Tutorial for using Resorep with BDO (1 Viewer)

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
This guide needs to be updated for the new methods of modding BDO. For now hop over here Black Desert Online - Armor Swapping Essentials and download that and follow the instructions.

So if you have been lurking on the forums here you will most likely seen this tool, and seen just how confusing getting it to work can be. It can be deceptive in a way, seems simple but windows makes the whole thing a massive pain in the ass.

For the purpose of this guide i will be using PrincessNicky's mods.

(I will upload each of these files to this post just to make it easier.)
Ray Wing's Resorep Resorep | Undertow
PrincessNicky's base nude mod BDO Basebody Nudes | Undertow
Abropo's Mamammia file here Abropo's BDO armor mods | Undertow

The install for Resorep is pretty simple. Extract the zip to where ever you want the folder. Now open the folder and depending on which windows you use open the next folder.

Now before you double click resorep.jar you first need to make sure your computer isn't blocking it. So right click on it and go to properties. At the bottom you should see a little box that says unblock. Make sure that is checked. Hit apply.

Now you can run the program. As soon as you run it for the first time you will need to tell it where to find d3d11.dll in most cases it will know where to look but if not direct it to search in Windows\system32

Next you will need to tell it which exe file to hook. In this case it will be blackdesert64 which can be found in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64 unless you installed it somewhere else. (I will go into why you might want to do that later in the guide.)

This is where things tend to go wrong with Resorep. I will go into those a little more in the TroubleShooting section.
If no errors popped up, then the game is now hooked.

Now you will will to extract Mamammia and BaseBodyv2

Copy the character and sound folders from Mamammia into your Black Desert Online install folder.
( C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online ) and finally copy the .dds files from Basebodyv2 into the modded folder inside the Resorep folder ( in my case that would be C:\Users\Mac\Downloads\Resorep 1.2.0 Alpha\Win 7 x64, Win 8, Win 8.1\modded )

Now for the final steps on the install you need to go back into the Black Desert Online folder and add a new folder. Name it Backup. This folder could be anywhere really, but i like to keep it in the same place as the others. Now go into the Paz folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\Paz ) and find the file PAD.00001 Cut or move this file into your backup folder. Do not copy the file, it needs to be moved out of the Paz folder for these mods to work. Also get into the habit of returning this file to the Paz folder each time you finish playing. If they release a patch and the PAD file isnt in the Paz folder when the launcher starts to download, it will corrupt your game requiring you to reinstall.

Now you should be able to log into the game. As the game boots up you will see a string of errors. These will say something like Corrupted file and if it persists to restart your launcher. These are normal. Just click OK until they go away and the game will load normally. Now if nothing messes up our characters will now be nude under the armor. To check this you can go into the character creator and select a female character, then have them wear nothing but underwear. They should be naked.

One issue that you will see almost right away is clipping. This happens because of the way the graphics engine works. Unmodded, when you wear armor, the game removes your skin textures to prevent clipping. Unfortunately the only way for the nude mod to work, is to put those textures back in, which means it will clip through your armor.

Modders are trying to work around this but so far the best looking mod that i have seen is PrincessNicky's armor swaps. I will link to that one later in the post.

The only other real issue that resorep has is that some textures and loading screens will load slower. A lower frame rate has been reported too. Especially in places like cities where there's a lot of people.

Unfortunately this modding method has its fair share of errors and other issues. On the bright side though, they all have a work around.
First and foremost the simplest and easiest solution to pretty much ever issue Resorep is going to have is to reinstall Black Desert to a folder outside of your Programs86 folder. I have seen a number that use Documents. Just create a folder and install. This will of course require you to redownload the game. If you don't want to do that, try the steps below.

There is a number of errors to look out for. The first one will happen when you try to hook the exe file. It will simply say dx11proxy64.dll and nothing else. This typically happens because either A you need to remove all forms of java using the control panel \ add remove programs and then reinstall java. If that doesn't work you will need to take ownership of the black desert install folder through windows.

