Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (4 Viewers)

LoveNot

Casual Client
I see... i've been trying with Gimp and saving some DDS files. However when i try to put the DDS file into the GPK, it wouldn't let me.
Anyway good to know Gimp is viable for edits, thanks again.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I see... i've been trying with Gimp and saving some DDS files. However when i try to put the DDS file into the GPK, it wouldn't let me.
Anyway good to know Gimp is viable for edits, thanks again.
What do you mean by "won't let you". What is the error message?

It's also worth noting that you MUST keep to the same texture compression format that the original texture used (which is always either DXT1 or DXT5). It won't import properly if you use a different compression format, and will instead corrupt the data.

LoveNot

Casual Client
Ah well. Thanks for the tip, apparent i wasnt aware for the compression format. Such is a newbie modder bump in the road...

Sophia

Potential Patron
You do such great work, and I love your 2017 maid edits. I have a request that I can't seem to find done anywhere else, and will hope that its something you might like to do. Chambermaid and Parlor, could you take the skirt part of like you did with 2017 maid? would be much appreciated and thank you regardless~

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
You do such great work, and I love your 2017 maid edits. I have a request that I can't seem to find done anywhere else, and will hope that its something you might like to do. Chambermaid and Parlor, could you take the skirt part of like you did with 2017 maid? would be much appreciated and thank you regardless~
Thanks! It's always a tossup as to what I can and cannot do with an outfit. I'll look at those two when I have the time, but if there's large holes in the bodies then there might not be much I can do. :/

Sophia

Potential Patron
Thanks! It's always a tossup as to what I can and cannot do with an outfit. I'll look at those two when I have the time, but if there's large holes in the bodies then there might not be much I can do. :/

Sweet thanks! hope you can figure something out ^^ also the dyeable Ingenue costume would maybe look super cute with the solid dyeable skirt part removed and just leave the mesh thats under that! :D Anyways appreciate any time/work you put into these~

LoveNot

Casual Client
don't know if i should be worrying about double posting but i want your opinion on this tiny edit i made, how does it look to you?

I'm debating between editting this more or a plump immature version

Attachments

• Test 1.png
    Test 1.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 182

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
don't know if i should be worrying about double posting but i want your opinion on this tiny edit i made, how does it look to you?

I'm debating between editting this more or a plump immature version
I mean, it looks alright I guess. There just isn't much you can do with the area given that it's a flat mesh. Normal maps can only do so much to add the appearance of fake depth, and TERA's normal maps are practically nonexistant... As opposed to other games, where they can be used to great effect (that mesh is a 100% flat disc).

So to answer your question: in terms of "how it looks" for interior details, I think it looks about as good as you are going to be able to make it. It's better than the one these armors had before I changed them to an "innies", though.

LoveNot

Casual Client
I think i did better with the plump one, well with expection of the top part
But yeah, i under what you mean about Flat sufaces, its hard to get a good shape out of them
I cant seem to get a good mirror of it

Attachments

• Test 2.png
    Test 2.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I think i did better with the plump one, well with expection of the top part
But yeah, i under what you mean about Flat sufaces, its hard to get a good shape out of them
I cant seem to get a good mirror of it
Well that's another thing: the body mesh's UVW texture mapping seam cuts the body in half vertically, and the center line is RIGHT through where the pussy is. So anything you draw is going to me mirrored, and this greatly reduces your options for what you can draw. The only way to avoid doubled up textures is to have the side facing the edge of the texture be "seamless".

LoveNot

Casual Client
Okay, I'm finalizing these small edits. Would you mind me putting them there in your thread? i just want a second opinion of them

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I think I like the first one best (plump with no openings). The problem with an opening imo is that it doesn't look right from most angles, as it does not deform as a mesh would (i.e. when jumping or swaying it doesn't move an inch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.