillJoy said:
I well admit the freefall import of your is above and beyond what was in your first post. ;D I would lite a truck full of fire works with gas and a match in honor of it. 8) but the Medusa is a slite step back. i would say try doing short hairs firt then work your way to bigger and more complex hairs. but in my personal opion if you make a long hair import make it a SWF import.
TY for the kind words about Freefall, yeah, I think despite my saying Medusa is the superior of my work Freefall probably is better in hindsight, though my feelings towards the Medusa import also reflect the time that went in on and off (Freefall=2 hours on and off, Medusa=2 days on and off). I think when I release the masked version of Medusa and touch up the areas that are notably in need of work you will agree the Medusa import is awesome. Until then, opinion noted, and as Freefall shows I am good with shorter/medium hairs, I will take your cue and work on those a bit more then long hair. Though I know I can pull off great long hair as long as I keep trying.
 

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/19 Update Medusa, Freefall, Priscilla (Claymore)

eganthevile1 said:
Dr.KillJoy said:
I well admit the freefall import of your is above and beyond what was in your first post. ;D I would lite a truck full of fire works with gas and a match in honor of it. 8) but the Medusa is a slite step back. i would say try doing short hairs firt then work your way to bigger and more complex hairs. but in my personal opion if you make a long hair import make it a SWF import.
TY for the kind words about Freefall, yeah, I think despite my saying Medusa is the superior of my work Freefall probably is better in hindsight, though my feelings towards the Medusa import also reflect the time that went in on and off (Freefall=2 hours on and off, Medusa=2 days on and off). I think when I release the masked version of Medusa and touch up the areas that are notably in need of work you will agree the Medusa import is awesome. Until then, opinion noted, and as Freefall shows I am good with shorter/medium hairs, I will take your cue and work on those a bit more then long hair. Though I know I can pull off great long hair as long as I keep trying.
Are you drawing these by hand or are you cutting these out of images? If you are drawing it by hand you shouldn't be having that garbage in your imports.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/19 Update Medusa, Freefall, Priscilla (Claymore)

eganthevile1 said:
Are you drawing these by hand or are you cutting these out of images? If you are drawing it by hand you shouldn't be having that garbage in your imports.
A bit of both actually, Medusa is an example of a lot of component pieces, some my own, some from official art, spliced together, then what came from those was again overlapped on top of itself several times. some that I did draw have more stray pixels though, I am often editing parts that were either rescaled or moved because they did not work well in testing, note that a nose was cut out of the hair on Freefall, originally the hair was going to be split in two sections, but I realized if I just erased the nose and did it as one single area rather then two layers it looked better, did it both ways, so sometimes if I am unhappy with my first I cut it apart, erase, move stuff around, add things, (you may notice a lot of my hairs have the number 2 or 3 at the end of the image, that is because multiple versions exist on my pc and all see a lot of editing) and that does leave stray pixels that I clean as best as I can, and if someone spots them when using one, nothing is stopping them from editing the image and finding the offending pixels and clearing them out themselves. My monitor is not very high def so I do miss them to a degree.
 
E

eganthevile1

Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/25 Fairchild revision

Almost forgot, making a revised version of Medusa
 

Attachments

  • screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 410
  • screenshot0003.png
    screenshot0003.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 391

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Eganthevile1's imports: 6/25 Fairchild revision

Anonymous said:
eganthevile1 said:
Are you drawing these by hand or are you cutting these out of images? If you are drawing it by hand you shouldn't be having that garbage in your imports.
A bit of both actually, Medusa is an example of a lot of component pieces, some my own, some from official art, spliced together, then what came from those was again overlapped on top of itself several times. some that I did draw have more stray pixels though, I am often editing parts that were either rescaled or moved because they did not work well in testing, note that a nose was cut out of the hair on Freefall, originally the hair was going to be split in two sections, but I realized if I just erased the nose and did it as one single area rather then two layers it looked better, did it both ways, so sometimes if I am unhappy with my first I cut it apart, erase, move stuff around, add things, (you may notice a lot of my hairs have the number 2 or 3 at the end of the image, that is because multiple versions exist on my pc and all see a lot of editing) and that does leave stray pixels that I clean as best as I can, and if someone spots them when using one, nothing is stopping them from editing the image and finding the offending pixels and clearing them out themselves. My monitor is not very high def so I do miss them to a degree.
What it sounds like you are doing is no substitution for using the pen tool
 

Users who are viewing this thread



Top