Need help with hand mod (1 Viewer)

wolsik

Content Creator
Hello. If this was answered already, I'm sory but I didn't find anything.
I'm trying to make a mod and I want to change her hands "color" (or make gloves if easyer) (no, changing her skin color won't do the trick).

The problem is that when I load the mod and switch to handjob, the left hand starts switching like crazy between the "handjob" hand and the "normal" hand. I didn't even try the right hand since I can't even make the left hand work.
I'm using Faceless's Mod Template v0.98 which seems very easy to use, especially for me since I know very very little about coding, but I just can't make it work just with common sense.

Thanks

stuntcock

Content Creator
The problem is that when I load the mod and switch to handjob, the left hand starts switching like crazy between the "handjob" hand and the "normal" hand. I didn't even try the right hand since I can't even make the left hand work.
Share your FLA file. You may have deleted some of the frame labels or introduced extra frames by mistake.

wolsik

Content Creator
Ok thanks. I can't share the .FLA right now but I'll do it tonight.
Its probable that that's the case. I have been drawing in the refence layer because I feel it's easyer and deleting the other layers.

wolsik

Content Creator
Here it is

Edit: Woops. uploaded the wrong one. here is the correct one.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Mod Template v0.98.fla includes the following line:
Code:
// line 606
//registerLeftHandPosition();

You'll need to uncomment it. You'll also need to comment out the following lines (unless you decide to add a custom forearm); otherwise you'll get an exception at runtime.

Code:
// line 1075
forearml.gotoAndStop("handjob");

// line 1088
forearml.gotoAndStop("normal");

wolsik

Content Creator
Hmm I was sure I uncommented //registerLeftHandPosition(); but I guess I forgot to save it...
Anyway, it didn't work. Hand still blinking.

Also, what do you mean by "exception at runtime"? I'm sorry I know little of this things and english isn't my first lenguge.
I plan to do a full body mod (so, pretty much everything). Am I gonna have trouble putting everythig in one single mod? Will I have to split this into several mods?

I also notices that the upperarms also have 2 frames. I will probably have the same problem with these

Thanks for the trouble!

Faceless

Content Creator
What he means is that the Flash debug player (if you're not using this to test stuff, you're doing it wrong) throws up an exception popup because you screwed up somewhere. The popup will even tell you where the exception is occurring so you can go back and fix it.

wolsik

Content Creator
Fixed it!
I was been an idiot, modifying the reference layer and deleting the other layers instead of working in the "Layer 1". Didn't notice that the frames have little red flags, which I don't know what they mean but I should have realized that they were important.

Thanks for the help and the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.