[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (4 Viewers)

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello Ray Wing,

I have attached a 7zip with the original texture and some tries I did.
03 ,05 and 06 in game are like the screenshot, with the black borders.
02, 04 and 07 are the same but white instead of black.

I'm pretty confident that the hair texture has to be saved with some particular setting or edited in a specific way that I don't know.
Please let me know if you need me to perform any test or give you additional information.
Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards
Thank you I will look into it as soon as I can.
How to Launch minecraft story mode season 2 with 64bit?
Unfortunately the game is crashing and I not yet figured out why.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello Ray Wing,

I have attached a 7zip with the original texture and some tries I did.
03 ,05 and 06 in game are like the screenshot, with the black borders.
02, 04 and 07 are the same but white instead of black.

I'm pretty confident that the hair texture has to be saved with some particular setting or edited in a specific way that I don't know.
Please let me know if you need me to perform any test or give you additional information.
Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards
Could you please try these settings when saving in Photoshop:
2018-01-28_1803.png
I was able to get the same file as original using these settings.

ckx3009

Potential Patron
Could you please try these settings when saving in Photoshop:
View attachment 69503
I was able to get the same file as original using these settings.
Hello Ray Wing,
I tried that settings using both a DDS without the black background and one with the black background but the game did not load the savegame (it was stuck at the loading screen), I was just able to get to the main menu and navigate around that (this already happened with other settings).
I also tried to use Kaldaien's FAR tool. Using that I'm able to load the game but the texture is shown as in the screenshot, so no improvements.

Thank you very much again and best regards

Last edited:

chaosjoker

Casual Client
I want to rename the file.
ex) pew_nude_00_0000.dds -> 1477890455.dds
To be modded in resorep 1.7.0, you need a file name in numeric format.

It is a texture that can not be extracted due to an unknown error.
I also used the skin texture of PrincessNicky, but it did not work.
Is there a way?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello Ray Wing,
I tried that settings using both a DDS without the black background and one with the black background but the game did not load the savegame (it was stuck at the loading screen), I was just able to get to the main menu and navigate around that (this already happened with other settings).
I also tried to use Kaldaien's FAR tool. Using that I'm able to load the game but the texture is shown as in the screenshot, so no improvements.

Got it. Will check it this weekend. Hopefully will be able to figure something out.
What does Unhooking a file mean? It's my first time modding?
That means select a game in Resorep UI (click its row in the table in the middle of UI) and then click "Remove selected" button.
I want to rename the file.
ex) pew_nude_00_0000.dds -> 1477890455.dds
To be modded in resorep 1.7.0, you need a file name in numeric format.

It is a texture that can not be extracted due to an unknown error.
I also used the skin texture of PrincessNicky, but it did not work.
Is there a way?
Could you please elaborate? I'm not quite sure what do you have now and what are you trying to achieve.

chaosjoker

Casual Client
Sorry. I will contact you in more detail.
For black desert online
When extracting the original texture using Resorep
It is extracted with a file name consisting of digits.
th1.jpg
If it is original, there will be a name for each file.
I checked. Each file has its own name.
ex) Ranger_nude_body_skin_0000_01
th2.jpg
Is there a way to change this to a numeric name?
To be modded in resorep
I know that I need a numerical filename like the one I extracted.

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Sorry. I will contact you in more detail.
For black desert online
When extracting the original texture using Resorep
It is extracted with a file name consisting of digits.
View attachment 69641
If it is original, there will be a name for each file.
I checked. Each file has its own name.
ex) Ranger_nude_body_skin_0000_01
View attachment 69642
Is there a way to change this to a numeric name?
To be modded in resorep
I know that I need a numerical filename like the one I extracted.
Got it now. You may use the attached tool. When it asks for folder with original textures - point it to folder with textures with original names like "Ranger_nude_body_skin_0000_01". When it asks for Resorep modded textures folder - point it to some other empty folder. Then when it finishes see the names.txt file that it will generate. Or you may also find your file in attached names.txt.

One more thing - because of countermeasures that BDO developers implemented you will have flaky file names when you capture textures. E.g. same texture may be captured as 14.dds, 15.dds and 16.dds. For modification to work you have to mod only one of such textures and put it into modded textures folder. I recommend to chose the texture with the name in the middle. E.g. for 14, 15 and 16.dds it's better to choose 15.dds. But if you don't know which one is correct, e.g. you have only 2 names of same texture - choose any of them.

