???

Potential Patron
Knockdown Mod v2
-Got the loop, yaaaaay!!!!(But only on standard knockdown)
-No longer the glitch where when you reach critical health you freeze

I know this is an obscure thing I indulge in, but I'm sharing this for people like me who wish for such a thing, but just do not have the means to pursue. Hope I'm helping somebody out! =D

KnockdownModv2

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Just saw a video of the facesucking death...sadly on Chris...now i cant wait to see it on ada and/or Helena :O

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Here's a nice video with Sherry and zombies from Mercenaries mode. There are also a couple of Rasklapanje deaths at the end, including some camera manipulation with the last one so you get a different death scene camera angle.
[video=youtube_share;cnPJKT47mPw]http://youtu.be/cnPJKT47mPw[/video]

J

John

yeah , unfortunately they censored some of the deaths. Perhaps we should make a petiton to capcom to realease a patch or even a dlc that uncensor the deaths ,no just because of the ryona but because it really breaks the game atmosphere, if we share this on other forums we may get more people to our cause

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I believe the censored the deaths in the Japanese version, as they usually are. But all accounts on the US versions include the full death scenes; as evidenced by our own uploaders.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, Japan has a ting with violence in their overall media. US can get away with a lot more violence in media that is sold in stores. I am thinking of getting the game now when I get some money too actually.

J

John

But even in the Us version the chainsaw death is censored, there is no decapitation or dismemberment

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
But even in the Us version the chainsaw death is censored, there is no decapitation or dismemberment

That's because Capcom no longer does decapitation or dismemberment of human characters due to the censorship over in Japan. They don't bother to do it at all, so it doesn't appear in any version. It isn't censored if it was never implemented in the game.
Besides; RE 6 still has a lot of gore without either. Unless you consider character's getting their intestine ripped out "tame" or something.

Lack of decapitation really isn't something we need to grab our torches and pitchforks to rectify.

J

John

yeah , you right . Is sad that the rest of the world has to suffer from capcom's laziness because of one or two countries (i think in German this is censored as well) even though is a very simple and easy thing to change

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
A review of Resident Evil 6 (SPOILERS)

OK, first things first, to get the pro's out of the way: Helena, Sherry and Ada are hot, well-realized and have numerous ryona moments. That right there is worth the price of admission...but only barely. This game, which clearly had so much money and thought put into it, absolutely sucks.

I was a big fan of RE 4 and 5, and I even liked the move toward more action-oriented gameplay that they represented. But RE 6 is a big step backward in every department. I have not been more frustrated with a game in a long time, and I've played my share of terrible games solely for the ryona content (Bulletwitch, anyone?) I even found myself enjoying the opening of this one, starting with the Leon/Helena campaign and the throwback RE 1-style feel of the first levels (which I had already played on the demo, but still).

Things began going downhill the moment Simmons reappeared as a boss for the 3rd time. Or was it the 4th time? Or the 5th time? It reached the point where I felt like "why bother? I'm not actually killing him here." Getting run over by the train should have been the end of him, but no. And that brings me to a major plot point error: why, oh why, would Ada have infected Simmons to "teach him a lesson?" Ada knows what the virus does to main bad guys, like it did in RE 4: it makes them super-strong and much more dangerous. Why would she intentionally power up Simmons as "revenge?" That premise was beyond stupid. I mean, anyone who has played a Resident Evil game knew Simmons would turn into a monster, but having it delivered by one of the heroes? Ugh.

The real moment the game came crashing down for me was when I was fighting Simmons in his "bug-eyed" form. As soon as the fight started, I noted the big, red, glowing eyes, then Leon helpfully said "he's protecting his eyes!" OK, clear sign that's what I should be targeting. I fired every round from all of my guns into his eyes, having to wait as he blocked his eyes with his mandibles, but it didn't kill him. It would have been different if I could say I shot his eyes 'to no effect,' but I can't. Every hundred rounds or so Simmons would rear back, roaring in agony, and I would think I was getting somewhere. But he would never die, he would just eventually return to spitting acid at me. Eventually he got me, when I was out of all ammo and had been fighting for 15 straight minutes. Man, does a boss encounter get tedious when you think you're doing it right and the boss isn't good enough to actually kill you. It sucks the suspense right out of the scene. I was laughing in disgust by the end.

Eventually I had to go online to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. The solution was easy, and I might have come to it myself if the game hadn't intentionally misdirected me, and then never thrown me a bone. I'm halfway through Sherry's campaign now, and it's more of the same. Boss battle after stupid boss battle. Ill-conceived levels and regular enemies who are frankly near-harmless. I was stuck for a half-hour fighting the huge beasts roaming around the streets, unsure of how to take them down. I was told I had to pull the "device" out of one of the monster's backs so it could be bombed, so I went to the tallest building and fought him. The monster repeatedly smashed his hand down on the structure, I would run up and hit every button I could think of, but I wasn't interacting with him. Then my AI partners would shoot the monster in the face, he would roar in agony, and eventually smash his hand down again. Rinse, repeat. I thought the game was broken...why wasn't it letting me jump on his back to get at the device? Imagine a half hour of this, and you see how absurd it gets. The monster was too pathetic to kill me; in fact, in all that time it failed to hit me. My AI partners unloaded more than a thousand bullets into it, to no effect. Every minor enemy on the map was dead. It was BORING. Eventually, after running around the rest of the map like a headless chicken, I found that I was on the wrong building, that I would only get the jumping animation on a LOWER structure. Because that's where the developers put the spot. I had to be there, nowhere else. Just terrible.

