Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

Snow

Avid Affiliate
There is a comment in English that mentions this problem and 78 responded with a new link (the one that says "zerofight2.zip". That version has a fixed stage file and the game will work on non-Japanese systems now.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
there's not much to it. it's pretty much the absolute basics of "look there are enemies and they can move and throw kicks". there isn't even a 2nd screen.

IronE

Club Regular
Took me so long to figure out the controls. Punch seems to stop working occasionally. Enemies swarm you. Blocking is crucial.

I'm surprised he's not using OpenBOR or something. This seems very homegrown.

Snow

Avid Affiliate
He's using Fighter Maker 2D, which isn't even made for beat-em-up Double Dragon-style games. I think the limitations of the game lie entirely in the engine and not his skill or what he would like to do.

I've love to see him use OpenBOR too, but there is no Japanese translation of it. I did some quick OpenBOR testing with his sprites back when he started this and the results weren't all that bad. I don't think he wants others using his images though and he speaks no English so it would be very hard to work with him on anything.

aesopn

Club Regular
Have been watching this thread for a while, feelin' sorry for keep watching not giving.
Here contribute one of my found.

This is a korean mobile game called "Train Crasher" (Korean: 트레인크래셔).
A side-scrolling brawler developed by SOFTMAX.
With the same studio who developed DNF, this game is real great on it's combat style and enemy AI.

Well, introduction's over. Time to introduce our main character:

3pYovL4.png

48fbtaP.png

She's called "Attendant" in english version of the game
This is one of the best zako I found in beat-em-up in recent years.

FfbxNBZ.png

5FvMIht.png

Her attack skill contain various styles.
1. Double kick on stomach and head (one extra slap kick who knock players down in boss fight)
2. Flying kick
3. Throwing knife
g18DD9v.png

(can even see her breast quite nicely :D)
4. Back flip and throw knife

ImpH7gR.png

In death, she will scream and explode.

This video shows this zako in action. (Begin 33:10)

Hope you guys like it.

This game is now on Google Play, check it out.

TrainCrasher - Android-apps op Google Play

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
Batman Arkham Series:
Talia3.png

(Talia being kicked in the groin).
You can swap the characters making every thug become a female character(harley, catwoman, etc...)
i am planning to play arkham city for the first time and want to make all the enemies female. maybe talia. I have never modded anything before and am not sure how to do it. how do I change them to talia or other female characters and what are the steps and/or codes to do it? I want to know how you did it

kubi mage

Club Regular
i am planning to play arkham city for the first time and want to make all the enemies female. maybe talia. I have never modded anything before and am not sure how to do it. how do I change them to talia or other female characters and what are the steps and/or codes to do it? I want to know how you did it

I learned how to do it recently and can provide details if you want them. It's actually pretty easy and there are a lot of nice female models in AC that you can swap in. That'll have to be later though, as I don't have time at the moment.

Also if I should be posting this in the modding forum instead someone please let me know where. Not really familiar with where everything goes just yet.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Okay, here it is. Sorry for double-posting but I wanted to make this a separate post in case it needs to be moved.

--Zako substitution in Arkham City--

First, one of the basics of modding Arkham City is you will need to enable the console. To do this:
1) Edit the file \Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\BmGame\Config\BMInput.ini to have the following three lines:
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="set console TypeKey F10")
Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="exec console.txt")
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="set console consolekey F12")
2) Change the file to be read-only (right click, go to properties and check "read only")
Now you should be able to open the console in the game by pressing F10. Sometimes you have to press it twice but it should work.

Next, add the text file that I've attached to this post to the folder \Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\Binaries.

Finally, the fun stuff:
1) Open up console.txt.
2) Go to line 56 (Talia Al Ghul) and uncomment the four lines below it by deleting the semicolons.
3) Save the file and start up Arkham City. Open the console anywhere with F10 and type in Start Batentry?Area=Death_Talia, then when Talia shows up just press F11 once.
4) Go into Riddler's Challenges and start any challenge (I recommend Wayne Armory or Top of the World). When the list of challenges comes up before the challenge starts, simply press F11 once.
5) Start the challenge and now all enemies should be replaced by Talia!

This should work in any challenge, though it works best with certain specific challenge maps. I'll explain why later. You can edit console.txt as you please, but if you read it you'll find it contains some helpful information about how to get specific models to load. Some are simple, like Talia, but some require specific progress in the main game. There are also a few interesting console commands to try out at the top if you like messing with the camera, becoming invisible, etc.

So that's replacing challenge enemies, which is easy. Replacing enemies in the actual game is a little less reliable but it works most of the time. You just have to refresh it every so often when the game goes to a loading screen. To do it, just make sure that you've loaded the character model like the example above (so just repeat steps 1-3 if you're doing Talia again), and then start the main game and spam F11 whenever you see the loading screen. You may have to enter and exit a building like the church or museum to force the load screen to come up.

Unfortunately for Talia (and a lot of other characters) I don't override the forced loading of textures, so often you might see her showing up with the wrong textures. This can be fixed if you know the override materials, but unfortunately I haven't looked into these for all the characters yet because I haven't touched this file for a few months. You can see examples of these overrides under Long Halloween Catwoman and Poison Ivy, but of course those only work for their specific characters. Sorry about that. On the plus side, there are four challenge maps where the enemies don't override textures: Lost City, Top of the World, Wayne Manor Armory, and The Batcave. So if you just want a place with waves of unsullied zako, those maps are your friends. I may try to update the file with all the overrides later, but no promises.

