Loader Mod Creation Question: Body Markings (1 Viewer)

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I'm going to start this by apologizing if this is the wrong sub-forum to post this question in, just in case there's a better one out there. Given what I was looking for, I figured this was a good place to start with.

In any case... I'm trying to work on a mod that involves what would probably be best described as a full-body tattoo. Think something like Darth Talon (note that this is just an example of the sort of scope of the mod, not a literal "this is what I'm working on").

I've worked on making the mod in Sby's Loader Template (because the tattoo spreads to the girl's hands as well), and the marks on the girl's torso and legs are all on the Body Template. I say this because this is where my issue comes from. Markings that are on the front of the girl's chest and on her breasts will cause those segments of her body to disappear. Here are 2 example pictures:

Picture 1: Showing the location of an example mod (i.e. this isn't the actual mod I'm working on, just a quick mockup done separately so that I don't change any settings in that one by accident) on the body that will cause this issue. Note that marks are present on both Breasts as well as the Chest (the other breast's mark isn't visible in this shot).
HX1jR6N.png

Picture 2: The above mod in-game, having been published as a .swf file.
BhahroN.png

Note that the glare layer is still present on the breast (I only removed the reference layers), which sort of helps show that the breast doesn't seem to appear at all.

Also note that I've already tried setting the overwrite Boolean to false - it didn't work. I tested to make sure it was working before as well - if I have the marking on the girl's back and I have the overwrite set to true, her back disappears. If I have it set to false, it doesn't. The issue above is occurring even if the Boolean is set to false and ONLY on the girl's chest and breasts.

I'm aware that it's possible to just migrate these markings to the Top and Bottoms templates, but doing so causes them to partially bleed through regular clothes - this is the main reason why I'm asking if there's a way to fix the above issue so that I can avoid the bleed-through to begin with (without having to change the mod itself).

If any other information or testing is needed from me, please let me know.

Faceless

Content Creator
This is a known bug of the vanilla template, which unfortunately the extended template also inherits.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Huh. I see. Ah well, it was worth a shot. At least I'm aware of a (partial) workaround that still keeps it MoreClothing compatible. Thanks for the information.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
This is a known bug of the vanilla template, which unfortunately the extended template also inherits.

To clarify, This bug only exists if you compile a body mod without deleting the Left/Right Breast and chest layers completely from the body template. You can still make other body mods not using these layers.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Right, I've noticed that the issue only persisted on these layers, so my new workaround (to minimize the amount of compliance work I had to do to make it look nice with vanilla clothes) was to put the majority of the markings on the body template and put markings in these 3 locations on a different template (I used Top which IMO works well enough for my purposes here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.