Need help with Leash Mod (1 Viewer)

Fixxxtozz

Potential Patron
Ok, so pretty much, the mod Leash 5.0 by Stuntcock, is not working properly for me. It doesn't seem to load properly and the end of the leash, where it would attach to a collar, keeps jiggling a lot. Here's some images of how it loads.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Not sure if it is a loader issue, a MoreClothing issue, or an issue with DynamicHairExtender. I don't really know how to use the debug mode and I'm still learning how to use the loader, so I can't really provide a stack trace. To my understanding DynamicHairExtender is included with Leash 5.0 and I shouldn't have to load it manually, but I haven't tried doing that yet. The Loader does load DynamicHairExtender 5.8 on initialization, so I don't think that's the issue. Im Using MoreClothingV6.1 and it loads the leashes, just not properly. I used the same text code that was on the RM page for the leash mod and was instructed to be used for the Leashes in MoreClothing:

; ------ Leashes ------
LeashFrontLeftLongV5.mod=Leash Front Left L:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashFrontLeftShortV5.mod=Leash Front Left S:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashFrontDangleLongV5.mod=Leash Front Dangle L:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashFrontDangleShortV5.mod=Leash Front Dangle S:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashRearDangleLongV5.mod=Leash Rear Dangle L:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashRearDangleShortV5.mod=Leash Rear Dangle S:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashRearLeftLongV5.mod=Leash Rear Left L:DynamicHair>Body2
LeashRearRightShortV5.mod=Leash Rear Right S:DynamicHair>Body2

MoreClothing does recognize all the mods, it just doesn't load them properly. Other than that I am using sby's loader pack version 5.45 and here is a list of mods in my $INIT$ Folder:

Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
Default/BreastExpPlus_v2_6.swf
Default/replaceNostrilSpray.swf
Default/cheekbulgeeditV3.swf
Default/coughhotkeyV1.swf
Default/deepthroatactionsV3.swf
Default/ffbehaviorV3.swf
Default/throatcumbulgeV2.swf
Default/throatResistStretchV1.swf
Default/pill.swf
clearlastdataV1.swf
clearAllShortcut.swf
Default/hairlayerpatchV1.swf
dialogpatchV4.swf
vanillaarmpatchV2.swf
penisrangeV5.swf
allalphaslidersV5.swf
animtoolsV18.swf
moreclothingV6_1.swf
regulaterandomV2.swf
moreclothingV5_1.swf

I have all the leashes in a seperate folder inside the moreclothing folder because MOD files cause my file explorer to crash. And whenever i try to manually load the leashes it crashes flashplayer. All the leashes are in a "quarantined" folder so that I don't accidentally crash anything. So the leashes in the moreclothingV6_1settings.txt really looks like this:

; ------ Leashes ------
Leashes/LeashFrontLeftLongV5.mod=Leash Front Left L:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashFrontLeftShortV5.mod=Leash Front Left S:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashFrontDangleLongV5.mod=Leash Front Dangle L:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashFrontDangleShortV5.mod=Leash Front Dangle S:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashRearDangleLongV5.mod=Leash Rear Dangle L:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashRearDangleShortV5.mod=Leash Rear Dangle S:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashRearLeftLongV5.mod=Leash Rear Left L:DynamicHair>Body2
Leashes/LeashRearRightShortV5.mod=Leash Rear Right S:DynamicHair>Body2

However, even when I move them back into the moreclothingmods folder, they still don't load properly and crash flashplayer when I try to load them manually.

Really hope you guys can help

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm still learning how to use the loader, so I can't really provide a stack trace.
If you're using the Flash Player projector content debugger then an in-game exception will popup an error message which contains a stack trace.

If no such popup appears then either: you're not using the content debugger (e.g. you download the regular Flash Player projector instead), or the game isn't throwing an exception. The latter is certainly possible; things can go wrong (such as physics mistakes made by a modder) without actually generating a code fault.

To my understanding DynamicHairExtender is included with Leash 5.0 and I shouldn't have to load it manually
You're correct; manual loading is not needed.

