Request for a tutorial for adding skin tone/tan support for body mods (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

I've seen threads here and there about adding skin tone / tan support for body mods. In those threads someone ( Faceless Faceless and sby sby ) showed up and edited the .fla file. I was hoping someone could write up a comprehensive, easy-to-follow, step-by-step tutorial including code on how to add this.

R Rod 's Feet4heels and sclover13 sclover13 '2 Thicc As Freakness have support for skin tone but not for tan. Since I've never seen a body mod that offers tan support I'm assuming that's extra tricky so that parts's optional.

I'm working on a bubble butt body mod myself.....

pl2Gnno.jpg

.....and I would also like to add skin tone / tan support to Bigger Boobs .

Last edited:

sclover13

Content Creator
Hey! The code for both feet4heels and TAF is the same code. I assembled it from a ensemble of code from a few different mods and code I found here in forums and had Faceless do the final repairs (probably something I messed up). Sadly, we could never get the tanning to work correctly.

If you'd like that code I could send it to you directly or you could just download the feet4heels template fla; it's included in there.

The premise is that the code listens for when the skin variable is changed then uses that string tag to go and stop on 1 of 4 skin frames. Like registering mods, each body part you want to change needs to be registered inside the code in two places (my are listed like tafcalf, tafback, etc).

Then you need to change each of the appropriate frames (and have them correctly labeled) with the matching skin gradient.

Use the decompiled SDT to copy the og skin gradients and paste them into your art.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

That helps and is certainly better than nothing. The idea however was for a comprehensive tutorial. I realise that takes a bit of time so I'm certainly not insisting anyone does it. If someone were to do it however, it would benefit future modders as well.

Rod

Content Creator
The Feet4Heels mod supports the tan feature.
However, the feet don't show any tan lines.
Initially, the skin tone of the calves didn't respond to the tan slider. I had to add a mask layer in order to fix this.

So, the way the tan works is to use a mask layer. The masked areas will respond to the skin tone changes done via the tan slider. Everything else keeps the base skin tone.

The Feet4Heels modding template includes an asset named "Tan RGBFill". That one is also involved somehow.
I cannot really give any proper advice on how to use this, though. I'm not really familiar with neither Animtate nor the SDT code right now.
Have to admit that I got this working somehow after fiddling with it for a while.

I'll try to do some experiments with this once I've got some time.

Last edited:

Rod

Content Creator
Did a quick test using the Feet4Heels template. Edited the mask on the calf using the eraser tool:
Screenshot_20210514_215658.png

Now the parts of the foot where the mask is transparent keep the base skin tone. The rest changes with the tan slider setting.

Here's the SWF:

Now what's left to solving the mystery is to find out about the "Tan RGBFill" asset.

Rod

Content Creator
Here's a version which has the thighs responding to the tan slider:

I tried to edit your FLA, comparing it to the Feet4Heels template, but always ended up with flashing/flickering thighs.
After I started from a blank sby template, and copying over individual shapes, I finally managed to get it working.

Note: If you want to add tan lines for the bikini, swimsuit, and swimsuit-t settings, you might have to edit the asset called "Tan Fill".
It has frames labeled accordingly.
I haven't tried this, though. So I'm just guessing here.

Also, when editing the back body part, you'll probably have to do the same things which I did for the thighs:
  • Frames labeled light, pale, tan and dark, which have the artwork for the corresponding skin tone.
  • A mask layer, which specifies where tan should be. I simply copied the regular artwork and set it's color to green, because this is how I've seen it in sclover13's FLA. But I think the color doesn't actually matter.
  • A masked layer (that is, a layer below the mask layer). This one has an instance of the Tan Fill asset. It has to be located so that it covers the body part. The object has to be named tan.
What's not clear to me is how the mask layer corresponds to the tan lines.

If you're having any problems or questions, I can walk you through the steps over at the SDT Discord in a streaming session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.