Loader Mod creation: RGB and breast adjustable (1 Viewer)

Jaxx

Content Creator
Hi everyone,
I just started to get familiar with the loader mod creation and I have a question regarding the topic.

I am using animate CC (but I believe the mechanics are quite the same as flash builder) and working from the mod template from sby.

I understand to make something RGB adjustable, a layer has to be converted into a symbol to define it as a movie clip, color it in full black and name it as rgbFill, that part is ok.
I also understand to make a breast adjustable top, you have to draw some keyframes shapes then generate a shape interpolation.
I could have both of these working.

Now... to get something that is breast AND RGB adjustable, it seems to become more complicated. A shape converted into a movie clip symbol cannot be shape interpolated as it's not a shape anymore. The only way I could think of, was to generate the shape interpolation first, then convert the animation in a frame to frame animation, and then convert the 150 resulting image's shape into movie clip symbol...

I saw many mods that are RGB and breast adjustable so I was wondering if an artist familiar with the process would have an efficient way to do this to share with me :smile:
I've been reading any tutorials I could find, including those in sby template, but I wonder if there's not something I'm missing...

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Hi everyone,
I just started to get familiar with the loader mod creation and I have a question regarding the topic.

I am using animate CC (but I believe the mechanics are quite the same as flash builder) and working from the mod template from sby.

I understand to make something RGB adjustable, a layer has to be converted into a symbol to define it as a movie clip, color it in full black and name it as rgbFill, that part is ok.
I also understand to make a breast adjustable top, you have to draw some keyframes shapes then generate a shape interpolation.
I could have both of these working.

Now... to get something that is breast AND RGB adjustable, it seems to become more complicated. A shape converted into a movie clip symbol cannot be shape interpolated as it's not a shape anymore. The only way I could think of, was to generate the shape interpolation first, then convert the animation in a frame to frame animation, and then convert the 150 resulting image's shape into movie clip symbol...

I saw many mods that are RGB and breast adjustable so I was wondering if an artist familiar with the process would have an efficient way to do this to share with me :smile:
I've been reading any tutorials I could find, including those in sby template, but I wonder if there's not something I'm missing...

Hello, nice to see a new modder ;)

Here is some commented screenshots to make it clear :

u13CExjh.png
In the Screen01 you can see three layers, with one frame each, inside the "Right Breast Top symbol".

9W0cb0uh.png
If I unlock the "Fill" layer and double click on the shape, you can see that the interpolation is here, inside this symbol named "Breast RGBFill".

5KhStfkh.png
Here's the symbol for the shading (named sprite 1604). There is also an interpolation here.

BbkwzcUh.png
But if I come back, you can see in the top right corner that the symbol named "Breast RGBFill" on the "Fill" layer have the instance name "rgbFill". It's the only one with a instance name, so it will be the only one able to change color in game.

In conclusion, you just need to re organise your fill.

Jaxx

Content Creator
Thank you for your documented answer !
As I'm a begginer with animate CC and I'm not very familiar with the way it works, what I don't get is how do you get a symbol as movie clip that you could animate with interpolation as if it was a shape.

I guess - correct me if I'm wrong - that you first draw you reference shape then copy it to have a matching shape to build your outline, your shadows, etc...
Should I understand that you convert the wrapping component which contains the shapes and the interpolation into a symbol to make it RGB adjustable?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Thank you for your documented answer !
As I'm a begginer with animate CC and I'm not very familiar with the way it works, what I don't get is how do you get a symbol as movie clip that you could animate with interpolation as if it was a shape.

I guess - correct me if I'm wrong - that you first draw you reference shape then copy it to have a matching shape to build your outline, your shadows, etc...
Should I understand that you convert the wrapping component which contains the shapes and the interpolation into a symbol to make it RGB adjustable?

The reference layer in this exemple is the shape of the boobs which come with the template. But your right is usually do a "draft" layer (at least I do it now, I used an old file for the exemple, my bad).
And there is a ton of way to do that : you can duplicate the reference layer and convert the shape on this layer as a symbol. Inside this symbol keep the layer as exemple, create a new one and start drawing on it. Now come back, duplicate the first layer with the symbol AND duplicate the symbol in the library AND swap the symbol on the new layer with the new duplicate one. By duplicating and swaping the symbol you can "specialize" each symbol (filling one in black and naming it "Fill" with "rgbFill" as instance name for example).

I hope this explanation is clear enough :/

Jaxx

Content Creator
You're giving me precious tips and I really appreciate it, thank you :smile:
Yet, I'm not sure if I get how to easily make an RGB adjustable animation. Do you mean I can draw shapes with interpolation inside a symbol? I can't really picture the whole structure in my head yet but I'll eventually succeed.
I'll practice with everything you told me, and if I can't achieve to do it, I'll come back with more specific questions :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.