Sadly I still don't know how to change the enemy voices; if I knew how I'd definitely swap them with the assassin samples. I'm sure it's simple, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway, enjoy zako!

Attachments

console.txt
7 KB · Views: 174

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
Okay, here it is. Sorry for double-posting but I wanted to make this a separate post in case it needs to be moved.

--Zako substitution in Arkham City--

First, one of the basics of modding Arkham City is you will need to enable the console. To do this:
1) Edit the file \Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\BmGame\Config\BMInput.ini to have the following three lines:
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="set console TypeKey F10")
Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="exec console.txt")
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="set console consolekey F12")
2) Change the file to be read-only (right click, go to properties and check "read only")
Now you should be able to open the console in the game by pressing F10. Sometimes you have to press it twice but it should work.

Next, add the text file that I've attached to this post to the folder \Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City GOTY\Binaries.

Finally, the fun stuff:
1) Open up console.txt.
2) Go to line 56 (Talia Al Ghul) and uncomment the four lines below it by deleting the semicolons.
3) Save the file and start up Arkham City. Open the console anywhere with F10 and type in Start Batentry?Area=Death_Talia, then when Talia shows up just press F11 once.
4) Go into Riddler's Challenges and start any challenge (I recommend Wayne Armory or Top of the World). When the list of challenges comes up before the challenge starts, simply press F11 once.
5) Start the challenge and now all enemies should be replaced by Talia!

This should work in any challenge, though it works best with certain specific challenge maps. I'll explain why later. You can edit console.txt as you please, but if you read it you'll find it contains some helpful information about how to get specific models to load. Some are simple, like Talia, but some require specific progress in the main game. There are also a few interesting console commands to try out at the top if you like messing with the camera, becoming invisible, etc.

So that's replacing challenge enemies, which is easy. Replacing enemies in the actual game is a little less reliable but it works most of the time. You just have to refresh it every so often when the game goes to a loading screen. To do it, just make sure that you've loaded the character model like the example above (so just repeat steps 1-3 if you're doing Talia again), and then start the main game and spam F11 whenever you see the loading screen. You may have to enter and exit a building like the church or museum to force the load screen to come up.

Unfortunately for Talia (and a lot of other characters) I don't override the forced loading of textures, so often you might see her showing up with the wrong textures. This can be fixed if you know the override materials, but unfortunately I haven't looked into these for all the characters yet because I haven't touched this file for a few months. You can see examples of these overrides under Long Halloween Catwoman and Poison Ivy, but of course those only work for their specific characters. Sorry about that. On the plus side, there are four challenge maps where the enemies don't override textures: Lost City, Top of the World, Wayne Manor Armory, and The Batcave. So if you just want a place with waves of unsullied zako, those maps are your friends. I may try to update the file with all the overrides later, but no promises.

Sadly I still don't know how to change the enemy voices; if I knew how I'd definitely swap them with the assassin samples. I'm sure it's simple, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway, enjoy zako!
I cant seem to access the console, though I think I have gone through the steps you suggested. I tried pushing f10 but it isn't opening the console command section as far as I know

kubi mage

Club Regular
I cant seem to access the console, though I think I have gone through the steps you suggested. I tried pushing f10 but it isn't opening the console command section as far as I know

I'm trying to remember if there was anything else, but afaik it should work. Did you set the BMInput.ini to read-only? I think if you forget, it overwrites the file so you have to make the changes over again.

Also this should go without saying but don't add the new bindings at the beginning of the file since there may already be bindings for those keys. I added them just above the line that reads [Engine.DebugCameraInput]

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
I still cant access the console. just in case this is important, the computer I am using is a laptop where the F10 key is shared by a play/pause button.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Is your laptop set to enable function keys by default? Maybe you have to press another key to enable them. I know I've had some laptops like that. Alternately I guess you could try to bind the console to a different key and see if that works.

If you still can't get it to come up after this I don't know what your problem could possibly be. Try looking through here: cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68535

sindragoon

Casual Client

at around 3:50 there are two zakos wearing leotards. I hope they are common enemies as opposed to boss enemies. This game is new so i heard

horatiojones80

Content Creator
I just got saints row 3 since it was on sale for under 6 bucks. IS there a way I can get to the "Trojan Whores" mission without playing the rest of the game? as far as i know there is no replaying missions option (there was in SR2 but like pretty much everything that made that game so good they removed it in SR3) and the only save-games I can find are 100% completion

Clausolas

Casual Client
I just got saints row 3 since it was on sale for under 6 bucks. IS there a way I can get to the "Trojan Whores" mission without playing the rest of the game? as far as i know there is no replaying missions option (there was in SR2 but like pretty much everything that made that game so good they removed it in SR3) and the only save-games I can find are 100% completion
Unfortunately, without downloading a save file at that point of the game, no. But there is an alternative.

waraji on Pixiv has created a mod that replaces all gang members with the female equivalents of those gang members (with the exceptions of Lucadores getting replaced by dominatrices in green leather and STAG Soldiers since there's no female Luchadore or STAG enemy).

Saints Row FemThug MOD

You can download and preview the mod at that link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.