Blade and Soul - Mods / Nude Mods (NA/EU) (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hello all. I have some questions. If im right the nude mod from another thread can be used just by placing the files in a "mod" folder in CookedPC just like in TERA. Shouldnt it be easy to do all mods that way and avoid the uMod? Im sorry if this sounds dumb but i have no modding experience.

The costume textures are found within dds files which are common to both TERA and BnS, but in TERA they are packed inside gpk files whereas BnS uses upk files. And this is where the problem lies.
For modding dds files in TERA, we have an application called UtHelper which unpacks gpk files and allows us to extract the dds costume textures to modify, then packs everything back into the gpk. These modded files can indeed be stored in a mod folder which the game happily reads and makes use of.
For BnS we do not have an equivalent for UtHelper, so we don't have a way to unpack the upk files to extract the dds costume textures.
Instead we've been relying on uMod which allows us to capture the dds costume textures directly from the game when it's running, then after modding the textures they get injected right back into the running game.
And since both versions of uMod are crashing the BnS EU/NA client, we've got a problem doing anything with costume mods until either someone finds a way to update uMod or creates an application like UtHelper that can work on upk files.

kissofthehell

Potential Patron
The costume textures are found within dds files which are common to both TERA and BnS, but in TERA they are packed inside gpk files whereas BnS uses upk files. And this is where the problem lies.
For modding dds files in TERA, we have an application called UtHelper which unpacks gpk files and allows us to extract the dds costume textures to modify, then packs everything back into the gpk. These modded files can indeed be stored in a mod folder which the game happily reads and makes use of.
For BnS we do not have an equivalent for UtHelper, so we don't have a way to unpack the upk files to extract the dds costume textures.
Instead we've been relying on uMod which allows us to capture the dds costume textures directly from the game when it's running, then after modding the textures they get injected right back into the running game.
And since both versions of uMod are crashing the BnS EU/NA client, we've got a problem doing anything with costume mods until either someone finds a way to update uMod or creates an application like UtHelper that can work on upk files.
How was the nude upk file mod made then?

n1honomaru

Potential Patron
could anyone explain to how to make it work on russian priv ? i keep getting message "Can not sent to game."

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
How was the nude upk file mod made then?

My best guess is it was made using an application similar to UtHelper, capable of doing exactly as I've described before.
I've seen modders offering costume modding services for BnS where the modder provides upk files, so clearly there is a way to do it.
I've been told, though I cannot confirm it, that an application was made available to a "select few" modders on the undestanding that they would not share it with anyone else.
I've also been told that an application was available for a time for sale on a Chinese forum, but I was unable to find out if this was genuine or just a scam.
The part I don't quite understand is why the the "nude" mod supplied here has barbiedoll lower part. If you have a completely nude body texture to work with, then adding pussy and bumhole detail should not be that hard.
However, until I have a way to unpack upk files to look at it, I can't say more.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
could anyone explain to how to make it work on russian priv ? i keep getting message "Can not sent to game."

Several things are possible.
First thing to try if you didn't already is to run both uMod and the game client "as administrator".
If the problem stays, it could be that your game client doesn't have the particular texture you're trying to load so it cannot recognise it, or the same texture in your game client might be called something else.
If you're certain this texture exists in your game client and you're comfortable using uMod, you could try to capture it yourself with uMod and after you save it, check the name of the file you got. This will be the file name your client recognises, in which case you could try saving your mod file with this name and trying again to load it in the game.

Shanajinx

Potential Patron
Hi,

I have the following problem. the guide is great But I always get the error message when UMOD.

Why is that ? LG Kim

Attachments

• BnS Mode Fail.jpg
    BnS Mode Fail.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 502
E

ExodusTime

I'm thinking of making an unpacker/packer tool for NA/EU, but too lazy for it. Going to google a bit with some chinese friends and see what I need to do, ifs not too much then congrats you'll have your tool

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I'm thinking of making an unpacker/packer tool for NA/EU, but too lazy for it. Going to google a bit with some chinese friends and see what I need to do, ifs not too much then congrats you'll have your tool

All help in this project is welcome, and work is already underway here:
Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding | Undertow

You could ask your Chinese friend to make some sense out of this:
http://www.cc8.cc/th...145891-1-1.html
It was provided to me as a way to supposedly get a working application for modding in BnS, but the only thing I knew for sure was that it was being charged for, though I don't know how much the price was or if maybe the whole thing was just a scam.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
You could ask your Chinese friend to make some sense out of this:
http://www.cc8.cc/th...145891-1-1.html
It was provided to me as a way to supposedly get a working application for modding in BnS, but the only thing I knew for sure was that it was being charged for, though I don't know how much the price was or if maybe the whole thing was just a scam.

Useless,

然而不能封包 做出来有什么用。。

means, "still cant repack, whats the point (of selling)"

n1honomaru

Potential Patron
Several things are possible.
First thing to try if you didn't already is to run both uMod and the game client "as administrator".
If the problem stays, it could be that your game client doesn't have the particular texture you're trying to load so it cannot recognise it, or the same texture in your game client might be called something else.
If you're certain this texture exists in your game client and you're comfortable using uMod, you could try to capture it yourself with uMod and after you save it, check the name of the file you got. This will be the file name your client recognises, in which case you could try saving your mod file with this name and trying again to load it in the game.
ummm ok but do you know how to make nude lyn work on playbns (russian private server) ? do i need copy and replace some files from usa client to ru client ? if so which ones ? im not a modder so any detailed help would be great :<

MrBojingo

Potential Patron
Hello, i have a question. I'm looking for the nude mod for B&S NA version, however, there's alot of links and i kinda get confused easily when there's alot of download links to choose from. Im assuming this thread is mostly for armor mods, but i saw 2 download links to nude mods. does anyone know which one of those works with these armor mods on this thread? and if they both work, which one is better (or more popular)?

Also, does anyone know if there's a mod to uncensor the game? Specifically the poses and storyline content. Or does the old uncensor patch for korea work on the NA version? I prefer not to have to resort to that old uncensor patch because i heard from my cousin how much of a pain it was to get that patch to work when they were playing the korean version.

hentaiboy77

Potential Patron
About Umod......

1. Click on [Add Game] -> \Program Files (x86)\plaync\BnS\bin\Client.exe
2. Turn on [Use Global Hook]
3. Launch game (Not with Umod)
(More options will now pop up)
4. Click on [Open Texture/Package] and choose a mod.
5. Click on [Update Reload]

I follow the instruction, but new options didn't appear! are you sure I have to lunch B&S without Umod?

stricq

Club Regular
About Umod......

1. Click on [Add Game] -> \Program Files (x86)\plaync\BnS\bin\Client.exe
2. Turn on [Use Global Hook]
3. Launch game (Not with Umod)
(More options will now pop up)
4. Click on [Open Texture/Package] and choose a mod.
5. Click on [Update Reload]

I follow the instruction, but new options didn't appear! are you sure I have to lunch B&S without Umod?

The release version of the game does no longer work with Umod. Only betas and early prerelease version worked. The release version has the full GameGuard running and it blocks Umod.

Akumart

Avid Affiliate
Can we also use Chinese Mods using the UMod tool. My Blade and Soul's for the EU region~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.