There's a slight complication here: each hairstyle of leash mod includes a bundled copy of the DynamicHairExtender library. But the library has been upgraded over time, so the more recent hairstyles include a newer version of the library. The library code is not fully backwards-compatible. If you load a "new" hairstyle (e.g. at the top of your moreClothing list) and then subsequently activate a leash mod, the game will attempt to process the "old" mod using the "new" code. Problems will arise.

Solution: I need to recompile the various hairstyle, leash, and clothing mods using a standardized version of the code library. Since you downloaded the file you should automatically be "subscribed" to it. If an update becomes available then you'll be notified via the forum software.

Temporary workaround: you can rearrange your moreClothing list so that the older files (e.g. leash) appear near the beginning. Doing so might fix the

Im Using MoreClothingV6.1 and it loads the leashes, just not properly. I used the same text code that was on the RM page for the leash mod and was instructed to be used for the Leashes in MoreClothing
No worries here; your setup is correct and you've configured things properly. The mistake is on my end. As mentioned above, you might be able to achieve a temporary fix by rearranging the order of your moreClothing settings file.

Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
Just to clarify: these mods are optional. If you don't want a bunch of "HUD" elements on your screen then you're free to disable them. They're not prerequisites for any other mods. They're most useful for modders rather than normal players, because the numeric indicators help us to verify that our mods are responding to the correct gameplay events (such as pleasure thresholds or loss of breath).

If you like having the extra information on-screen then you're welcome to leave those mods in-place. They incur no compatibility risks and the slowdown is negligible. It's a personal-preference thing.

moreclothingV5_1.swf
Is this a typo? You mentioned moreClothing 6.1 above, and it appears in your list just prior to this item. You shouldn't try to run two copies of moreClothing (or any other mod that I can think of). sby's code will probably block the superfluous entry, but it's a needless compatibility risk and I'd advise you to disable the moreclothingV5_1 line in your $INIT$ list.

I have all the leashes in a seperate folder inside the moreclothing folder because MOD files cause my file explorer to crash.
This is a very important point, since I've never heard of it before yet you're the second person to encounter it today. If you can provide any additional information (such as Windows error logs) then that would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to identify the root problem here and then try to link it to something specific (such as a Windows patch, antivirus setting, default file association, etc). Details about your OS version or hardware might also be helpful, but if you're not comfortable sharing such data then I'll understand.

And whenever i try to manually load the leashes it crashes flashplayer.
If you're able to sneakily access the files (e.g. via the Windows command prompt) then you can try to rename their file extensions to ".swf". A ".mod" file is simply a ".swf" which has been manually renamed (by the modder), and so reversing this change will have no adverse effect on the mod's behavior. And it might prevent the files from bothering your PC, which would certainly be an improvement. Of course, you'll also need to update your moreClothing list so that it reflects the altered file extensions, but that takes only a few seconds.

If this ".mod files crash Windows explorer" problem proves to be very widespread (or if we're unable to identify a root-cause or countermeasures) then I might just re-release my files with the ".swf" extension. I'd prefer to maintain ".mod" if possible because it helps to distinguish the Loader mods from the vanilla imports. Also: we don't yet know whether the ".mod" to ".swf" rename actually fixes the problem ... so if you're able to test and confirm it, then please say so.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'd like to identify the root problem here and then try to link it to something specific (such as a Windows patch, antivirus setting, default file association, etc).
Looks like it's a Windows update.

Try to view a *.mod file in the Preview Pane? Works fine; the preview thumbnail is empty.
Try to view a *.mod file in the Details Pane? Windows Explorer will crash with an error related to C:\Windows\System32\CompPkgSup.DLL.

Please note that this error is not related to SDT. It also occurs when you attempt to view Details on many types of media files (such as MPEG). We're impacted by this problem only because we sometimes use the ".mod" file extension, which coincides with an obsolete music-storage format.

