Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (3 Viewers)

LoveNot

Casual Client
I did a boo boo.... i downloaded the game without a VPN. Hopes it doesnt bite me in the back...

Last edited:

PointedTip

Potential Patron
Ok, so I started trying to make some edits to the new 2017 Swimwear:

For the first time in a while, one of these swimsuits can be made fully topless (for all races, too).

View attachment 63927 View attachment 63928 View attachment 63929
*Removed the gaudy as hell ornaments, and for like the first time ever, was even able to completely remove the shoes!

View attachment 63932 View attachment 63933
*Removed the shirt, the gaudy pom poms on the backs of the shoes, etc.
**This edit will work for all races.

The problem I ran into though is that these swimsuits do not use the usual Event Base Body, and instead have their own self-included body textures for each race (probably because of the painted toenails). Usually when a .gpk file does this, the textures are unreadable and cannot be extracted. Using Umodel though I was able to export *most* of the race's body textures. Some of them cannot be read, including (annoyingly) Elins.

What this means is that for the races I cannot access the body textures for, they will have no nipples, for example:

View attachment 63931
Unless I can figure out how export and re-import these files, I cannot fix this... And I'm not entirely sure that I can properly re-import the body files yes for the races I was able to export them for either. :L

I've discovered a modded gpk for that respective file that has the applied nipples for it. I don't know how this person does it, however, it only applies to the Summer Wrap (the white shirt swimswear) by making the shirt invisible in order to expose the chest. I believe the Summer Wrap does not have any bra under it, so it could explain as to why he was able to but I'm no expert when it comes to modding stuff. Here's the link to it: MEGA
Let me know if the link is invalid

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I've discovered a modded gpk for that respective file that has the applied nipples for it. I don't know how this person does it, however, it only applies to the Summer Wrap (the white shirt swimswear) by making the shirt invisible in order to expose the chest. I believe the Summer Wrap does not have any bra under it, so it could explain as to why he was able to but I'm no expert when it comes to modding stuff. Here's the link to it: MEGA
Let me know if the link is invalid
I think at least one of the outfits worked with the nipples, but it shared textures with another model that didn't (or something like that). But I'll look.

EDIT: Also just so we're clear, which race are we talking about here? Elins?

EDIT2: Are you sure we're talking about the same outfits here? I recall that only one of the variants had the missing nipples issue, and there were quite a few different combinations this time using a selection of clothing pieces (i.e. black bikini with shirt, and then black bikini without shirt).

EDIT3: Dunno what you're talking about, it seems to have the same no-nipples issues:

TERA_ScreenShot_20171205_234128.png

Last edited:

PointedTip

Potential Patron
I think at least one of the outfits worked with the nipples, but it shared textures with another model that didn't (or something like that). But I'll look.

EDIT: Also just so we're clear, which race are we talking about here? Elins?

EDIT2: Are you sure we're talking about the same outfits here? I recall that only one of the variants had the missing nipples issue, and there were quite a few different combinations this time using a selection of clothing pieces (i.e. black bikini with shirt, and then black bikini without shirt).

EDIT3: Dunno what you're talking about, it seems to have the same no-nipples issues:

View attachment 67577
Then I'm not sure, on my end the nipples appear correctly for me.
TERA_ScreenShot_20171205_190914.png
EDIT: I am using the Summer Wrap (the white shirt swimwear)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter

PointedTip

Potential Patron
I tried it out, and there were any nipples on my elins, your elins is suprisingly glossy
Yeah, that is due to a mod I have installed onto my game that removes fish nets from older swimwear and applies an oily effect to the skin. Apparently this gpk spreads to most other swimsuits including the 2017 ones, which hints that there maybe a file that almost all swimsuits share with each other but I don't know what it is. You can try it if you want to: MEGA

Hmm, well it's probbaly an event base body issue then?

PointedTip PointedTip Would you mind uploading your Event_BaseBody.gpk so I can look at it?
Here you go: MEGA

EDIT: I've discovered that PC_Event_22 is the one responsible for displaying the nipples onto the Summer Wrap swimwear despite that there's a nipple mod already in PC_Event_58 (the file that has the 2017 swimwear). A look here by UModel:
Screenshot (8).png
It shows that the texture files for the 2017 swimsuits are stored within this particular file despite having one of its own, as you can see the painted toenails at the bottom right. And I further guess that the Event_BaseBody is also responsible as well.