The gunplay is also shoddy compared to RE 4 or 5. Bullets seem to have zero effect on the bigger enemies, especially the bosses. This many years later, and the protagonists are still shooting the BOW's with regular guns? Please. The controls feel loose, which is definitely visible in Mercenaries Mode. I was excellent at RE 5 Mercs Mode, but in this iteration I have trouble hitting targets and following up with melee strikes. It just isn't as well implemented this time around.

I'm actually a big fan of QTE in games (because it leads to less-generic ryona moments), but I have to agree with the reviewers that RE 6 feels more like an "interactive movie" than a fully-realized game. Too many long cutscenes followed by you being allowed to walk the character 10 feet, followed by more loading and another cutscene. That isn't fun. The best, most over-the-top action takes place in the cutscenes, then I get to take over for the down-time. Terrific, thanks.

My grade for the game: a low C-. It would be worse if I wasn't allowed to use the female protagonists from the get-go, and if they weren't attractive. But this is bottom-of-the-barrel for me, a game I'm playing solely for the ryona, when in the past this was a series I really enjoyed. Buyer beware.

R

riceknight

(No/Minor Spoilers)

First things first: I <3 Helena (office wear is hot)

I started playing this game thinking that this might be the Resident Evil I've been waiting for; 3 different campaigns, with 3 different playstyles. I expected one of the campaigns to be survival horror, one to be action-oriented, and the other to be solo with no partner (I expected this of Jake's campaign). Instead, I got an expansion pack for Resident Evil 5. It eventually got to the point where all the campaigns just felt the same, just with different skins. Fortunately, one of those skins is Helena.

Now don't get me wrong; it's a decent video game. But it's not Resident Evil. One of the worst feelings I get as a gamer is when a sequel takes a step back in gameplay depth. Mass Effect 1 -> 2, Dragon Age 1 -> 2, Morrowind -> Oblivion -> Skyrim, just to name a few. In my opinion one of the last games that did a sequel right is Dead Space 2. A step forward in nearly every department without changing what made Dead Space 1 great. These days it seems like companies are just selling games based off of the franchise.

Now back to the game; like stated above, the controls just don't feel as smooth. Even though they added things like dodging, sprinting, sliding, and improved the melee combat, I feel like they ignored the most important part: the gunplay. Headshots aren't as important now. Each weapon type handles the same (pistols, shotguns, etc) with barely any difference in properties. Ammo is plentiful - if you're running low on one type, you're pretty much guaranteed that the next enemy will drop it upon it's death. There is no "survival horror" anymore, although some say that has been gone since RE4.

I hate how all these new games are trying to CoD-ify everything. If I wanted to enjoy something flashy, scripted action, I have Netflix. Back in the day when you did something amazing in a video game people would ask "whoa, how did you do that?!" and you would have to explain the controls and mechanics. Now all you have to say is "I pressed B". I see myself spending a decent amount of time on this game, but only because I'm a sucker for unlocks and extra costumes (I have 300+ hours into Dragon's Dogma -_-). Oh, and for Helena.

Scale of 1-10 I would give RE6 a 7.5; and that's with an extra half point for Helena. Add another point if they come out with swimsuit DLC.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I kinda switched abit after playing the demo more and kinda like it a bit more. But I am going to wait till I get the full game. (still think Helena's got a man face...but Sherry is cute and Ada is a big plus)

But Imma wait to judge once I have played the full game

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
A user on the Japanese Ryona bbs board found a new death involving the Glava-Sluz (webspitter mutation) J'avo. When at one bar of health allow the Sluz to spit its slime on your character (Note: You must be standing, not crawling, rolling). You will enter the dying state but instead of getting knocked downed your character will take a knee, like they usually do when covered in slime. While in this state the J'avo will attempt to reach the front of your character. If it does it will swallow their upper half and swing them around a bit, complete with flailing legs. It will eventually bite down, killing the character and letting their legs hang limp. It will then vomit the character's corpse back out, their upper body covered in slime.

So far I've been able to see this animation in Ada and Sherry's campaigns. No sign of the Glava-Sluz in mercenaries yet. Though a future map might have them.
Here's a video with the animation on Ada. Credit to the Japanese ryona bbs for the video.
[video=youtube_share;8xguWAmHKC4]http://youtu.be/8xguWAmHKC4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.