Rather then going into a guide on how to do that, I'm just going to link to some already working guides online for each windows type.
For windows7 and Vista - Take Ownership of a File or Folder
For windows8 - How to Grant Full Permission to a File or a Folder in Windows 8.1
For windows 10 - Take ownership of files and get full access in Windows 10
The next error that you may encounter is after the exe has been hooked. While booting up the game (After hitting play) you might get the error Failed to load d3d11.dll and clicking OK will kill the game. The solution to this one is pretty simple. Navigate to your windows folder and then system32. Find d3d11.dll and copy the file. Place it somewhere safe. I use the Resorep folder. Then go back into Resorep and redirect it to look for the d3d11.dll file in the new location. To be on the safe side, have Resorep de-hook blackdesert64 and then re-hook it again. Now try loading the game.
For now i will leave the trouble shooting there. I think there is more but i cant think of what they are at the moment. Instead if new issues come up in the thread i will add them to the post so people don't have to hunt for answers.

Searching the forums will reveal a number of BDO mods, these are the ones that i use and enjoy. I have no idea if they can be mixed together.

The first is NickyWorldBDO+HideBoots - Installing is simple, place the DDS files in the modded folder within Resorep and then place the xml file in the character folder within the BDO install folder.
This mod is one of PrincessNicky's earlier works and mods a number of armors to remove pants and stuff like that. Generally make things more skimpy without straight up nude everywhere. Then the xml file will hide boots and shoes on almost all armors. The only exception to that is the crafting outfits. You will have clipping on some armors but i have gotten used to it to the point where i actually like it more now.

The other one that i have used is also by PrincessNicky and is her massive armor swap undertaking. It can be downloaded here. NickyWorld BDO - Updated mods pack including more armors and swapouts | Undertow This mod is a work around for all the clipping issues. It swaps the worst offending armors to ones that don't. You can see some screen shots in this thread: Black Desert Online armor/costume mods | Page 9 | Undertow

That's pretty much everything i think. If you do have issues still, post here and i will help with what i can or redirect you to a forum post where they may know.

Things that need to be added to the guide: Screenshots.

Attachments

Basebodyv2(1).7z
1,018 KB · Views: 264

mammamia.rar
193.7 KB · Views: 273

Resorep 1.2.0 Alpha.7z
7.3 MB · Views: 274

NickyWorldBDO+HideBoots.rar
13.1 MB · Views: 272

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
It's great to see a complete guide for people new to Resorep and giving so many helpful tips how to get around problems that can happen trying to get it working :smile:

Rolofsen

Potential Patron
Hi there, first i want to say great work so far. But i got a Little question to texmodding besides nudemods. I am about to make a Translation for the RU Client. So i have to "translate" some Textures what i allready did of course. By now i did what the Instructions saying, but the Textures i made won' t load. So maybe i could get a hint on what the Problem is?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hi there, first i want to say great work so far. But i got a Little question to texmodding besides nudemods. I am about to make a Translation for the RU Client. So i have to "translate" some Textures what i allready did of course. By now i did what the Instructions saying, but the Textures i made won' t load. So maybe i could get a hint on what the Problem is?
What compression type do those translated textures use (dxt1, dxt5 or uncompressed)?

Rolofsen

Potential Patron
As i ripped them with resorep it took them into "uncompressed". So i used RGBA 32bit (8.8.8.8) for saving the Texture, oh and before i Forget i used the nvidia dds Tools for saving.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
As i ripped them with resorep it took them into "uncompressed". So i used RGBA 32bit (8.8.8.8) for saving the Texture, oh and before i Forget i used the nvidia dds Tools for saving.
Unfortunately I did not implement overriding of uncompressed textures. Because I saw that they are used for UI only.

Rolofsen

Potential Patron
DOH! :grin: well too bad. If you are decide to implement that function you could pm me?:smile: i allready looked for a repacker or something like one but with no luck^^

Rolofsen

Potential Patron
Hi again, i got another idea but i am not sure about it would working. What if i save my UI Texture as DXT5 compressed and let it load?
I mean it has ist "initial-number"...:tongue:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hi again, i got another idea but i am not sure about it would working. What if i save my UI Texture as DXT5 compressed and let it load?
I mean it has ist "initial-number"...:tongue:
Of course you can try but I'm not sure that it will work.

E

Efeler

Hi, just like you said, an error popped up when i launched the game but when i click ok, the game closes..please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.