Blade and Soul - Mods / Nude Mods (NA/EU) (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
In my search for an alternative method to work on costume files in BnS rather than using uMod (hoping for something similar to UtHelper which unpacks gpk files but doesn't seem to find the dds images in upk files), I was given a link for a programme which I'm told does the job.
The link goes to a Chinese site (at least I think that's what it is) which looks like some kind of forum, but using the auto-translate function didn't allow me to understand whether or not the programme discussed was actually what we need for BnS.
Add to that the fact that you have to pay to get it and I've no idea how much the asking price is in any currency I recognise, so certainly wasn't going to just "click and find out".
Anyways, here's the link, if anyone can understand what's actually being said there, maybe we can learn if this programme is the solution to our problem:
http://www.cc8.cc/th...145891-1-1.html

echoMateria

Potential Patron
It's this one, I believe. But it only works on gon females. It changes the to nude.

BNS Nude patch NA.rar

You just put the mods folder in the respective CookedPC folder of your game and it should be good to go. You'll get some errors on the start-up load screen but just mash enter for each one ant they'll go away.

Yup, this works on the CBT5 right now.

Can I set this to replace the underwear instead of the starting dobok by changing some file names or something?

Last edited:

Mykai

Potential Patron
Yeah, this is the first one I've gotten to work as well. Thanks! Has anyone figured out who the original modder was for this file? I'd love to understand how they put them in upk format so that I might try my hand at Jin and Yun.

Has anyone tested the UPK version to see who all can see it? Is it just local? For that matter, is the uMod version just local?

Last edited:

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
First you need example of western underwear if you want to use it and place it in a mod folder (i found for female lyn in files and can share it).

I play on JP BnS too, and would like to get this to work, but I don't have the western underwear, can you upload it somewhere?

Neogeo

Potential Patron
Is there even a western release now? Last I have heard was that there was no date or the game already released for the west.

Simpsons94

Vivacious Visitor
For anyone who played the beta's. Is this version altered in any way? Ex. Censoring outfits, or Americanizing in some way?

echoMateria

Potential Patron
Visually, no.

They changed some quest dialogue to make it less awkward to Westerners. You can get more details into exactly how by Googling for it.

Stubzzz

Potential Patron
So the other beta NA client mod by, I cant remember who, but all props and credit to that guy/gal/modder, WORKS for GON, It doesn't work for the JIN race from what I saw, will test the others and post back.

Okay so I checked the stand alone files(without U mod) that one person posted for NA beta, and that works for GON, NA early headstart. It currently doesn't work for the other 3 races. I have yet to try Naduron's mods via Umod.

Last edited:

kindwick

Avid Affiliate
Any chance this upk mod could be reverse engineered, Naduron, to include the breast base body textures for your armor edits? I don't mod, so I have no idea if that's how it works. Just a thought...here's a link to the working upk mod

Link - BnS NA/EU nude mod

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
So as people said in the thread, for NA servers, umod2 versions textures crash the game immediately, but when I try to use umod1 and low texture quality I can get it to work but only for a short time, within 1 minute usually before the game shuts down. Anyone else have this problem or an idea why it is happening to me?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
So as people said in the thread, for NA servers, umod2 versions textures crash the game immediately, but when I try to use umod1 and low texture quality I can get it to work but only for a short time, within 1 minute usually before the game shuts down. Anyone else have this problem or an idea why it is happening to me?

You are not alone, neither version of uMod works with the final release client of BnS EU/NA without crashing the game very quickly.
I wanted to continue my modding work on costumes but have not been able to do anything because of this problem, so I made a thread here Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding | Undertow hoping to get some help.

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
You are not alone, neither version of uMod works with the final release client of BnS EU/NA without crashing the game very quickly.
I wanted to continue my modding work on costumes but have not been able to do anything because of this problem, so I made a thread here Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding | Undertow hoping to get some help.

Well, good to know it isn't only me...but sad to see that all the mods in this thread have become unusable...

Hopefully someone is able to help and get them working again...

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
So I have a friend that knows a lot more about working with unreal stuff than I do, and he thinks he can do the nude mod with directly replaces the files in the upk.

In order to help him, does anyone know which upks (exact file names) where the lyn textures are? to replace them?

This would bypass the need for umod and thus not be effected by the anti-hacking guard.

kissofthehell

Potential Patron
Hello all. I have some questions. If im right the nude mod from another thread can be used just by placing the files in a "mod" folder in CookedPC just like in TERA. Shouldnt it be easy to do all mods that way and avoid the uMod? Im sorry if this sounds dumb but i have no modding experience.

On a side note how bad are the censors? Obviously NCsoft lied when they said there would be no censors (story etc) but if im aware the costumes themselves were changed but underwears and such were made to cash shop costumes and stance changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.