Attachments

resorep_hasher.zip
28.9 KB · Views: 134

names.txt
764.4 KB · Views: 121

chaosjoker

Casual Client
Got it now. You may use the attached tool. When it asks for folder with original textures - point it to folder with textures with original names like "Ranger_nude_body_skin_0000_01". When it asks for Resorep modded textures folder - point it to some other empty folder. Then when it finishes see the names.txt file that it will generate. Or you may also find your file in attached names.txt.

One more thing - because of countermeasures that BDO developers implemented you will have flaky file names when you capture textures. E.g. same texture may be captured as 14.dds, 15.dds and 16.dds. For modification to work you have to mod only one of such textures and put it into modded textures folder. I recommend to chose the texture with the name in the middle. E.g. for 14, 15 and 16.dds it's better to choose 15.dds. But if you don't know which one is correct, e.g. you have only 2 names of same texture - choose any of them.

Thank you very much. i will try

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello Ray Wing,

I captured that texture myself and it was different from yours. Actually it's DirectX 10 DXT1 with 1 bit alpha (original file size is 683 kb). And the main problem with such format that there is no tool that can save a texture exactly in this format. I have tried different tools and plugins and best what I got is plain (not DirectX 10) DXT1 with 1 bit alpha. And somehow NieR seems to not like when texture format is different from original and game loading hangs :(

ckx3009

Potential Patron
I captured that texture myself and it was different from yours. Actually it's DirectX 10 DXT1 with 1 bit alpha (original file size is 683 kb). And the main problem with such format that there is no tool that can save a texture exactly in this format. I have tried different tools and plugins and best what I got is plain (not DirectX 10) DXT1 with 1 bit alpha. And somehow NieR seems to not like when texture format is different from original and game loading hangs :(
Hello Ray Wing,
Thank you very much for your troubleshooting!
How can I save a texture in DXT1 with alpha?
I'm asking this because even if with Resorep the loading process hangs, using FAR it never hanged: so I'd like to try this path and see if the texture gets displayed correctly within the game.
Thank you again and best regards

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello Ray Wing,
Thank you very much for your troubleshooting!
How can I save a texture in DXT1 with alpha?
I'm asking this because even if with Resorep the loading process hangs, using FAR it never hanged: so I'd like to try this path and see if the texture gets displayed correctly within the game.
Thank you again and best regards
You may do that using old Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop. But in order for texture to load correctly you have to turn on the "Load mip-maps as separate layers" checkbox when you open the original texture. Than you may delete all mip-map layers and generate them when you save modded file.
Another option is to use GIMP2 with DDS plugin. It loads the texture with no special efforts and when saving you have to choose "BC1/DXT1" option. It will preserve alpha.

ckx3009

Potential Patron
Hello again Ray Wing,
I followed your instructions with the Nvidia DDS plugin and using FAR I managed to load the game and the texture was displayed correctly.
I'm sorry that using Resorep it does not work as expected, but perhaps you can find a way to correct this behaviour looking at how it works with FAR.
Thank you very much for your big help and, obviously for your nice Resorep tool!
Best regards

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello again Ray Wing,
I followed your instructions with the Nvidia DDS plugin and using FAR I managed to load the game and the texture was displayed correctly.
I'm sorry that using Resorep it does not work as expected, but perhaps you can find a way to correct this behaviour looking at how it works with FAR.
Thank you very much for your big help and, obviously for your nice Resorep tool!
Best regards
Thank you too for your patience and effort. Glad that it works somehow now :) I could definitely investigate that issue sometime in the future. But sadly no ETA as always :(

Shinra358

Potential Patron
1. I'm trying to get this to work with the emulator called Demul. No dice. Using the dx11old graphics plugin for it. Can you make it work for that?

2. Also, call you allow this tool to have exe drag and drop?
3. Also, the ability to edit the path and -bit version without deleting it altogether?
4. Png output support (like texmod)?
5. Lastly, the ability for reshade to work while using this?

Attachments

resorepDll.zip
4.9 KB · Views: 131

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Sorry guys, I have only one day weekend for the last several weeks and it's going to stay so for several more weeks. Further development is paused now. I hope there are better and more actively developed DirectX 11-12 modding tools out there.

Vpzneox

Potential Patron
Wow(( That's sad to hear- I hope everything goes okay for you, Ray Wing..... As Always, if there's anything we can do to help, please let us know in the future!
For now, I Did make a little video tutorial on Resorep's usage:

(Based on Modding AoM game)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.