Permanent solution:
  • wait for Microsoft to issue a new patch which corrects the problem

Temporary fixes:
  • deactivate the Details pane in your Windows Explorer (use Preview Pane instead, or use neither of them)
  • remove Windows Update KB4013429 (and then use fancy hacking to hide the update so your PC won't automatically install it again)
  • rename the .mod files to .swf
  • "quarantine" the .mod files (as described by F Fixxxtozz ) so that you don't need to visit that particular subfolder with Windows Explorer

Fixxxtozz

Potential Patron
OK so NEWS!!

(sorry it took so long for me to reply and stuff, been really busy with school and work)

Soooo, the whole issue with the .mod files crashing Windows Explorer has been fixed. The only thing i changed was I downloaded the new version of the leash files (v5.9), other than that I didn't change anything. So I don't know if you fixed that, or if windows updated. I can now view the .mod files in a window with both the details pane and the preview pane without any issues. Soo i guess its fixed?

In other news,

the leashes still don't work. I tried the new leashes with my normal setup (still nothing has changed other than the new leash files) by loading them through moreclothing, and they still don't load properly. They're all weird and stuff still. They don't jiggle as much anymore, but they still don't load properly. I tried putting the leash files on the top of the moreclothing setting list like you said, and it didn't work. I even tried putting them on the bottom.

HOWEVER, since I can now view the .mod files without crashing windows explorer, I can load the leashes manually, AND THEY WORK!!! They load and "render" properly and they don't jiggle around.

Soo naturally i thought there might be some sort of conflicting file that i had initially loaded that mess up the leashes (now that I'm thinking about it, loading it manually wouldn't really change that), so i got a fresh clean new copy sby's loader pack version 8.545D to see if that was the issue. I changed the moreclothing setting list to include the leashes, and it still didn't work. They still didn't load properly and they still jiggled around. Loading it manually on the clean version worked fine. So i don't really know what the issue is anymore.

I think it might be moreclothing, and to answer your question above about the MoreclothingV5_1.swf, no its not a typo, it was in there, .swf and all, its not anymore, still didn't fix the issue. Like I said before, loading it manually works perfectly fine, so im pretty sure it is an issue with moreclothing.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Soooo, the whole issue with the .mod files crashing Windows Explorer has been fixed. The only thing i changed was I downloaded the new version of the leash files (v5.9), other than that I didn't change anything. So I don't know if you fixed that, or if windows updated.
I didn't fix the MOD files.

I corrected the Explorer issue locally a few weeks ago via codec tweaks, so I wouldn't have noticed a Windows Update fix. Glad to hear that it's working properly now :)

They don't jiggle as much anymore, but they still don't load properly.
The mods load fine. All of the sprites appear and they're on the correct layers. Their scripts load correctly and they respond to RGB sliders. They unload cleanly.

They just don't animate properly.

So i don't really know what the issue is anymore.
There's a new feature in moreclothingV6_1settings.txt:

Code:
+preventnonbodyoverwrite=1

Changing that setting to 0 will fix the leash animation problem. But we should assume that there was a reason why sby sby enabled it by default. It's possible that disabling the new feature might cause visual oddities (or missing sprites) for other moreClothing mods.

If you'd prefer to leave that setting alone, then you can reduce the number of Leash mods in your moreClothing list. If you have only one Leash attached to the front of the collar and one Leash attached to the rear, then you should be okay.

Otherwise, you can try to change the config option and then carefully test to determine whether your other BODY and BODY2 mods still work correctly.

Fixxxtozz

Potential Patron
Aight,

Sooo that seemed to fix the issue with moreclothing
I've been testing the BODY and BODY2 mods and i don't see any issues yet. I'll keep going to see if there are any other issues caused by the
Code:
+preventnonbodyoverwrite=1

but all the default mods in sby's pack work fine.

Thanks for the help! :^)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i found some mods released by people have the overwrite feature enabled for some clothing. this caused other mods of the same type to not be visible.
this was added to hopefully stop those pesky settings from interfering with other mods. body mods are handled specially, so that is why they are segregated out.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Update: meanwhile I updated to the newest versions ov AnimTools and leash and it works with the setting
+preventnonbodyoverwrite=0 almost perfect. The only problem is when the positions makes the distance from hand to collar greater then the length of the used leash.

So I'D finally say "problem solved" - thanks for all of your support!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.