Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (2 Viewers)

Francis

Potential Patron
It's been said multiple times in this forum, we do not support armor swap of any kind.
If you want to do so go ahead, but please abstain from posting it here
Oh, sorry about that, I just saw this web today and wanted to try out the mods, I don't really have the time to read a lot of stuff in here considering it's like 104 pages long..

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Oh, sorry about that, I just saw this web today and wanted to try out the mods, I don't really have the time to read a lot of stuff in here considering it's like 104 pages long..

It's highlighted in Red text in the first post. To make it even more clear, I changed the topic title to add 'Don't ask about armor swapping'.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Anyone know where I can find the texture that controls the eye textures for sorceress? I have edited them before, but after a patch a while back they no longer work. I have tried finding them, but have been unable to.

Here is what they were before, but no longer work.

phw_00_eye_0001_m.dds
phw_00_eye_0001.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_dec.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_frown_dec.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_frown_dec_sp.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_smile_dec.dds
phw_01_eyeline_dec.dds

I also let the program choose where to put the files. Has always worked previously. No idea how to figure out the file path I need for these if that is the problem.

Last edited:

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Anyone know where I can find the texture that controls the eye textures for sorceress? I have edited them before, but after a patch a while back they no longer work. I have tried finding them, but have been unable to.

Here is what they were before, but no longer work.

phw_00_eye_0001_m.dds
phw_00_eye_0001.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_dec.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_frown_dec.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_frown_dec_sp.dds
phw_00_eyeline_0001_smile_dec.dds
phw_01_eyeline_dec.dds

I also let the program choose where to put the files. Has always worked previously. No idea how to figure out the file path I need for these if that is the problem.
Screenshot (59703).png

Dratiant

Potential Patron
The current version wont patch the partcombinationdesc.xml. I am just trying to figure out how to get Kunoichi/Rangers to have the cape of Acher Guard outfit to stay out when their normal weapons are stored.

Dratiant

Potential Patron
A designed limitation for the "other uses" of that file.
Gotcha, Suzu told me I need to edit something in the partscut file anyways so it's not needed. Now just messing with the "Relation" section of the partscut...though no clue what to put in since there is no entry for it xD.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
"Let the program decide" is unreliable...

All character-related textures go in "character/texture".

So I just put them all in one big folder? There is no way to organize them?
That is why I used to let the program decide, because I am kind of OCD about organizing things. I have everything in a nice and neat file structure.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Dot or underscore prefixed folders are ignored from the path.
_abc/character/texture/
character/_abc/texture/
character/texture/_abc/
These all lead to "character/texture/"

Double-dot or double-underscore make it so the folder's contents are ignored, underscore prefixed files are also ignored.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Dot or underscore prefixed folders are ignored from the path.

These all lead to "character/texture/"

Double-dot or double-underscore make it so the folder's contents are ignored, underscore prefixed files are also ignored.

This helps me so much you have no idea! Thank you, thank you!

Does it work for multi level folders? For example:

character/texture/_female/_armor/_sorceress
and so on?

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Yes.

Edit: Forgot to mention the two dot/underscore prefix exceptions (both are case insensitive):
  • ".legacy", "_legacy" - Patches the files the "legacy" way, as in "breaking" the meta entry which then has the game looking for the files in the game's directory - this will not work for some types of files, including textures, overall legacy patching isn't fully supported by the library and there aren't plans to fully support it in the future, only to ensure that the library would know how to handle "broken" entries. Files can be swapped at runtime in the game's folder, something useful for creators of custom models.
  • ".add", "_add" - Adds files to the game, this is useful for doing stuff such as giving different textures to models that use the same textures (as is the case with many of the female body models and some outfits), the changing of the texture name in the model has to be done separately, and is supported by the library, but no Meta Injector implementation is available (and there probably won't be a Meta Injector implementation for this, but the tool that I'm working on to replace paz browser and Meta Injector most likely would).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.