Better Stats for Black Desert Online (1 Viewer)

EarthGreen

Vivacious Visitor
UndercoverPervert UndercoverPervert are you going to update this mod? Because it's currently broken. The only problem right now is that once you installed this mod in current version of BDO. You can't click on character selection. So there is that current problem.

EarthGreen

Vivacious Visitor
Okay so, I managed to get it running, since the map doesn't work. I replaced radar.luac and radar_pin.lauc with the original files. The Map function 3d works , so I keep it like that. However players and mobs does not show on 3d radar. or Map. Keep you posted.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
You don't need to keep me posted for anything, I've fixed all the issues, there are just other additions and other things I've been working on.

EarthGreen

Vivacious Visitor
Thank you, but the map still isn't working as it should. I'm a huge fan of your work. What lua binary version do you use to compile the luac?

mew905

Potential Patron
Yep, map is broken.
I'd love to have this as *just* the damage, or set each thing as optional (so if map is broken, we're not forced to choose between a broken map and damage shown, or nothing at all)

Tried going through the raw files for the last 4 or 5 hours here and cant get the damage/enemy health bar to show up, and also can't get the map to work (restoring radar)

What files do I need to restore functionality? It's significantly more difficult to play without a minimap. Ideally all I want is damage to show and enemy health/level

Last edited:

mew905

Potential Patron
So I manually extracted and compared what files got changed and installed them using the normal injector.... and everything works: damage shows, and map works. The enemy life bar doesn't have numbers, but I can see the level and types. I'll play around with it as I actually quite prefer the new UI.

Last edited:

wutlol

Potential Patron
I havent gotten quite that far, What I did was install the mod using it's built in injector, then used Meta Injector to check what files got patched. Then I extracted them all with paz_browser_1.4b, put them into files_to_patch folder, restore backup with meta injector (back to stock) and use meta injector to inject the files manually (let the program decide where to put them.

The files injected are:

Damage does show up, and the radar works normally, you can see other players' HP *after* they take some damage, and you can see enemy health bars above the enemies even without knowledge, but the main health bar at the top of the screen works normally (no knowledge = full hp bar with color change). Also player and monster levels both show.

It also breaks some UI parts, though they're pretty minor/rarely used

It works, I mainly want just damage, but I'm still experimenting what I can remove to have *only* health bars and damage. I'd even take *just* damage display with nothing else: being able to see when and how often I'm missing, how often I get critical hits is absolutely helpful.

Oh, so I misunderstood, sorry. In other words, we kinda had the same idea, just that in my case it didn't work jajaja. Don't know why but when I patched the files thought Meta Injector I get a black screen and my GPU crash, thing that doesn't happen by patching with the BetterStats injector.

Maybe could it be that I extracted the files wrong or I got the folder order wrong, I'm not sure. Care to share your Files to Patch order to see what I did wrong? Like I said, I'm not very savvy at this, just trow what seems logic to me and see if it works.

Also it would be a lot better if OP would enlighten us so this could be solved faster xd.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Again, you guys don't need to tell me what's broken, I've got it all fixed and new features in the works, it is simply not ready for a public release.

EarthGreen

Vivacious Visitor
Hey man, love your mod, been using it ever since. Still broken as hell, but I love it! Keep up the good work!. Stay safe out there. Cheers.

EarthGreen

Vivacious Visitor
I think the problem is that the update is once every week in BDO,and it break things very easily. And it would take time to fix all 13 modded files.

I believe the solution is just release the damage_numbers mod would be awesome. But that one is broken too.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Can we have the update pretty please? Thanks.
Soon™

I think the problem is that the update is once every week in BDO,and it break things very easily. And it would take time to fix all 13 modded files.

I believe the solution is just release the damage_numbers mod would be awesome. But that one is broken too.
That's not the problem, motivation is, or more accurately, the lack of it since I haven't really enjoyed the game for well over a year now.
But I still update Better Stats, it's just that there are many additions and changes that have only been partly completed and aren't ready for a release. Over the last week however I have put some work into it, from a day after the request for settings I've actually created a settings system, but there was no interface and only a couple of settings as a test, the old options menu wasn't too easy to work with so I never got around to patching it to use it as an interface for Better Stats settings, the new one however... I've been watching the changes it's been receiving from a couple of months ago till this week, the interface is created purely via code (though it still uses this new ugly interface design with massive fonts and obnoxious spacing that takes more space to show less than the old interfaces did, I'll most likely be changing that when I get around to it), making patching it to inject my own settings much simpler, and I've done that plus a full rework of my original settings system in the last couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.