Last edited:

LoveNot

Casual Client
well that's a nice find. Also there isnt a "nipple" mod in Event 58 to clarify that. what was modified there was just being shirtless

PointedTip

Potential Patron
well that's a nice find. Also there isnt a "nipple" mod in Event 58 to clarify that. what was modified there was just being shirtless
I don't know, but I found this: Screenshot (9).png within the file, but its a different file format other than your usual dds texture files and I am not sure if it counts towards to the whole nipple mod. And this particular one is very shiny up front, so you have to turn it at such an angle in order to properly see the entire image.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Yeah, it seems the "wet skin" texture resides within Event 22 (weird place to keep it lol).

I've forwarded the changes made to the elin event base body to it, so let's see if that fixes the problem...

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix it.
EDIT2: Wait, I may have edited the wrong texture, lemme try again...

Last edited:

LoveNot

Casual Client
I'm happy to say i've made some progroess on Event 16 costume, however i'm still running into this problem

I still have no idea what im doing, and how to properly apply the pussy/V Textures, any advice?

*Edit* Forgot to do a few things, and check a few more out*
*Edit 2: While i did fix a few more things, the result is the same
*Edit 3: I dont know what to do with the mask file tbh*

Attachments

• TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_141255.png
    TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_141255.png
    566.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

LoveNot

Casual Client
Here's what i came with. Still no progress...

*Progress: I bugged something with Saving the files... no idea what im doing wrong in saving but im doing wrong with something...*
*Photo Shop burns....*
*Edit: Photo is apparently refusing to save the files properly, and i dunno how to save them correctly*

Attachments

Black Norm Re.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 98

Black Spec Re.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 96

Black Cstm Test.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 91

Black Diff Test.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 91

Black Spec First Test.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 92

Black Norm First Test.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 93

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I'm happy to say i've made some progroess on Event 16 costume, however i'm still running into this problem

I still have no idea what im doing, and how to properly apply the pussy/V Textures, any advice?

*Edit* Forgot to do a few things, and check a few more out*
*Edit 2: While i did fix a few more things, the result is the same
*Edit 3: I dont know what to do with the mask file tbh*

Yeah so that IS like, the largest issue with doing these kinds of edits: you have to redraw the pussy so that it fits where it would be on the existing textures. So you'd need to determine where on the panty texture the pussy area is at, then try to draw it so that it lines up correctly.

Often times this means you need to draw it on a skewed diagonal, all warped and the like. No real way around it I'm afraid...

---
For example, this was one of the most annoying areas I tried to draw a pussy on in the past:

Untitled.png

LoveNot

Casual Client
Yeah so that IS like, the largest issue with doing these kinds of edits: you have to redraw the pussy so that it fits where it would be on the existing textures. So you'd need to determine where on the panty texture the pussy area is at, then try to draw it so that it lines up correctly.

Often times this means you need to draw it on a skewed diagonal, all warped and the like. No real way around it I'm afraid...

---
For example, this was one of the most annoying areas I tried to draw a pussy on in the past:

View attachment 67599

Oh i havent begin on that part yet. although doing something like that would be pretty easy for me.
My real problems are not creating stuff like this and just starting to even draw a pussy texture.

I'm pretty sure i editted the dds files above correctly. but problem is just flat out saving them in the correct format or something :/.
Mind telling me how you save you photo shop files?

Attachments

• TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_170656.png
    TERA_ScreenShot_20171206_170656.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 212

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
WOWZIES! That's... weird lol.

Well the biggest thing to worry about is making sure that you're using the same compression type as the original extracted texture was. TERA's textures all either use DXT1, or DXT5 (not sure I've ever seen them use DXT3).

If it's not that, then idk man. I usually use these settings:

1.png 2.png

...But you know if it's really not exporting correctly, you can always try opening it up in GIMP and reexporting it from there.

LoveNot

Casual Client
Hmm. Right off the bat, i noticed i have version 8.55.(String of numbers) version of the photoshop-Nvidia
plug-in. Maybe that's the problem... Could you share your plugin with me if it's possible? If not ill have to trial and error my way through these settings...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Hmm. Right off the bat, i noticed i have version 8.55.(String of numbers) version of the photoshop-Nvidia
plug-in. Maybe that's the problem... Could you share your plugin with me if it's possible? If not ill have to trial and error my way through these settings...
I just used their installer. Odds are that the version it gave me is the latest and last one for Photoshop CS2.

LoveNot

Casual Client
When I get back to editting, I'll try to reexport with gimp, i'd love to use the plug in you using though if it's not too much trouble >_>. I'm also still exporting/saving the files with DXT5 compression format. Still bothers me on how this doesn't work on photo shop but it does with gimp

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
It's not that I don't WANT to share the plugin with you, but that I have no idea how I'd do that. It's an installed program, not a drag-and-drop, plug-and-play sort of thing, I really did use a modular all-in-one installer for the thing that automatically detected and chose which version of the plugin to give me. :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.