Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

triet92

Club Regular
13754252_1228877453798336_2972529018319900048_n.jpg

From a MMO - Sudden Attack 2. Too bad, they have been remove due to their sexy

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
Time Commando
In this Adeline classic, Stanley Opar must defeat a virus that infected a computer that simulates varios scenarios across history, essentially killing every living thing that gets in his way.

Females in the game:

Prehistory:
Cavewoman (1)

Roman Empire:
Slave (1)

Feudal Japan:
Geisha (1)

Farmer (1)

European Middle Age
Sorceress (1)

Conquistadors
Captain's Mistress (1)

Sacrificial Offering (1)

King's companions (2)

Wild West
Woman (1)

Modern Wars
Resistance Fighter (5)

Future
Acrobat (1)

I hope you enjoy this.
P.S: Other videos may show certain demises with more clarity. Feel free to explore them.

Last edited:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Speaking of OpenBOR, I once took someone else's mod and replaced the enemies of the first level with females. I may, if you with, share it with you.

If you modded someone else's mod, it is common courtesy to ask the original creator if you can share it. It's not always possible to contact an original creator. If after making a good faith attempt to contact the original creator, you may share the mod, but be sure to give credit to the original creator.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
If you modded someone else's mod, it is common courtesy to ask the original creator if you can share it. It's not always possible to contact an original creator. If after making a good faith attempt to contact the original creator, you may share the mod, but be sure to give credit to the original creator.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)
You are right, of course. As a matter of fact, I had been pondering the ethical ramifications of modifying someone else's material myself. I will attempt to contact the mod creator, and in a worst case scenario, give credit where it is due. Thanks.

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
Greetings,
Ermax619, the author of the "A Tale of Vengeance" mod, gave me authorization to share this "mod^2".
There are some missing features. This is an unfinished work; there is plenty of room for improvement. I will, if you wish, continue to modify it in order to improve it. Any feedback you can give me so that I can implement it in a further version is more than welcome. I hope that you enjoy it.
BORZako2.rar

Last edited:

colasc

Swell Supporter
Greetings,
Ermax619, the author of the "A Tale of Vengeance" mod, gave me authorization to share this "mod^2".
There are some missing features. This is an unfinished work; there is plenty of room for improvement. I will, if you wish, continue to modify it in order to improve it. Any feedback you can give me so that I can implement it in a further version is more than welcome. I hope that you enjoy it.
BORZako2.rar

Thx for your effort! Glad to see something like this.
So I quite enjoy it and actually liked the choice of sound.
Personal point: Not a fan of these enemy sprites. When i play these type of games I would prefer when most of them would look like Mai in terms of.. you know.

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
You put a lot of work into this! There's lots of sound editing involved, and did you edit the sprites? The hit and fall reactions seem custom.
Yes, I picked sounds from online libraries, and did some tweaking to some of the animations. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Thx for your effort! Glad to see something like this.
So I quite enjoy it and actually liked the choice of sound.
Personal point: Not a fan of these enemy sprites. When i play these type of games I would prefer when most of them would look like Mai in terms of.. you know.
I'll take note, and add some of them in the future. Actually, there are a few characters left to implement. Thanks for the advice!

hayoto

Vivacious Visitor
Yes, I picked sounds from online libraries, and did some tweaking to some of the animations. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I'll take note, and add some of them in the future. Actually, there are a few characters left to implement. Thanks for the advice!

Man this is great. Loved the voices and the models (although i think similar to colasc in this matter). Im no expert at this, but is it possible for the enemies to last longer when they are defeated? I hust love to see them just lying there death. And if you coud add some blood also it would be great.

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
Man this is great. Loved the voices and the models (although i think similar to colasc in this matter).
I see. I have added some Mais for good measure. I am pondering making several level.txt files to satisfy different tastes.
Im no expert at this, but is it possible for the enemies to last longer when they are defeated? I hust love to see them just lying there death.
I think it is possible to add a boolean in the model file that makes body remain for good, although personally I sort of like the disappearance. Suggestions?

EDIT:
There it is:

nodieblink {int}
  • ~Sets how entity's death animation is played.
    • 0 = entity starts blinking as soon as entity die in respective FALL animation.
    • 1 = entity won't blink until after the last frame of entity's FALL or DEATH animation when killed.
    • 2 = entity won't blink at all during death, and entity will disappear after the last frame of their death animation.
    • 3 = entity will play it's death animation without blinking, and will not disappear until scrolled offscreen. The enemy won't count towards 'group's after dying, even though they don't disappear. This setting ONLY works for enemies.

And if you coud add some blood also it would be great.
I haven't used blood yet in a BOR mod, nor I do know how to do it yet. I will look into it. Thanks!

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I'm not a particular fan of blood, but well... that's just me. The bodies staying is a great change, it's what I woulda reccomended. It works well with your wave design, leading to pretty great scenes afterwards:
bor - 0002.jpg

bor - 0005.jpg

I can tell you're planning on adding more enemy types, so keep at it; there's tons out there. Yoko, bloodrayne, the SNK blaze edit, poison, B.jenet...

For gameplay feedback, you incentivize grabs by adding a sound hook there, but lots of the enemies have 100% combos when you're close. I don't mind that much since there appears to be infinite combos, but it can be a bit of a downer to get taken from full to dead after going for a grab and getting jabbed. Especially since there's so many enemies to get through per section, which I like but means that any damage taken is serious. Even the block doesn't help that much when you get juggled.

Last edited:

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
I'm not a particular fan of blood, but well... that's just me. The bodies staying is a great change, it's what I woulda reccomended. It works well with your wave design, leading to pretty great scenes afterwards:
Very well - remaining bodies is it then.

I can tell you're planning on adding more enemy types, so keep at it; there's tons out there. Yoko, bloodrayne, the SNK blaze edit, poison, B.jenet...
Thanks! Although there are some SNK characters lacking, I fear importing characters from other games would stand out as foreign. We all love poison/roxy, but even the sprite size would be odd (just my two cents).

For gameplay feedback, you incentivize grabs by adding a sound hook there, but lots of the enemies have 100% combos when you're close. I don't mind that much since there appears to be infinite combos, but it can be a bit of a downer to get taken from full to dead after going for a grab and getting jabbed. Especially since there's so many enemies to get through per section, which I like but means that any damage taken is serious. Even the block doesn't help that much when you get juggled.
Interesting feedback. Should I erradicate special moves for zakos, or is there room for at least one or two of them having more abilities than the rest?

Thanks for the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.